• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Freeman Be The Asnwer For The Vikes?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Freeman will get the start for the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night when they take on the struggling New York Giants, and Leslie Frazier and his staff will get a glimpse of what they might have in Tampa Bay's former franchise QB. Based on what I've seen from Freeman on film, I think he has the most potential of the Vikings' three candidates -- including Christian Ponder and Matt Cassel -- to be the team's quarterback of the future.
However, before he can be Minnesota's QB of the future, he's going to need to succeed in the present. And to do that, he'll need to solve his problems of the past.
What went wrong

As we know, the quarterback gets too much credit and takes too much blame for most situations on offense. So let me start by saying Freeman's position certainly amplified his issues with the Buccaneers. When I re-examined all of Freeman's throws thus far in 2013, I came away confident in my opinion that his benching -- and ensuing release -- wasn't warranted. Moreover, I'm convinced Freeman has it within him to be a good quarterback in the NFL. And he'll prove it in Minnesota.

NFL - Why Josh Freeman can succeed with the Minnesota Vikings - ESPN

What do you guys think? I personally have always said he was a bit overrated, he had one good year and completely fell off after it. Think Ponder is the better option for this team still, IMO.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either guy is the option but I understand why they want to give Josh Freeman a chance

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponder is garbage. Take it from me, I know garbage qbs. I grew up a bears fan. I'd roll with freeman then draft a QB.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good QB prospects in next years draft, especially my boy Manziel!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb that you guys gave up on Ponder

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Vikes sign some WR's that are about 6'10" tall, Freeman might be ok. Just about every pass he threw tonight was high, very high. Part of it might be pressure, but he needs to put it on the WR, not 6' over their heads, behind them or 4 yards out of bounds. There are probably a lot of things that play into this, but he looked really bad tonight.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
freeman would be a great cfl QB

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the answer tonight. And doubt he will be in the future. There's a reason Tampa gave up on him.
Not trying to kick you guys while your down. Actually like what Ponder has done in the few times I've seen him play. Just think he needs more help, whether it be WR, O-line, another TE.
But if the Vikes continue on the pace their on. They should get a hell of college QB. A few good 1's coming out
this year. Something to look forward to. More than I can say about my Bears.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Freeman is not, and never will be, the answer for the Vikings at QB. I always thought he was overrated during his time in Tampa, and I don't see him coming to Minnesota magically changing that. If Ponder can't figure it out before the end of the season, then they need to draft a guy in the first roud, whether that be with their own pick or trading up in the draft to get the guy they want.