• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Carolina Panthers @ Seattle Seahawks

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ET injury puts a bit of a wet blanket on what otherwise would have been a great sports weekend for PNW fans. I am not worried at all about some emotion-fueled comments from Earl about his future; will be rough to replace him for sure the rest of this season though. Terrell immediately gave up a big one last night but overall played ok I think. Could get some love from Rodgers next game too, so hopefully the front 7 stays healthy and helps him out.

Good to see the O getting back to what it was doing leading up to the TB game. Not having Kuechly out there helped that cause, but good bounce back either way.

Had someone told me when the schedule came out that we would be going into Lambeau with a chance to be unbeaten vs Arizona, NE, Carolina and GB then I would call that a pretty damn good place to be.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ET injury puts a bit of a wet blanket on what otherwise would have been a great sports weekend for PNW fans. I am not worried at all about some emotion-fueled comments from Earl about his future; will be rough to replace him for sure the rest of this season though. Terrell immediately gave up a big one last night but overall played ok I think. Could get some love from Rodgers next game too, so hopefully the front 7 stays healthy and helps him out.

Good to see the O getting back to what it was doing leading up to the TB game. Not having Kuechly out there helped that cause, but good bounce back either way.

Had someone told me when the schedule came out that we would be going into Lambeau with a chance to be unbeaten vs Arizona, NE, Carolina and GB then I would call that a pretty damn good place to be.

Does anyone else think that play was really on Wagner, not Terrell? Wagner had the middle 1/3 on that play and Ginn caught him flat footed. Terrell just moved to react to the throw, but Wagner was so beat that Terrell ended up being closer to Ginn at the time of the catch.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think that play was really on Wagner, not Terrell? Wagner had the middle 1/3 on that play and Ginn caught him flat footed. Terrell just moved to react to the throw, but Wagner was so beat that Terrell ended up being closer to Ginn at the time of the catch.
Not sure -- would have to watch again since I was at the game and sometimes hard to pinpoint stuff like that. As good as Bobby is, I have a hard time picturing a matchup deep down the field with Ginn that wouldn't be a disadvantage.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure -- would have to watch again since I was at the game and sometimes hard to pinpoint stuff like that. As good as Bobby is, I have a hard time picturing a matchup deep down the field with Ginn that wouldn't be a disadvantage.

They ran a Tampa 2 defense on that play, with Terrell on the left, Wagner in the middle and Chancellor on the right. Personally, I think they did this to shield Terrell from this exact scenario, as he was coming into the game cold - and the Panthers are very aggressive on offense and it would fit their style to go deep in this situation. It's not like this is the first time that Wagner has been asked to run stride for stride with some of the fastest WRs in the league - and he's usually up to the task - but it's almost like he wasn't expecting Ginn to go deep and he was just not prepared for it, and Chancellor and Terrell both were playing so wide that neither could recover enough to help him. That's how I saw the play - it could be wrong, but that's how I saw it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy about the win but the Panthers Oline is almost as bad as the Hawks and we had ZERO, ZIP, NADA, NULL sacks. First game all year that the Panthers with Cam starting gave up 0 sacks.

coincidence with Bennett starting? possibly but it's still a thing. He also did a great job blocking Clark on one of the best spin moves i have ever seen knocking Clark down and bringing his blocker back into him after those two ran a stunt. Time to take away his ad-lib ability.

P.S. Bennett DID NOT line up offsides. The Kick was downed in the endzone making the LoS the 25 Yard line. His hand was not even touching the 25 and his head was behind where his hand was. The Refs some how had the ball placed on the 25 and 1/3rd yard line. Did ANYONE else notice this?

Bennett was saying they ran formations that kept lot's of blockers in, something he hasn't seen from Carolina in past games... It limited there passing game but increased Cam's protection ... I think Carolina came in thinking max protect and slow down Seattle's pass rush...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett was saying they ran formations that kept lot's of blockers in, something he hasn't seen from Carolina in past games... It limited there passing game but increased Cam's protection ... I think Carolina came in thinking max protect and slow down Seattle's pass rush...

With their apparent o-line troubles, that was probably a good idea. It didn't work in terms of production, but it kept Newton mostly upright and healthy.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With their apparent o-line troubles, that was probably a good idea. It didn't work in terms of production, but it kept Newton mostly upright and healthy.

True ... definitely limited there options downfield .. It's always give and take if your gonna stack the line for protection....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game... Couldn't post much because I was watching the game at my father-in-laws and it's no fun posting w/ your phone...

Great to see Britt back in the middle helping get the OL back in tact... We still have some major issues w/ pass pro but our run blocking looked good last night, except for Sowell... I have no idea why he even plays... He's so bad... Our depth must be absolutely horrible...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran a Tampa 2 defense on that play, with Terrell on the left, Wagner in the middle and Chancellor on the right. Personally, I think they did this to shield Terrell from this exact scenario, as he was coming into the game cold - and the Panthers are very aggressive on offense and it would fit their style to go deep in this situation. It's not like this is the first time that Wagner has been asked to run stride for stride with some of the fastest WRs in the league - and he's usually up to the task - but it's almost like he wasn't expecting Ginn to go deep and he was just not prepared for it, and Chancellor and Terrell both were playing so wide that neither could recover enough to help him. That's how I saw the play - it could be wrong, but that's how I saw it.
Yeah, finally saw that on a replay breakdown yesterday. Very odd looking formation with 54 as the deep guy in the middle of the field. If Terrell really is as fast as they were saying on the radio yesterday, I hope we reconsider trying this again.

My score prediction for this game that I put up on fb was 30-9. One of my Army buddy Panthers fans told me that was a generous score; I say yeah -- was gonna go with 6 but figure CAR will hit one of those chuck-and-pray passes. I thought it would be Benjamin vs Ginn, but they sure enough hit one.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was great Seeing Lynch on the sidelines, this needs to be talked about more. Also 40-7 win, the Hawks need to bring him to EVERY game lol. The Beastmode on the sidelines made the Running game a BEAST even if he didn't play :P lol
I think you are on to something there. The team need not pay him though as he counts $5M against the cap this year as dead money IIRC, lol.