• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cat fight!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember all the butthurt during the draft when we picked Jeremy Hill?

I wasn't butt hurt, glad we had drafted him, but I will be honest, I was hoping for Carlos Hyde as I am a Buckeye fan too. Our coaches made the right decision like they ALWAYS DO! :)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice on Andy's second INT that the DL guy tackled Burkhead on a RB screen, which was who Dalton was going to throw to? Andy saw Burkhead get tackled, tried to tuck the ball, but couldn't do it, and it just fell off his hand into Whitworth's back? WhereTF was the penalty on the DL?????

All in all not a great game for Dalton, but it wasn't as bad as some of you fools make it out to be. That 1st INT was all Dalton, the second one, WhereTF was the penalty for tackling the intended target???

Jags defense was #1 in the NFL coming into this week stopping oppising teams from scoring inside the redzone. The Ravens were the week before when the Bengals scored 3 TD's in the red zone. So coming into this week, the Jags had taken over. Scored 3 more times inside the red zone on the #1 defense in the NFL regarding that stat again this week.

Jax is very underrated, especially their D. They dismantled the Browns, have been playing tough football, they just have not been getting the W's because of the number of INT's by Bortles. Yesterday Bortles only threw 1, but should have had 4, 2 more by Lamur and 1 by Newman. After the 1st quarter, we basically moved the ball at will. I thought it was a pretty good game for the offense and minus a couple miscues the score could have been much worse.

That offsides on Green, that led to 3 points instead of 7. The blocked punt that unfortunately went through the end zone instead of settling to where we could convert a short TD score, so 2 instead of 7, and the ridiculous non-penalty call by the ref on Dalton's second INT which led to 6 points for the Jags.

Also, the score should have been 42-17, and that does not include the 3 dropped INT's that could have swung momentum our way as well. It was a complete ass kicking, with a few miscues that made the score a lot closer than the game actually was.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice on Andy's second INT that the DL guy tackled Burkhead on a RB screen, which was who Dalton was going to throw to? Andy saw Burkhead get tackled, tried to tuck the ball, but couldn't do it, and it just fell off his hand into Whitworth's back? WhereTF was the penalty on the DL?????

All in all not a great game for Dalton, but it wasn't as bad as some of you fools make it out to be. That 1st INT was all Dalton, the second one, WhereTF was the penalty for tackling the intended target???

oh geez

1. it wasn't a tackle, it was just a block, and he was not past the point where he can't be touched. The defender didn't do anything illegal.
2. Dalton clearly threw it into whitworth's back, maybe he was hoping it would bounce harmlessly to the ground for an incomplete, but it wasn't.

Dalton made a few good throws, but no more than a backup QB could have done.

he's probably our best QB, but he's clearly not the QB of the future. this shit can't be allowed to continue for the next 5 years.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh geez

1. it wasn't a tackle, it was just a block, and he was not past the point where he can't be touched. The defender didn't do anything illegal.
2. Dalton clearly threw it into whitworth's back, maybe he was hoping it would bounce harmlessly to the ground for an incomplete, but it wasn't.

he's probably our best QB, but he's clearly not the QB of the future. this shit can't be allowed to continue for the next 5 years.

It what point does a block become not a block? For shit sakes, the defender was LAYING ON TOP OF BURKHEAD, the intended receiver. You can twist it how you want I suppose, but I am a little miffed that a DL can get away with shoving a receiving target to the ground and lay on top of him. I also do not think Dalton tried to throw it into Whitworth's back for it fucking fall harmlessly to the ground. What a crock of horseshit (because it would have been a penalty anyways for illegal touching). It was pretty obvious that Dalton lost control of the ball when he was going to throw and decided to try and pull it back in. By the time he made that judgement call with Burkhead being double stuffed on the ground, the ball was already coming off his fingertips. Poor play indeed. I will not deny that. But I think the whole thing took place because Dalton's intended target on the RB screen was being butt pounded on the ground instead of being allowed to continue his route.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh geez

PS..Get used to it because Dalton is not going anywhere.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes two games straight where Dalton made egregious mistakes and the team managed to overcome them. To his credit he led the comeback against the Ravens and made plays to set up the score, then made a ballsy audible to the sneak that won the game. I'll give him credit for showing leadership there. But all he did yesterday was hand off to Hill and get out of his way on the clinching touchdown. And crash, behind the line of scrimmage to five yards downfield contact is legal so the Jags did nothing wrong there. Dalton as much as said he was going to throw it at Burkhead's feet because the play was blown up, but the ball slipped out of his hand and hit Whit in the back. If he controlled the ball better the pick would never have happened so that one's on him too.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes two games straight where Dalton made egregious mistakes and the team managed to overcome them. To his credit he led the comeback against the Ravens and made plays to set up the score, then made a ballsy audible to the sneak that won the game. I'll give him credit for showing leadership there. But all he did yesterday was hand off to Hill and get out of his way on the clinching touchdown. And crash, behind the line of scrimmage to five yards downfield contact is legal so the Jags did nothing wrong there. Dalton as much as said he was going to throw it at Burkhead's feet because the play was blown up, but the ball slipped out of his hand and hit Whit in the back. If he controlled the ball better the pick would never have happened so that one's on him too.

I say for now on then, we tackle the RB no matter if he has the f'n ball or not so he can't be an eligible receiver down field or nab a screen pass. It makes sense, let's just take the f'n RB out of the play.

