• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bullpen woes continue

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is our pen doesn't hold leads nor can it close out games. Regardless of what the SIERA is, they are not getting the job done and we all know this. I am not saying the world is falling but I would not be surprised if we do not make the playoffs. We just don't have clutch hitting, we cannot stay healthy and we are suspect after Kershaw and Greinke.

I agree, the Giants haven't played well all year, yet they are still right with us. We need someone, actually a couple of guys to step up both offensively and in the bullpen! We need to start winning, and we need to start now! Mattingly needs to put our best players in the lineup regardless of this righty lefty matchup bullshit! Let Kershaw and Grienke go the distance, don't give the bullpen the chance to blow their games!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It irritates me that we haven't traded for a reliever during waiver claims. Maybe they have tried, but again, I am not interested in them trying, I am interested in them getting it done.

Like I have said, we have become comfortable with the idea of not holding this team accountable. We constantly blame injuries, bad luck, Ned Colletti, Frank McCourt and the curse of the Cardinals for our woes. The front office made some bad decision with not fully addressing the pen and now we are paying for it. I would not be surprised if we are behind the Giants by September. I am not saying the sky is falling but you have to be concerned for this team.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are worried about the bull pen. How about maybe these guys can get a hit or two. They can`t even get on base anymore. It`s embarrassing to watch.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm much more irritated with the lineup than the bullpen. Still another month to go before the playoffs.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team just sux. I am done with Hatcher. He throws batting practice to every hitter who comes up there. We simply have zero heart as well. We can't score, can't play small ball, can't pitch, can't hold leads and can't beat above-average teams. Our 300 million dollar payroll is laughable and we have little to nothing to show for it. I said that the bullpen was an issue in April and I was told I was wrong.

Bottom line is that I am glad that we have the best farm system but I doubt they all pan out. Our front office seems to think that our top 5 prospects will save this organization but in reality, I only see 1 or 2 actually making an impact. Instead, we keep trading for fringe players and hope they will push us over the top.

If you think this team is going in the right direction
If you think this team has the desire and heart to win
If you think this team has a front office with a clue
If you think this team has a manager who can get the job done
If you think this team's strategy of bringing in over the hill vets and out spending every other team will work
If you think this team will do anything of note in the playoffs

Then you are delusional! Sorry for the rant, but this is silly and embarrassing.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether one thinks the FO did enough last Winter or at the trade deadline, it seems to me that given the ineptitude of the BP that, unless the guys wake up or someone else comes on board who does, the Dodgers will be lucky to win the Division or make the Playoffs. I can't imagine this team right now has any chance of winning the WS this year.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs to form a line and apologize to Chris Hatcher.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs to form a line and apologize to Chris Hatcher.

I'm all for Hatcher sticking with the team, but 1 good game means diddly!