• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Called it: Jason Smith edition

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make no bones about it- I don't like Schwartz. He acts like he's the second coming of Bill Billicheck, but he seems to forget that he doesn't have multiple Super Bowl wins...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always got the vibe from him that he's his own man. Blazing his own path. His own way. But I don't have my mind made up to be negative about him. Being as he led the Lions to a 10 win season and the playoffs. Unlike a long list of his predecessors. But if you want have your mind made up, go for it. Like jay said, it's a fan forum, not a fan club.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I just can't buy that anyone "knew" he'd bust out with us. I think some people saw that we traded a late-round pick for him following an unproductive season and basically just decided to stick a fork in him. Turns out you were all right, but there was no reasoning there- at least nobody could give any other than "teams don't trade good players" and other generic rhetoric like that. Some did point to his lack of production with us last year when given the opportunity, and I suppose that was a valid argument, but for the most part it was the tired old "he sucks because he sucks" school of thought.

It bothers me when people make a snap decision without gathering all of the facts and then stick to said decision like their life depends on it. There's no logic to that. As for Thomas, he was very productive for his first few years before just dropping off the map. He had the attributes we were looking for, but just lost whatever mojo he had early in his career.

All-in-all it certainly was a bad trade for us.

But you NOW admit he sucks now?

You have to stop getting so mad at people for saying someone sucks....they are not ALL good...just because they are lions, they could still suck....these players get paid good money.....im sure their feelings wont be hurt over internet suck talk.....if muzz doesnt like leshoure, thats his opinion...i dont think hes anything better than a 1 yd TD guy....as for bell...hard to judge him on preseason......and his stats from last year were misleading.....how many catches did he get in games when the lions were down huge in the 4th qtr and the other team was in prevent? Just kept getting dump offs.....i wanna see him do that when the game is on the line.

Just cuz youre a fan of the team, doesnt mean you have to love every player....come sunday ill root for every player.....but i still hate levy.....dont think fox is the answer....and still am scared of our secondary....love quin so far what ive seen. But i just cant see teams not throwing all over us as usual.....if you want to bring up preseason stats.....look at what sanchez and weedon did to us. Sure, we killed the pats, but let 2 sucky QB's pick us apart.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh....one more thing.....

Is it ok to say thomas sucks?

I said it months back, and i still believe it......guy couldnt make this team.....thats gotta tell you something

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stirring the pot is what causes the drama. Cause and effect.

Of course it's possible.

It's also possible that there's a few guys on here who have a track record of stirring shit up seemingly for the fun of it. You love to stick your nose into arguments, and if there's every any negative press about our players you're usually the first to let us all know about it. This little spat is a perfect example- I didn't like Muzzer taking a shot a Leshoure for no reason, and I let him know about it. Not to let any drama pass you by, you were all to happy to jump in with a chippy comment.

No reason? What was his longest run last year.....alot of people take shots at mr 1 yarder. And im sure leshoure will be ok.....im sure he wont lose any sleep over muzzes comments.....so you shouldnt. In fact, id love for mr 1 yarder to shut muzz up....and i bet he would too. But unless he can do anything except plunge for a yard, hes not too valuable.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying Smitty, but why is it a horrible thing that TP is a positive person? Why should he catch flak for that yet it's ok for others to constantly be negative towards anything Lions related? It seems to be a double standard.

And I think some of the negative things said are warranted. But just like your opinion of TP being "blinded by positivity", others can be "blinded by negativity". There just seems to be more of the negative Nancys so they all seem to gang up on him.

Because hes ALL positive for EVERY lion.....tho muss may be negative sometimes, he still posts positive things about them. But a 4-12 team wont have many positives.

Like me....i had a post a month or so back.....said around 6-7 good things about the offseason....but was picked apart for having 2 negative comments. Im sorry im not the rah rah every lion is great...i said i didnt see anything good in thomas and next thing i know there was an argument 15 pages long about it.....next thing i know thomas was penciled in with outrageous stat predictions.

