• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronx bombers visit Rangers 05/21-05/23

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm Hitzges just went through the scenarios re: trading Beltre, and he, like me, doesn't see much, if any landing spots for him, regardless of price.
That reminds us of how much of a mistake it was to not trade him earlier. It is smart to trade a guy a little too early instead of too late.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will even make that a one time exception if he can get a ring.
I don't care who we trade any of our guys too even if it is in our division or to the hated Yankees or Cardinals.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice if Hamels is lights out in NY game building NY's interest.

Hamels does make sense for the Yanks. Free agent after this year if they don't pick up the team option. Has played in plenty of big games and his numbers so far this year aren't bad. I'm not sure how much the Yanks would give up for him but they certainly have tons of prospects and young MLB ready players. It might make sense for the Rangers to hold off on the trade to a little closer to the deadline and see if the contending teams start a bidding war.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we've got a broken down 3rd baseman who is damn near untradable now. AB has played in 123 games outta of our last 209. And probably another 30 of the games he played in he was hampered due to lingering issues.

I love having him on the team and all. He's a true warrior leader. But he can't help us and we should be in full rebuild mold now IMO.

The issue is though, Beltre was broken down in 2017, so there really wasn't going to be much of a return then. And they weren't going to trade him mid- or post-2016, because the team was still a contender.

I guess what I'm saying is, the last time Beltre was "tradable" was when that was the last thing the Rangers needed to do. Therefore, I can't fault JD/ownership for hanging on to him.

Plus, I got to see his 3,000th hit.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is though, Beltre was broken down in 2017, so there really wasn't going to be much of a return then. And they weren't going to trade him mid- or post-2016, because the team was still a contender.

I guess what I'm saying is, the last time Beltre was "tradable" was when that was the last thing the Rangers needed to do. Therefore, I can't fault JD/ownership for hanging on to him.

Plus, I got to see his 3,000th hit.

Guess we could have traded him the day after the extension. Monday morning GMs. SMH

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to keep in mind when it comes to what the media members like Norm and Evan have to say about possible trades is that they always tend to lean towards the Rangers not being able to do much. For one thing they must feel that they have to offset what some fans have to say when those fans think we should always be able to make one-sided trades in our favor. Some fans always think we can trade anything we don't want for a top return. The media also tend to discount the possibilities because they do not want to appear to be homers to their peers. They bend over backwards to do that. It apparently is really frowned upon in the industry.

Then there is the whole thing where they don't want to appear to be antagonistic toward the Rangers front office. If they say the Rangers should be able to do this and that and then the Rangers fail at doing that the next logical thing would be to criticize management for not doing those things. Some fans don't like to predict any moves for the same reason. They don't want to be seen to be at odds with something management has done or not done at some point.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to keep in mind when it comes to what the media members like Norm and Evan have to say about possible trades is that they always tend to lean towards the Rangers not being able to do much. For one thing they must feel that they have to offset what some fans have to say when those fans think we should always be able to make one-sided trades in our favor. Some fans always think we can trade anything we don't want for a top return. The media also tend to discount the possibilities because they do not want to appear to be homers to their peers. They bend over backwards to do that. It apparently is really frowned upon in the industry.

Then there is the whole thing where they don't want to appear to be antagonistic toward the Rangers front office. If they say the Rangers should be able to do this and that and then the Rangers fail at doing that the next logical thing would be to criticize management for not doing those things. Some fans don't like to predict any moves for the same reason. They don't want to be seen to be at odds with something management has done or not done at some point.

Not sure I care what media thinks. But thinking we missed the trade window on Beltre to me has little merit ......Sorry

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also been a glut of 3rd baseman for a bit.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we could have traded him the day after the extension. Monday morning GMs. SMH
He should have been traded in 2014 at the deadline, or at the very latest last year at the deadline when he was both healthy and very productive. Any time in between would have been fine too, but the 2014 deadline was when they really messed up..

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I care what media thinks. But thinking we missed the trade window on Beltre to me has little merit ......Sorry
We absolutely missed it and it has set our rebuilding plan back considerably. The lack of realizing a rebuilding plan was needed is the main crime though. That resulted in Beltre not being traded for a major return and also cost us in the Hamels and Lucroy trades.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they are in the NL so he would have to play the field but the Diamondbacks could sure use him. They lost their top bat in Pollock for a couple of months and 3B is nothing to write home about for this team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another possibility to replace a traded starting pitcher.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this logic we should have traded Darvish sooner and never picked up Hamels. I wanted to keep Brinson and still do despite his major current struggles. But we don’t look like idiots.

Might be time to give all this CRITICAL second guessing a rest. The horse has been beat to death

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have been traded in 2014 at the deadline, or at the very latest last year at the deadline when he was both healthy and very productive. Any time in between would have been fine too, but the 2014 deadline was when they really messed up..

If you're going all the way back to 2014, then maybe you have a point, but that's a stretch to think that would've ever happened at that time

Anyone saying we missed the boat and should've traded him last year is dead wrong though, he wouldn't be anymore valuable last year over this year, he's still injury prone and has been most of his time here, he's just older now

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this logic we should have traded Darvish sooner and never picked up Hamels. I wanted to keep Brinson and still do despite his major current struggles. But we don’t look like idiots.

Might be time to give all this CRITICAL second guessing a rest. The horse has been beat to death
You can survive the "second guessing" if I can survive those decisions by the front office.

The horse analogy has been beat to death itself. The second guessing/hindsight accusations have been beat to death and without reason.

Trading Darvish earlier would have probably worked out better.

There is a big difference between looking like idiots and not making good baseball decisions.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going all the way back to 2014, then maybe you have a point, but that's a stretch to think that would've ever happened at that time

Anyone saying we missed the boat and should've traded him last year is dead wrong though, he wouldn't be anymore valuable last year over this year, he's still injury prone and has been most of his time here, he's just older now
Correct