• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Ray McDonald Arrested again...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is rarely original.

Spoken like a black and white thinker. Sometimes the truth is very hard to find and extremely original.

I agree beating a woman is a horrible thing to do. What do you want me to say? When people spout cliche's and act like they're saying something profound it just irks me. I don't think it makes him inhuman, or not a man either. I don't know the guy.

I find it strange that ALLEGEDLY hitting a woman somehow means that the guy should be tossed into a fucking gutter and never given another chance in society. While Micheal Vick tortures dogs (even more defenseless creatures), and everyone is willing to forgive and forget... For the most part. Athlete's… along with members of society in general, have committed violent crimes and being given a chance to right their own path and done so successfully.

Unrelated now… But not to mention, (pertaining to those insinuating the Bears should be punished)… McDonald has never been convicted of anything. I don't care what line of work you're in. If you're a construction worker, and you have domestic violence charges dropped against you… your record is clean… you get another job.

Even if he was convicted, the Bears tried to give a guy a second chance. It didn't work… so he was fired from his job. End of story. What am I missing?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Spoken like a black and white thinker. Sometimes the truth is very hard to find and extremely original.

I agree beating a woman is a horrible thing to do. What do you want me to say? When people spout cliche's and act like they're saying something profound it just irks me. I don't think it makes him inhuman, or not a man either. I don't know the guy.

I find it strange that ALLEGEDLY hitting a woman somehow means that the guy should be tossed into a fucking gutter and never given another chance in society. While Micheal Vick tortures dogs (even more defenseless creatures), and everyone is willing to forgive and forget... For the most part. Athlete's… along with members of society in general, have committed violent crimes and being given a chance to right their own path and done so successfully.

Unrelated now… But not to mention, (pertaining to those insinuating the Bears should be punished)… McDonald has never been convicted of anything. I don't care what line of work you're in. If you're a construction worker, and you have domestic violence charges dropped against you… your record is clean… you get another job.

Even if he was convicted, the Bears tried to give a guy a second chance. It didn't work… so he was fired from his job. End of story. What am I missing?

I like this comment a lot. Right on the money. I'll just say this...I don't think it is right, but like it or not the NFL has perpetuated a culture of presuming guilt before guilt has been established. It is corrosive, sure. I think it is harmful. But that's just they way the league swings. I'm not defending this..in fact, there's a lot wrong with it. But the league has clearly decided to err on the side of caution,

McDonald clearly - at the very minimum - hung out with a woman he should not have been hanging around with. Maybe he hit her, maybe he didn't and she's just extorting him. I don't know. I have no opinion of the guy whatsoever. But he definitely exercised poor judgment in who he hung around with. That much, I'm pretty sure of.

The NFL has a clearly established standard of "don't even imagine you can try to make us look bad." Ignore this idiot commissioner we now have for a second, and there's no doubt. To make the millions the NFL offers, that's an implied part ofht deal. McDonald - his fault or not - broke that pledge, at the bare minimum by who he hung out with.

The league does have clearly established rules for teams that hire too many guys that get suspended. To me, that means the league needs to be consistent, and apply the fines called for. Not less, not more. Whether that punishment belongs or not is a legitimate debate. But unlike Deflategate, where the league clearly changed the practice midstream....it would be nice if they showed a tiny amount of consistency to precedent and don't go overboard. I'm not hopeful, but in theory that is what they should do.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, he hasn't been convicted of anything, but he keeps putting himself in these situations. Even if he hasn't been convicted of anything, it doesn't mean he hasn't done anything. It just means it couldn't be proven. In all honesty, the guy should never have been signed. I have no sympathy for the guy. I don't quite understand what you are disagreeing with me on right now.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHOA!! He was just arrested AGAIN!! At 3:55 PM TODAY for VIOLATING the Restraining order! WTF!! Glad they bounced him when they did.