When the team is coming off a 4-12 season, and has made the playoffs just once in how many years....and hasnt even won a playoff game since crockett danced into the endzone, theres going to be alot of negativity.....are we supposed to say....wow our secondary is great...gee wiz our LB core is top notch....our 3 headed RB tandem is one of the tops in the league.....our OL is great, they will run block this year all of a sudden...i just cant say people like greenwood or bentley are so great just because they are physically a beast or fast or whatever. They gotta go out and prove it game in and game out. Its playing football, not running fast or looking good.

I mean i can say CJ is great.....our DL is good....our DT's are great....when healthy our safeties are good....stafford is ok, but great once the defense goes to prevent. Gunther is a good coach. Bush will have a huge year catching the ball, but unless he busts some long runs, i dont see him getting 1000 yds rushing. See i said all that positive stuff, but only my negative comments will matter on here.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The size wasn't a huge issue for me because I saw him moving into a hybrid RB/WR/KR/PR role, but obviously that never materialized. We drafted Bush and Riddick and landed Miller, and Edwards was/is a better undersized slot WR, so Thomas became the odd man out at both positions. He also never took hold of the KR/PR job, so there was no reason to keep him around.

If he makes it through the final cuts with the Cards that will be pretty telling about the state of their WR corps...

Cmon tp....you trying to say since we drafted riddick and LANDED miller, thomas was the odd man out? We could of drafted anyone then....it wasnt like riddick was a 1st or 2nd rounder.....and you talk of miller like hes going to be great.

I have no problem with you TP, but you have to take other peoples opinions if you want them to respect yours. The lions are hardly blessed with talent at thomas position.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously dude, who is this "we" and "us" that you're constantly speaking on behalf of? Are you the leader of some imaginary gang?

You're a huge fan - I respect that. And you post some good stuff. But other time, you just fly off the handle and literally come across like a manic/hormonal 15 year old in dire need of meds. This is a fan forum, not a fan club. It's a place for fans to not only cheer and praise, but to vent and be critical, as well. You don't love your country any less when you voice displeasure with the people running it. And criticizm of a player or GM should not be taken as though someone just said, "you're mamma wears combat boots."

Just from my dealings on here...the "we" to me was usually tp and micro......whenever i got into a debate/argument with TP, it always ended up with me arguing with micro....almost everytime....in fact one time, they were sposed to leave and go make a facebook page for the positive lions fans.

I just cant figure tp out.....sometimes we can post and everythings cool.....then the next post hes blowing a fuse and going off on my opinion.

Just sometimes it seems like some people act like they own the lion page and try and tell people what they can and cant say.....if the lions just win, they will shut up all the negative nancies.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered how long he could stay away. Now all they need is MikeD to show up and the whole gang of 'em will all be here...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love how my entire posting history gets whittled down to one vague generalization that happens to be the most convenient for your argument there Cleaves.

Exaggerate and generalize... same old shit...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP is my friend too. He is a glass half full guy no doubt about it. How is that bad? Anymore he seems to fly off of the handle early but is also seems he has to battle the masses anyrime/everytime there is a disagreement. My guess, the "we" and "us" is a reference to glass half full fans.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love how my entire posting history gets whittled down to one vague generalization that happens to be the most convenient for your argument there Cleaves.

Exaggerate and generalize... same old shit...

The same way you only read what you want in my posts.....i guess you didnt see where i said this...

"I have no problem with you TP, but you have to take other peoples opinions if you want them to respect yours. The lions are hardly blessed with talent at thomas position."

But yet you say im in some gang with mikeD....why because i agree with him sometimes?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered how long he could stay away. Now all they need is MikeD to show up and the whole gang of 'em will all be here...

Stay away? Because i dont post here 20 times a day? Some people just act like they are the CEO of the lions page. I posted last week on this same thread admitting i was wrong about something.

I just dont see where theres some rule that you cant have negative opinions about your favorite team.....it isnt like they are the tigers and in first place....but even fans of the tigers still complain about our weaknesses. On a football team, with that many players and positions, theres going to be weaknesses. Especially on a franchise like the lions.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP is my friend too. He is a glass half full guy no doubt about it. How is that bad? Anymore he seems to fly off of the handle early but is also seems he has to battle the masses anyrime/everytime there is a disagreement. My guess, the "we" and "us" is a reference to glass half full fans.

