• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight's getting his just deserts, he wanted to go to Houston and laugh it up with his boy Harden. They're laughing themselves all the way to another 1st round exit.

1st round exit? Well here's my reaching deep into the bag predication that will probably be wrong and bite me in the ass: Houston misses the playoffs

The West is stupid competitive and I really think they're going to miss the role player contributions Parsons, Lin, and Asik gave them. Barring some trade to bolster their roster, I say they miss the playoffs by a game as Phoenix or NO slides in.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st round exit? Well here's my reaching deep into the bag predication that will probably be wrong and bite me in the ass: Houston misses the playoffs

The West is stupid competitive and I really think they're going to miss the role player contributions Parsons, Lin, and Asik gave them. Barring some trade to bolster their roster, I say they miss the playoffs by a game as Phoenix or NO slides in.

You may well be right about that. It seems like the Rockets are the only team in the league that actually managed to get worse in this past seasons FA market. In order for up and coming teams like the Suns and Pelicans to get in, someone needs to fall out. Houston seems to be as likely a candidate as anyone.

And I'm sure that noooooone of us Lakers fans would find any humor in that.:lol:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight reminds me a bit of Lamar Odom. Like Lamar, Dwight is immensely talented. However, also like Lamar, he just doesn't appear to have it in him to put forth the effort and work required to maximize his talent.

The key difference between Dwight and Lamar is that Lamar was happy to accept a "supporting role" to win titles. Dwight thinks that he already knows it all and can lead a team to accomplish something that he's never done.

I pretty much learned all I needed to know about Dwight when Kareem offered to work with him and he declined. I don't care who you are or what team you play for, if a legend like that offers to help you, you take him up on it.

Hell, Kobe flew to Houston to learn a few things from Hakeem and Dwight thinks Kareem had nothing to teach him?:noidea:
:nod:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not an unreasonable prediction, of course Dwight is in denial and thinks Houston actually got better this offseason....

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an unreasonable prediction, of course Dwight is in denial and thinks Houston actually got better this offseason....

talk of the Rockets and D12 missing the playoffs? say it ain't so...

but at least he can "play and have fun" on his downward spiral...