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah well, the details of his "restraining order violation" are more than a little fucked up.. All the more reason sports writers and sports fans should not involve themselves in criminal matters. Though I guess saying so is a little too "due process" for you, eh, leo?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah well, the details of his "restraining order violation" are more than a little fucked up.. All the more reason sports writers and sports fans should not involve themselves in criminal matters. Though I guess saying so is a little too "due process" for you, eh, leo?

What are the details? I've heard of some cases where those were total BS and borderline entrapment.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is the good guy in all of this. Right Cali?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KYLE LONG DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HIM! McDonald was a Bear for one month of an OFF-SEASON.

You absolute, blithering and hopeless dope. My god...
You don't know him either dickface but you are giving your opinions. Kyle Long said it best.GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE. blithering hopeless dope? My God man grow the fuck.up would you!

C

cubzzzfanincali

What are the details? I've heard of some cases where those were total BS and borderline entrapment.

The second arrest was for violating a restraining order....that he had not been served with. If you haven't been served with a restraining order, you cannot be arrested for it under California law. Well, I guess you can if you have overzealous cops, but it is a wrongful arrest and I have little doubt his lawyer will have it thrown out. I know this because I had to get a restraining order once on an ex-girlfriend. You HAVE to serve them with the order for it to take effect.

What is also interesting about this is the details of what actually occurred. McDonald's "violation" was basically that he showed up to the house where the incident he was originally arrested for occurred with his private investigator. McDonald did not even enter the house, he was there to unlock the door to let the investigator in. The woman was not present. The reason the investigator went there was to document the condition of the door McDonald supposedly broke (according to the accuser's 911 call) into during the original incident. Which is interesting, obviously...presumably his attorney is either going to make the case that there was either no damage to the door, or that the woman was the one who broke the door. Why else send an investigator?

And leo, "Of course he is the good guy in all of this. Right Cali?" I have absolutely no idea one way or the other. He is possibly a flaming asshole, or he is getting screwed over royally. Based on what stories I have heard through local media, I have no way of knowing either way. However, unlike you, I'm not going to jump on any detail-free headline like a horny teenager and make a conclusion about a guy I know nothing about. This is a common problem in our society. Leo, who typified it here, is hardly the only one, but this tendency to instantly join a posse to lynch someone before even having the most elementary facts in hand is appalling. Just terrible. I'm actually more bothered by that than I am the idea that this dude could be a scumbag wifebeater. Presuming guilt on people destroys lives just as unfairly and just as vividly as beating them up does. Maybe at some point some video or evidence comes out that proves something, like Ray Rice, but absent that, according to what should my outrage be based upon? Some juvenile ESPN writing?

Look, I totally get it that the NFL and the Bears cannot do business with a guy in this situation. It's an entertainment business, and if your patrons get upset because you have players that might be violent felons or a commissioner who is a bumbling, patent liar, that's bad for business, and you have to do what you have to do. It is a privilege to play in a game and make millions of dollars, not an entitlement, and the players need to understand that simply behaving well isn't good enough. They have to avoid even the perception of misbehavior. Too many of them, clearly including McDonald, don't pick their associations and their activities with enough caution. He can't expect due process from the league and I doubt he ever plays the game again. But he should be able to expect at least due process from the courts.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know him either dickface but you are giving your opinions. Kyle Long said it best.GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE. blithering hopeless dope? My God man grow the fuck.up would you!

Yes, "good riddance" is right to anyone arrested twice for domestic violence. What is your point?

No, I don't know Ray McDonald either. THAT is my point! My lord. You said Kyle Long does not like Ray McDonald as teammate. THEY NEVER ONCE PLAYED TOGETHER.

Me grow up? You called me dick face. lol

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second arrest was for violating a restraining order....that he had not been served with. If you haven't been served with a restraining order, you cannot be arrested for it under California law. Well, I guess you can if you have overzealous cops, but it is a wrongful arrest and I have little doubt his lawyer will have it thrown out. I know this because I had to get a restraining order once on an ex-girlfriend. You HAVE to serve them with the order for it to take effect.

