• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can you say Ma-hol-m?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Iglesias is maybe going to be with the team awhile until Homer is ready.
I really wish Price would just say that. It's not like he's fooling anyone. What a piece of shit.

Reds remain without plan for Cuban pitcher Raisel Iglesias
by Brandon Wise | CBSSports.com
Reds pitcher Raisel Iglesias is still in limbo as the final week of spring training looms, reports MLB.com. Iglesias may make the pitching staff as a bullpen arm or be sent down to the minors for some extra work, but manager Bryan Price won't say just yet.

"I imagine he might be a little of both this year, and where he does it, I just don't know yet," Price said on Saturday. "We'd be hard pressed to throw him out there for 30-plus starts at any level and think we're going to be able to control his innings to a level we're comfortable with."

Iglesias has made three starts this spring with three other appearances out of the bullpen.

"He needed to be more effective with the location of his fastball," Price said. "That's something we did see in the [Arizona Fall League] and instructional league, better command of the fastball in the strike zone. We know it's in there. But his fastball command hasn't been as good as we have seen in the past. We're working on helping him improve."

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds released Maholm today and sent Pedro Villarreal out.

The Maholm release comes just short of the article xx-b rule that requires teams to release them or add them to the active roster. The other option was to pay the $100k retention fee and they could stow him away in the minors until June 1st.

Gregg falls under the same rule.