• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz Apology Thread

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched last nights game and to me it was about 50/50. Half the time it was what Baldy tweeted out and Wentz was flat out awful. That's still terrible for any starting QB, let alone a guy eating a huge chunk of your cap.
But the other 50% of the time, I saw 7 or 8 flat out drops, a group of WRs that can't run routes and/or have zero burst to get seperation and honestly, they were a better group last year with the practice squad guys. I see a coach that seems to be oblivious to that and continues to call the same dumb plays that never work. And Howie might just be the worst evaluator of talent in all of football. Fwiw, Hurts is no answer either but he likely can't be worse.
Not defending Wentz, mind you. His accuracy is awful and he constantly overthrows or underthrows open guys. He seemingly has no idea how to read the defense at times and will try big plays that are called even when they have no chance instead of checking off to easy wide open chain movers.
Lurie has to be fuming in the owners box and if he is as smart as I think he is and passionate about winning, he needs to blow this whole thing up and rebuild with different people in the F.O. and on the sideline.

I agree, it is not all on Wentz, but he is a big part of it. And hard to evaluate the rest given how poorly he is playing. They need to play Hurts a little to see what happens. And I think they will before the season is over.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it is not all on Wentz, but he is a big part of it. And hard to evaluate the rest given how poorly he is playing. They need to play Hurts a little to see what happens. And I think they will before the season is over.
Wentz deserves some slack, as he's a RB playing QB.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pederson ever starts Hurts this season. He will be gone by the next season.
If he doesnt turn things around using Wentz, His career as an Eagles HC will be over. So I dont think he is eager to make that switch.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pederson ever starts Hurts this season. He will be gone by the next season.
If he doesnt turn things around using Wentz, His career as an Eagles HC will be over. So I dont think he is eager to make that switch.
Pederson is gone no matter what he does at this point, imo.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans are likely reminiscing fondly of the days of him being brittle. An injury this year would be a blessing in disguise. I will say this for Wentz. He is one tough sonofabitch. Just throws passes like Blake Bortles.

I was thinking just that this morning. It wasn't that long ago that Wentz was considered a damned good QB and his only issue was staying healthy,

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....as many eagle fans said, the team was smart signing wentz when they did to drive up the cash Dak gets from Dallas.

That was clearly keeping the eye on the ball.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....as many eagle fans said, the team was smart signing wentz when they did to drive up the cash Dak gets from Dallas.

That was clearly keeping the eye on the ball.
well to be fair. They already got their Superbowl. Those couple of smart fans already know they have to wait another 50 years before maybe getting another. Might as well fuck with the Cowboys!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Wentz demoted to towel boy

- Wentz waves the white flag

- Wentz throws in the towel

- Maybe he should stick to throwing towels

- Wentz, still no interceptions with a towel through 12 weeks. Eagles fans call him the greatest towel thrower ever

sorry, couldn't figure out which to go with :drum:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Wentz, still no interceptions with a towel through 12 weeks. Eagles fans call him the greatest towel thrower ever

That we know of.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard he had to go to the locker room & get iced down after throwing in the towel.
His return is Questionable.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles organization has completely ruined this guy. It started with the injury and the Foles run. Then the statue and compounded year after year by stupid drafting and bad decisions. Honestly, the contract was just the tip of the iceberg.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles organization has completely ruined this guy. It started with the injury and the Foles run. Then the statue and compounded year after year by stupid drafting and bad decisions. Honestly, the contract was just the tip of the iceberg.
it is usually the edges(tips) of Icebergs that get you! Just sayin'

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-5 and playoff appearance last season with Rivers. 9-8 and no appearance with Wentz.