• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breakout player?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that this is college football, every year teams are going to have a number of young guys who will step up and make a difference for their team. I would say last year's obvious winner of this would be Myles Gaskin, I don't think any of us expected that Gaskin would come in and put together the best true freshman season of arguably any UW offensive player in the last decade.

I would say most of us expect/hope that we see UW's breakout player at WR. Last year the Huskies struggled at WR and would really love to see a guy like John Ross step up.

My pick for breakout player though has to be Chico McClatcher. He's still very raw, and I'm not sure where the Huskies have been playing him but I could see him as a Percy Harvin type guy for this offense. I'd like to see the offense work on getting the ball in his hands because as we've seen in limited playtime with him, he can be extremely explosive.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure we need several kids to step up at WR and probably a serious step up at TE as well or that offense isn't going to carry the team to any real hope of a North title. McClatcher growing into a breakout threat would be nice and a great compliment to Ross, but I'd really love to see Lenius be that break out guy. At 6'5" 220lbs he would be that Reggie Williams style receiver if he can get it all put together. Just get the ball near him and let him go get it over most corners. Love those home run plays with the lil guys, but you really NEED that 3rd down possession receiver.

Kind of obvious to say Browning as well. He was showing flashes last year late in the season against mostly poorer defenses, but has he really 'broken' out? If he emerges to anything close to what his potential is the rest of the teams in the North are in for a very long year.

While the offense may have the most needs for a breakout star, I'll be just as focused on replacing the rush threat of our two departed LB's. Finding two players to compliment Victor will be huge in that defense either sustaining, or hopefully improving on last years production. Mathis is almost a lock at the Buck LB and is experienced at pass rushing, but can he drop back into coverage and be as versatile as he will need to be in that role? Wooching, Bartlett, or one of the RS frosh coming in need to take hold of the other side and give us that killer LB corp they will need to deal with Oregon's running game, WSU's short passing game, etc.

Hard to pick just one guy you want to see breakout. I'd pick Browning if someone had a gun to my head.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might throw Trey Adams in the mix as well. Having a total stud LT would go a long way to reaching those goals. Can't keep having Browning run for his life and taking so many sacks. You need people to throw to, but without a solid LT you aren't getting as many passes off.