• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carmelo Tells Lakers, NBA "He's Not Going Nowhere" in 2014

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either TLF. I'll take the present roster and to re-sign a number of them to long term deals like Xavier Henry, Nick Young, Jordon Farmar, Kelly, and maybe Harris and Williams.

agree Retro. in my mind Xavier is looking like he's earned his way onto the roster, as has Farmar. in all honesty i wasn't sure he was going to bring much to the table, but he looked fairly good in our first game. Ryan Kelly i'm hoping gets some minutes and looks i know he's a rookie, but the guy's supposed to be able to be a pretty good 3 point shooter, and at 6'11" he'd hopefully be a decent answer to guys like Bosh-Spice and Dirk Nowitzki(pretty hard to block a cat THAT tall on the perimeter). hope he gets over his foot issues. Nick Young is obviously a no-brainer. Williams and Elias Harris we'll see. same in my mind for Steve Blake. should be interesting going forward...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight. Even with all of the new guys, this team is way ahead of last year's in terms of energy, competitive fire, shooting, offensive production, and no-quit attitude. I think Kelly will stick. I think Blake will stick but Meeks is on the bubble. He helped himself last evening with a couple of timely threes, but I see Darius Johnson-Odom sticking before Meeks. J-O had a pretty good game last evening for the short time he was in there. I like what I am seeing though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think DJO has any shot at making the team. Meeks will. He has a guaranteed contract.

I do think the Lakers carry a full 15 man roster. I figured it would come down to Henry and Landry for that last spot. Based on the first two preseason games, Henry has that spot locked up. Landry was horrible Sunday night.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lakersrule, you die hard Lakers fans are a whole bunch of old paradime pundits who won't see anything won for them anytime soon. Your type still likes the St. Louis Rams and has faith in Nash which has no chance left. In the back of your mind you may think Nash could be great in his 3rd year with L.A. like Uribe became great in the 3rd year of his contract. But that's just not the case. It's a total dead end. Charles Barkley was absolutely correct...Lakers have a lineup like Princeton now. Lakers need to completely clean house, it's over. Just give it up, rebuild it's over. However one thing Lakers have left is to try to get Kobe the career points title.....which is actually something they could actually build on. But as far as a title it's over. Regarding Gasol that just makes Kobe look better that he actually won 2 titles around him. But people are starting to respect Lebron more now as a nucleus. And it's rightfully so. The torch was passed without ever really ever being passed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakersrule, you die hard Lakers fans are a whole bunch of old paradime pundits who won't see anything won for them anytime soon. Your type still likes the St. Louis Rams and has faith in Nash which has no chance left. In the back of your mind you may think Nash could be great in his 3rd year with L.A. like Uribe became great in the 3rd year of his contract. But that's just not the case. It's a total dead end. Charles Barkley was absolutely correct...Lakers have a lineup like Princeton now. Lakers need to completely clean house, it's over. Just give it up, rebuild it's over. However one thing Lakers have left is to try to get Kobe the career points title.....which is actually something they could actually build on. But as far as a title it's over. Regarding Gasol that just makes Kobe look better that he actually won 2 titles around him. But people are starting to respect Lebron more now as a nucleus. And it's rightfully so. The torch was passed without ever really ever being passed.

Arguably the dumbest, most incoherent thing ever posted on the Lakers boards and that's saying something considering that turnip has posted here.

I'd suggest you go back to English 101 (or maybe Remedial English), then come back and try again when you've learned to transfer a complete thought from your brain to your keyboard.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

Saying DJO won't make the team garnered that response? The Lakers just can't clean house. They have to field a team. There is a minimum salary level that the team must hit. It all practically comes off the books for next summer. I guess that is called cleaning house?

Not a Rams fan, not a Dodgers fan, and have said Lebron is the best player in the world for awhile now. What the fuck fool?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord, and in thought Turnip was an idiot...never mind, he is. But posts like these put this mcnuggets character up there, too...

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo is the tony romo of basketball.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? You do realize that the 39 year old point guard will be the only player still on contract after next season and that his contract expires the following year right?

Please explain how the Lakers future is "ruined" with the amount of cap space they will have over the next 2 free agent markets!!

This should be good!!

He's still ignoring this fact even to this day. :L

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you spell "paradime" douchebag? Go back to wherever you came from you illiterate tool....still praying for your Flames to win a Cup??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERSUSCBAM. That is two dimes you can rub together! Try paradigm for your two dimes.