I have no problem with tp's opinions.....but he shouldnt get all worked out over other peoples opinions....we dont have to like everything lion related. We dont have to think every player is great, just because they are a lion. He should respect other peoples opinions if he wants to be respected.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anymore he seems to fly off of the handle early...
I've noticed the same thing.

I think the issue is that I've simply run out of patience for Muzzer's constant "dry sarcasm." He's worked hard to establish himself as the board smart ass, but it bothers me that he's now using that as a crutch to make negative jabs at our players. The fact that he's been doing it more and more over the last couple of weeks tells me he's been just itching for some drama, and I feel like a real schmuck for falling into his trap. The problem with guys like him is that they think (for whatever reason) they're far smarter then us "average guys", and me biting on his trolling only feeds his already inflated ego.

Basically I need to just go back to ignoring him. His childish crap just isn't worth the response, but apparently I have a very hard time not saying something to guys like him. What bothers me is that I see right through his bullshit and realize all he wants is to start drama, and yet I give him just that. I'll have to redouble my efforts to ignore him, I suppose. In the mean time he'll just have to find someone else to pick an e-fight with. Seems like there's always somebody who's at the limit of their patience with Muzzer, so it shouldn't be long till he's right back in the middle of something.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices that the distension gang comes out of the woodwork every time I get into it with any single one of them. I directed some pointed comments at Muzzer and Jayfan and Cleaves just show up and start talking shit. I picture their "Lions trash talk" indicators going off and them dropping what they were doing to run to the nearest computer to help their jaded brethren try to bring someone else down to their miserable level. :nod: I also really believe that their lives likely mirror their posting style, so those 5 or 6 on here who are always being down on the Lions have probably let that same attitude lead them into a less-than-ideal situation in life, thus perpetuating the jaded life cycle of a full-time dissenter. Remember, though, that it's always (ALWAYS!) someone else's fault...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same way you only read what you want in my posts.....i guess you didnt see where i said this...

"I have no problem with you TP, but you have to take other peoples opinions if you want them to respect yours. The lions are hardly blessed with talent at thomas position."

But yet you say im in some gang with mikeD....why because i agree with him sometimes?

I actually stopped reading any of it about two sentences in to your first post on this page. At that point it was clear that you were just making a vague generalization to try to discredit me as a poster, so there's no sense in me wasting my time reading your nonsense.

When you lead with "Because hes ALL positive for EVERY lion..." whatever else you have to say is already completely discredited because you obviously don't take the time to read what I write. You've made up your mind on how I am, and now you just skim my posts to find what suits your argument, and ignore all the rest. For what it's worth I'm not all positive for every Lion, but I do research every guy we bring in to try to figure out what he brings to the table. For whatever reason that bothers you dissenters. Idk if it's because your reading comprehension isn't good enough to pick out the finer details, or what, but whenever I post something positive about a player you guys go all crazy and start acting like I'm saying that he's the second coming of Christ or something. A lot of times I'll even preface it with "this guy is no better than a potential 3rd stringer" before I list his numbers and what he does well, but then in our next argument it's all "Well tpaul says so-and-so is going to be the next All Pro at his position" and shit like that. Fortunately the majority of the rest of the board read all off what I said about the player and realizes that you guys just skim for material and then exaggerate the crap out of it.

Also, this really stands out for me:
I have no problem with you TP, but you have to take other peoples opinions if you want them to respect yours.
What makes you think I want the respect of guys like you or Muzzer or MikeD? Guys who are always bitching and whining, but then can't handle their shit when someone like me gets sick of all the negative bullshit and calls them out on it. What have any of you done to make me want your respect? I could give two shits if those types respect me at all, poor assumption on your part. For me it's much more important to get respect from those who command respect. Guys like Gandy, Thruthefog, Dr. Evil-er, Bizzle (r.i.p.), Smitty, Micro, LP, Naughty Max, etc... those are the guys I care about getting respect from, because I respect them. They're guys who are more interested in talking Lions than starting drama.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay away? Because i dont post here 20 times a day? Some people just act like they are the CEO of the lions page. I posted last week on this same thread admitting i was wrong about something.

