• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bumgarner vs Syndergaard

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are, of course, exceptions to every idiom, but good pitching beats good hitting. But bad hitting beats bad pitching.

In the regular season, you face "bad pitching" more often than not. Not only are you facing non-playoffs teams most nights, but you are facing a non-top-4 SP AT LEAST 20% of the time. In the playoffs, you never face a non-top-4 SP, and you never face a non-playoff rotation.

That....that's some mind ninja shiite right there.

Mind...blown.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have zero knowledge at any sport unless it's womens basketball.

I've already schooled you in both mens and womens hoops. You wanna go at it in my MAIN sport?

Good luck.

Or try to tell me how the Wisconsin guy traveled out of bounds again...that was fun. And that was your main sport. And I whooped that ass then.

Now you're getting gangbanged by trying to say Bumgarner is a better pitcher than Kershaw.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already schooled you in both mens and womens hoops. You wanna go at it in my MAIN sport?

Good luck.

Or try to tell me how the Wisconsin guy traveled out of bounds again...that was fun. And that was your main sport. And I whooped that ass then.

Now you're getting gangbanged by trying to say Bumgarner is a better pitcher than Kershaw.

You must be on your period.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...

Who called him the best pitcher in the game? I read all the post commenting that he is the best BIG GAME pitcher in the game.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did call him the best pitcher in baseball .

Nope. Never did. Show me where I said that Madison Bumgarner is the "BEST" pitcher in baseball. You can't because I never stated that, ever.

What we were talking about, again if you care to read it without a knee jerk reaction, is that in games that matter, like a winner take all format and games of consequence, Bumgarner is the Best in the business "RIGHT NOW". That's what I said. And not one pitcher you've named even comes close. You jumped to conclusions and started calling me names. I gave you ERA, stats, etc., and you've provided zero to the contrary. None of those pitchers you named can even be mentioned in the same sentence with Koufax and Gibson, but Bumgarner can and I proved it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...

Who called him the best pitcher in the game? I read all the post commenting that he is the best BIG GAME pitcher in the game.

Douggie did.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Bumgarner is the best in the business right now, but the Giants have a solid rotation with Queto, Samardzija, and Moore, not to mention their bullpen.

What are you saying you didn't say again?

Cause this shows you says exactly what you said you didn't say.

Or are you gonna act like a child and ask about a period because you got your ass whooped...again.

So now that basketball and baseball are out, what sport are you going to focus on?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you saying you didn't say again?

Cause this shows you says exactly what you said you didn't say.

Or are you gonna act like a child and ask about a period because you got your ass whooped...again.

So now that basketball and baseball are out, what sport are you going to focus on?

Take your Midol and calm down. You are taking the statement out of context, again, as usual. I haven't had my ass whipped at all. I proved my point again and again. Only you have shown the inability to read. Look at it from a man's point of view for a change.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taking the comment out of context? There's very little context around it, it's a very vague statement.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not before my comment.

She doesn't read very well so she has to pick a comment out of context in the very discussion she wasn't a part of, to try and say I said something else. It's her Modus Operandi.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taking the comment out of context? There's very little context around it, it's a very vague statement.

At the time the discussion was about Bumgarner and his ability to show up big in the biggest games. That's when I stated he was the "Best in the business right now". It can't be any clearer. You surprise me navamind.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time the discussion was about Bumgarner and his ability to show up big in the biggest games. That's when I stated he was the "Best in the business right now". It can't be any clearer. You surprise me navamind.
That was how I read it. I never intended to take the stance that Bum is the best pitcher in the game.

Hell, taking "big game-ness" out of the equation, Bum may not even be the best pitcher on his own team.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your Midol and calm down. You are taking the statement out of context, again, as usual. I haven't had my ass whipped at all. I proved my point again and again. Only you have shown the inability to read. Look at it from a man's point of view for a change.

There you go again. that's your only trick.

Be wrong, go for the period.

Pick another sport. Neither baseball nor basketball are your thing. That much is for damn sure.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again. that's your only trick.

Be wrong, go for the period.

Pick another sport. Neither baseball nor basketball are your thing. That much is for damn sure.

Maybe once you start your period you'll be able to read and comprehend again. PMS usually clouds your decision making ability.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was how I read it. I never intended to take the stance that Bum is the best pitcher in the game.

Hell, taking "big game-ness" out of the equation, Bum may not even be the best pitcher on his own team.

:agree:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe once you start your period you'll be able to read and comprehend again. PMS usually clouds your decision making ability.

There you go, your move again....

I just gave you your words right back to you.

and for multiple pages you did not clarify.

You tried to defend it.

Only after realizing how ridiculous it was did you try and back peddle.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go, your move again....

I just gave you your words right back to you.

and for multiple pages you did not clarify.

You tried to defend it.

Only after realizing how ridiculous it was did you try and back peddle.
Guy's a fucking joke