• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronx bombers visit Rangers 05/21-05/23

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going all the way back to 2014, then maybe you have a point, but that's a stretch to think that would've ever happened at that time

Anyone saying we missed the boat and should've traded him last year is dead wrong though, he wouldn't be anymore valuable last year over this year, he's still injury prone and has been most of his time here, he's just older now
He is older and has one year less control. That always makes some difference.

2014 would have been ideal. I do wish they would have done it then.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wes Benjamin.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who we trade any of our guys too even if it is in our division or to the hated Yankees or Cardinals.

You’re wrong on this one.

We can’t help the Astros in any way, shape, or form. I’d argue that their success delays our rebuilding process. Winning 2 in a row would make them a hot destination for players who are good and would sign “ on the cheap” just to get a title.

Helping them win it all ( again) could arguably extend their window, which is what we don’t want.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is older and has one year less control. That always makes some difference.

2014 would have been ideal. I do wish they would have done it then.

Age doesn't matter if he's just as injured both seasons, extra year of control might actually have worked against us bc thats an extra year of paying an injury prone guy, IMO

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can’t help the Astros in any way, shape, or form. I’d argue that their success delays our rebuilding process. Winning 2 in a row would make them a hot destination for players who are good and would sign “ on the cheap” just to get a title.

Helping them win it all ( again) could arguably extend their window, which is what we don’t want.
Get your butt to the park and get us a win. We're counting on you. Don't let us down.:clap::yes:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't agree at all with that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you?
You have never heard me mention getting a top return for a player just because I don't want him. I just don't let my emotions cloud common sense when it comes to the subject of making trades like you do.

I challenge you to name one highly regarded prospect that I have said we should obtain for a specific player of ours. You cannot do that because what you intimated is simply not true. Does the truth not mean anything to you? I haven't come close to doing that sort of thing. If you think I have that kind of return in mind without coming out and saying then you are once again assuming way too much.

What I was referring to was the fans who think we should package Moore, Robinson, Alberto, and Barnette and bring in a quality rotation oiece. There are some fans who feel that way at times.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age doesn't matter if he's just as injured both seasons, extra year of control might actually have worked against us bc thats an extra year of paying an injury prone guy, IMO
So, was the last extension that we signed him to.a mistake in your viewpoint?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels can veto a trade to the Yankees I believe. That doesn't preclude them in any desl, but it does complicate things.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Board question:

1.what trades can we realistically expect come ASB time and beyond.
2. Which trades will be difficult to make?
3. Which guys do we DFA/release due to no market etc?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Board question:

1.Hamels
2.Beltre Choo
3.Moore Tocci Rua

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting a headache.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Board question:

1. Hamels, Beltre, Colon, Kela, Minor as a reliever, Diekman, Kela (by deadline)
Profar at end if season. Also one of our younger guys with multiple years of control like DeShields at some point between the end of 2018 and the end if 2019.

2. Choo, Odor, Fister.

3. Moore unless JD trades 2 starting pitchers. That would probably mean we keep him all year or at least most if it.

I expect maybe 3 trades in July. I have no expectation as to what JD will be able to get back in return. I hope he gets a better return for Hamels than he did Darvish, but I don't know what to expect.

If Choo and Beltre are both here in August I think odds are we see at least one of them here next April, and maybe both of them.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you guys seen Juan Marichal pitch. I have many times and always a pleasure.