I just dont see where theres some rule that you cant have negative opinions about your favorite team.....it isnt like they are the tigers and in first place....but even fans of the tigers still complain about our weaknesses. On a football team, with that many players and positions, theres going to be weaknesses. Especially on a franchise like the lions.

With the Tigers not having Coke, Peralta, Avila, Papa, Iffy and Raburn I can't find much to complain about. It's a close to perfect as I've ever seen in Detroit. But if the Lions trade a third or fourth (can't trade a fifth) for a depth receiver, Ill make up for it. (I'm really dreading it. Much rather see a backup lineman dealt instead...)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with tp's opinions.....but he shouldnt get all worked out over other peoples opinions....we dont have to like everything lion related. We dont have to think every player is great, just because they are a lion. He should respect other peoples opinions if he wants to be respected.
And there's our problem with each other in a nutshell.

This is a public message board for Lions fans. Now I didn't bold 'fans' because I'm saying the negative people aren't, I bolded it because it just doesn't seem to be sinking in for a few of you that bashing Lions players just isn't going to go over well in here. I don't get why you all seem to have such a issue figuring that one out? It seems to be pretty straight forward common sense to me- if the majority of what you post on a Lions fan board is negative things about the Lions, of course it's going to start shit! How dense do you have to be not to see that?

If you so badly want your opinion respected, then do something worthy of being respected. This isn't fucking high school any more- in real life people don't have to respect your opinion just because it's your opinion. That's one area where our schools have been failing kids for about 20-25 years now; in the real world your feelings, opinions and self esteem don't mean shit, yet, for whatever reason, they spend 13 years of school protecting those things like they're gold and, in turn, set kids up for failure in the job market.

But I digress... bringing it back to topic, though- Just because you give your opinion on something doesn't mean we have to like it, respect it, or keep quiet on it. I've posted this next part at least a dozen times now, and none of you dissenters ever comment on it, perhaps because it completely wipes out your "but it's my opinion" bullshit arguments? Here goes again though: This is a public message board. If you don't like your opinion being scrutinized then don't post. It's just that simple. Just as you all have the right to post your opinion, I have the right to have an opinion about your opinion, and I have the right to post as much. That's called real life, and that's how grown-ups work. There's nobody to run to and say "tpaul is being mean, he hurt my feelings" anymore, real life isn't protected like you were trained to expect in school. Basically if your going to keep acting like a jerk there's no net to fall back onto; you're going to reap what you sew...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a football team, with that many players and positions, theres going to be weaknesses. Especially on a franchise like the lions.

And you wonder why you're lumped in with the dissenters? It's comments like that one that will keep you from earning the group's respect that you apparently crave. You're literally admitting that you have a negative bias towards the whole organization. No wonder you think everyone we pick up sucks. Hard not to with that kind of attitude...

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a public message board for Lions fans. Now I didn't bold 'fans' because I'm saying the negative people aren't, I bolded it because it just doesn't seem to be sinking in for a few of you that bashing Lions players just isn't going to go over well in here. I don't get why you all seem to have such a issue figuring that one out? It seems to be pretty straight forward common sense to me- if the majority of what you post on a Lions fan board is negative things about the Lions, of course it's going to start shit! How dense do you have to be not to see that?

I love how you talk about others, myself included, as being condescending, and you respond with posts like this people.

Basically if your going to keep acting like a jerk there's no net to fall back onto; you're going to reap what you sew...

Truer words have never been spoken on this board -- That is exactly why Smitty called you out. The best part is -- for a couple days, you were civil. Now you are back to the same self-righteous, immature clown with diarrhea of the mouth, who seems to think he knows more than anyone else on these boards (which I get a kick out of).

Get off the soap box TP -- you want to talk about reality and real life, yet here you are getting butt hurt any time someone post their opinion about the Lions. Don't group the whole board into your battle -- YOU are the only one who flies off the handle if someone posts something negative about the Lions. Others may disagree with someone's opinion, but YOU make it personal and start talking about other's intelligence and start in with the name calling. That is EXACTLY why Smitty called you out and you are doing the same thing all over again.

FYI -- when a team goes 4-12 -- you are going to get A LOT of negative talk about the team. Grow up already -- every time you respond to someone, I feel like I should drive to the U.P. to give you some kleenex to wipe away the tears.