• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye, bye Vinny

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the plan is for Weal. Would be fun just to plug him in the lineup and see what he does. If not the Phantoms could use. Worst case scenario he'll be another Jason Akeson.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go quite that far. Yes, Hextall is setting us up for a bright future, but nobody has mailed in this season. We're still going to dress a team that can make the playoffs in my opinion.

I hear you, but that's the same type of thinking that has led to the current Cup drought...this team needed to be stripped down and rebuilt. Hextall is doing that quite well so far, and I trust that his goal is a Cup and that he knows trying to squeak into the playoffs every year is counterproductive to that goal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the plan is for Weal. Would be fun just to plug him in the lineup and see what he does. If not the Phantoms could use. Worst case scenario he'll be another Jason Akeson.

Exactly my thoughts. I really hope they slot him in on the 3rd line for a while and see what happens. Would be kinda cool to see him and Gagner on a line in the NHL.. see what they could create.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Vinny and his crazy contract and only having to sweeten the pot with Schenn is genious!!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Vinny and his crazy contract and only having to sweeten the pot with Schenn is genious!!
And we a third round pick and a young guy!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my math is correct we'll have $7.08mil in cap space once Voracek and Couturier's extensions kick in and we let Medvedev and Gagner walk. (Also assuming Vinny does retire as promised)

That is $7.08 mil with Schenn, Weal, Gudas, Manning, Cousins, and Alt as notable RFAs and White and Raffl as notable UFAs. 9 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies signed. I am not sure in what direction the cap is going this summer, so I'll play it safe and assume it stays even.
I just looked it up and with the 15 guys signed that you mention, we are $10 mill below with another $2.25 if Vinny retires. This includes A Mac buried in the AHL. Hopefully the cap goes up. I would think we resign Gudas and B. Schenn.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked it up and with the 15 guys signed that you mention, we are $10 mill below with another $2.25 if Vinny retires. This includes A Mac buried in the AHL. Hopefully the cap goes up. I would think we resign Gudas and B. Schenn.

I wonder how B Schenn is taking the trade.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my aging mind is remembering correctly, he would need to clear waivers.
His issue with the Kings, i think, was size. He has a hard time on a checking line in the NHL and is not ready to be a top 6 guy, yet.

As far as Vinny I have decided to call him "the chair" because I think in a few games that is where we will find him in game days.
For Luke I don't have an opinion yet.
Both could be gone in July.

Congrats on the 3rd round pick and nothing but well wishes for Weal , except playing in LA

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but that's the same type of thinking that has led to the current Cup drought...this team needed to be stripped down and rebuilt. Hextall is doing that quite well so far, and I trust that his goal is a Cup and that he knows trying to squeak into the playoffs every year is counterproductive to that goal.
I don't think they have reason to tank but they shouldn’t be buyers this year either. Could easily make the playoffs...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take being hot late and getting into the playoffs over finishing 12th in the conference and being a mile out. I know the odds would be stacked against us on making a serious run, but anything is possible and every playoff game is invaluable experience for our younger players (and coach too). Getting another taste of the playoffs is going to fuel the fire for later.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade. Making room for the youngsters and getting us out of cap prison. I'll echo many on this thread. Most recently lasgop: This was Hextall genius in play!