What is also interesting about this is the details of what actually occurred. McDonald's "violation" was basically that he showed up to the house where the incident he was originally arrested for occurred with his private investigator. McDonald did not even enter the house, he was there to unlock the door to let the investigator in. The woman was not present. The reason the investigator went there was to document the condition of the door McDonald supposedly broke (according to the accuser's 911 call) into during the original incident. Which is interesting, obviously...presumably his attorney is either going to make the case that there was either no damage to the door, or that the woman was the one who broke the door. Why else send an investigator?

And leo, "Of course he is the good guy in all of this. Right Cali?" I have absolutely no idea one way or the other. He is possibly a flaming asshole, or he is getting screwed over royally. Based on what stories I have heard through local media, I have no way of knowing either way. However, unlike you, I'm not going to jump on any detail-free headline like a horny teenager and make a conclusion about a guy I know nothing about. This is a common problem in our society. Leo, who typified it here, is hardly the only one, but this tendency to instantly join a posse to lynch someone before even having the most elementary facts in hand is appalling. Just terrible. I'm actually more bothered by that than I am the idea that this dude could be a scumbag wifebeater. Presuming guilt on people destroys lives just as unfairly and just as vividly as beating them up does. Maybe at some point some video or evidence comes out that proves something, like Ray Rice, but absent that, according to what should my outrage be based upon? Some juvenile ESPN writing?

Look, I totally get it that the NFL and the Bears cannot do business with a guy in this situation. It's an entertainment business, and if your patrons get upset because you have players that might be violent felons or a commissioner who is a bumbling, patent liar, that's bad for business, and you have to do what you have to do. It is a privilege to play in a game and make millions of dollars, not an entitlement, and the players need to understand that simply behaving well isn't good enough. They have to avoid even the perception of misbehavior. Too many of them, clearly including McDonald, don't pick their associations and their activities with enough caution. He can't expect due process from the league and I doubt he ever plays the game again. But he should be able to expect at least due process from the courts.
You make some good points, but the fact remains that this guy can't avoid run ins with the law. After being arrested for r*pe, he should learn to not put himself into situations like that. From the story he gives and the story the alleged victim of the raping gives it sounds like he banged a woman who was blacked out while he was drunk. I am sure this happens a lot, but you have to learn about the repercussions of your actions after this, especially when you have the type of money he does. He didn't. Then he gets arrested multiple times for domestic assault on several different occasions. After the first or second time he should've learned to just settle down. If it's the women he's hanging out with, then cut the dead weight. I don't claim to know all of the facts in these cases, but when it keeps happening then you have to assume that it will keep happening and even though McDonald may not be guilty of everything he is charged with, he is most likely guilty of some of it. I agree partially with people rushing to judgements on a person they don't know, but if it keeps happening at the frequency that it has with McDonald, then something is definitely wrong. And I say this understanding the fact that McDonald will probably be acquitted of these charges as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make some good points, but the fact remains that this guy can't avoid run ins with the law. After being arrested for r*pe, he should learn to not put himself into situations like that. From the story he gives and the story the alleged victim of the raping gives it sounds like he banged a woman who was blacked out while he was drunk. I am sure this happens a lot, but you have to learn about the repercussions of your actions after this, especially when you have the type of money he does. He didn't. Then he gets arrested multiple times for domestic assault on several different occasions. After the first or second time he should've learned to just settle down. If it's the women he's hanging out with, then cut the dead weight. I don't claim to know all of the facts in these cases, but when it keeps happening then you have to assume that it will keep happening and even though McDonald may not be guilty of everything he is charged with, he is most likely guilty of some of it. I agree partially with people rushing to judgements on a person they don't know, but if it keeps happening at the frequency that it has with McDonald, then something is definitely wrong. And I say this understanding the fact that McDonald will probably be acquitted of these charges as well.
The fact he keeps putting himself in these situations says it all. fk him he is stupid.