• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broxton traded to Brewers

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2 unnamed players...salary dump...he is owed $9m next year, the same figure Ludwick makes this year, except Mr. Longneck Ludwick also has an option for a ridiculous 2015 year, and a $3m buyout if the Reds sober up and cut bait on him.

Of course in order to trade a player, you have to find another team willing to take your guy, and Luddy doesn't qualify. Where else they gonna cut ? Couldn't get a taker for BP last winter...but I betcha lots of interest in Reds pitching...Cueto and Latos and Chapman...not so much on the next TJ victim, Mr. Bailey, or one pitch wonder Cingrani, or soft tosser Leake.

I suppose the question is, who's going to set up now ? I guess it doesn't matter if you plan on being down two runs in the 8th...which begs the question about limiting Chapman to pitching the 9th when they have a lead...

With a quarter Billion tied up in Votto, triple digit millions on Bailey, and double digit M's on BP and Bruce for the foreseeable future, the Reds are limited on where and who they can cut salary on. Hope they're saving for a Cueto, Latos, Mesoraco, Frazier, Hamilton contract, instead of offering Hoover a 2 year deal and buying 2 more years of Ludwick, or the next Ludwick free agent signing.

Depressing.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only thought is that it's a cheap shot by the Reds to give Milwaukee the hammer it needs ... so the Parrots and Birdies can whine about something new. Losing Broxton is, I think, the first step toward a purging of an inert roster.

I think except for Chapman and maybe one other guy (Diaz, maybe) ... the whole of that bullpen is going to be gone next year.

Of the roster, I can see the team keeping only:
Votto, Bruce, Frazier, Hamilton, Mesoraco, Cozart. Phillips might not go anywhere but he's losing his job, just like Ricky Weeks did in Milwaukee.

I think everything else is up for grabs.

Pitchers: Cueto, Leake, Bailey ... I think Latos may be part of a deal. How about Latos and Chapman to Miami for Stanton? Nah ... oh, well ... it's that weird thought.

Setup now is probably Jumbo Diaz. Not that it matters. Anybody can give up a run and let the team lose 2-1.

Pitching only looks bad when the rest of the team sucks.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe that setup roll next year will going to Simon, but who knows they may try to keep him in the rotation, especially if they don't sign Latos and Bailey

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good acquisition for the Brewers.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Dunn traded to the A's

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it is shaking out, looks like the Birds are going to catch the Broo-Hoos.
In a way, I don't mind, since some of their fans are unpunished pricks anyhow. They can't get any worse.

What is soothing, if I can find anything, is that the Parrots will probably not make it. I don't think I could deal with the doodle-breath bunch that knuckle-drags over there.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few teams I dislike more than the Cardinals, admittedly because they usually find a way to win and rub people's nose in it. I don't have confidence in the Brewers, because I don't believe hitting can win many post season games if it has to overcome it's own defense and pitching to do so.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the end of the week, the Brewskis will be in 3rd place.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more concerned with the Cubs crawling over the Reds.

I'm not impressed with our call up pitching, so better be careful ditching Latos and Cueto. Our offense is a myth without Votto.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you just remove Votto, you still end up with an offense that has no conceptual beginning and never did. This is the same shit that Jacoby left behind. The difference is, Price brought in somebody who has absolutely no ability to fix it.
Toss in the totally absurd coaching at 3rd base, and ... say, does anyone remember the last time an opposing pitcher had a bad inning against the Reds? The freak HR by Bruce the other night excepted.
There is pitching in the system, and probably enough.
This coaching staff was a scam job, however.
And the best lefty in baseball isn't even getting into the games -- again. Which was why we got rid of Dusty Baker.