See how stupid that sounds. Of course that is not legal, and neither is what happened to Burkhead.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to put some of the blame on Hue Jackson as well. Up 10 with less than 10 minutes and we get pass happy? The first pick wasn't so bad -- Looked like he had it read correctly and the corner made a nice recovery and nice play. The second pick was awful..... Can't have that at that point in the game.

Overall, I thought Dalton had a mixed day. He had some real pretty throws to Sanu and two pretty throws to AJ in the end zone (both touchdowns though one was called back). He made a dumb play.... He can't make those. Otherwise, he was fine.

The defense was awful. It's just not a very good group and they are going to get torched by teams with good offenses..... I see us really struggling with the Saints, Steelers and Broncos.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PS..I am not saying the INT was not on Dalton, what I am saying is, that had the defender not illegally tackled Burkhead that play would probably never of occurred. Poor play by Dalton to not control it a little better and go somewhere else with it with the play blown up. The play would not have been blown up had Burkhead not been ******ed though.

Blocking him is one thing, holding him a little inside that 5 yards, understandable. To flat out fucking tackle him is a whole other story though. Don't you think?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to put some of the blame on Hue Jackson as well. Up 10 with less than 10 minutes and we get pass happy? The first pick wasn't so bad -- Looked like he had it read correctly and the corner made a nice recovery and nice play. The second pick was awful..... Can't have that at that point in the game.

Overall, I thought Dalton had a mixed day. He had some real pretty throws to Sanu and two pretty throws to AJ in the end zone (both touchdowns though one was called back). He made a dumb play.... He can't make those. Otherwise, he was fine.

The defense was awful. It's just not a very good group and they are going to get torched by teams with good offenses..... I see us really struggling with the Saints, Steelers and Broncos.

Agreed on the last line for sure.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS..I am not saying the INT was not on Dalton, what I am saying is, that had the defender not illegally tackled Burkhead that play would probably never of occurred. Poor play by Dalton to not control it a little better and go somewhere else with it with the play blown up. The play would not have been blown up had Burkhead not been ******ed though.

Blocking him is one thing, holding him a little inside that 5 yards, understandable. To flat out fucking tackle him is a whole other story though. Don't you think?

I think it just goes to show how obvious the play was..... They knew the only thing we were calling there was screen or draw -- So just tackle the running back and be done with it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Browns!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it just goes to show how obvious the play was..... They knew the only thing we were calling there was screen or draw -- So just tackle the running back and be done with it.

It was poorly executed and didn't fool anyone. You are right. I could tell right away what was happening. You still can't legally tackle the RB though. Shame on Dalton for letting that entire sequence unfold.

I just want the refs to start calling things more consistently. They don't call penalties that lead to big plays. They call penalties that negate big plays. The only thing consistent regarding the refs is that they suck at their jobs.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm literally talking to the television prior to that int saying "we need to let Hill run more, Dalton is trying to give the game away"

I'm crazy for thinking anyone is listening to me through the television.

but evidently I'm smarter than the entire Bengals coaching staff. just fucking amazing.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does this say about our teams?

Thursday will be the first time since Oct. 30, 1988 that the Bengals and Browns will play each other at a time when both had 5 wins and a winning record.

The Bengals were 7-1 and the Browns were 5-3 going into that 1988 game in Cleveland. The Browns won 23-16.

Thursday is the first time since Dec. 23, 2007 that both teams had 5 wins when they played each other. The Browns were 9-5 and the Bengals were 5-9 when they met in Cincinnati. The Bengals won 19-14.
On Dec. 3, 1989, the Browns were 7-4-1 and the Bengals were 6-6 when the Bengals won in Cleveland, 21-0. I'm so old that I covered that game at Municipal Stadium.

So Thursday will be only the fourth time since 1988 that both the Bengals and Browns had 5 wins at the time they played each other.

Also, yesterday was only the 19th time that the Bengals and Browns won on the same day since 1999. That's 19 out of 160 Sundays.

Cleveland and Cincinnati have both lost on the same day 67 times since the Browns returned to the NFL in '99.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does this say about our teams?

Thursday will be the first time since Oct. 30, 1988 that the Bengals and Browns will play each other at a time when both had 5 wins and a winning record.

The Bengals were 7-1 and the Browns were 5-3 going into that 1988 game in Cleveland. The Browns won 23-16.

Thursday is the first time since Dec. 23, 2007 that both teams had 5 wins when they played each other. The Browns were 9-5 and the Bengals were 5-9 when they met in Cincinnati. The Bengals won 19-14.
On Dec. 3, 1989, the Browns were 7-4-1 and the Bengals were 6-6 when the Bengals won in Cleveland, 21-0. I'm so old that I covered that game at Municipal Stadium.

So Thursday will be only the fourth time since 1988 that both the Bengals and Browns had 5 wins at the time they played each other.

Also, yesterday was only the 19th time that the Bengals and Browns won on the same day since 1999. That's 19 out of 160 Sundays.

Cleveland and Cincinnati have both lost on the same day 67 times since the Browns returned to the NFL in '99.

It says that the Ohio teams blow ass? That is what I take from it. :laugh3:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is worse than Dalton.

we need to not hurt him, because Johnny football would run for 150 yards and 2 TD while passing for a modest amount as well.