• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking Bad

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first season is actually the weakest of the series

I thought it was just right in the context of the entire series. It laid the groundwork for what was to come. But I can understand why someone new to the show might consider the 1st season boring and give up on it after a couple of episodes.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've finally caught on. Just finished season 3 last night. Start season four tonight. Love this show. Fucking awesome.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW< this show....WOW....one of the best shows of all time IMO. Absolutely amazing.

I think Mad Men is better.

I actually quit watching BB the episode right before "better call saul" episode. I think I took well over 1 year break, and then I happened wanted to check out 4k, and BB was one of the few shows that had it, so I watched the "better call saul" episode, and that really really helped the show and brought it down to earth like it needed.

Finished up the entire show and watched the 1st season of better call saul after that.

But Mad Men and Hell on Wheels I like better.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually quit watching BB the episode right before "better call saul" episode. I think I took well over 1 year break, and then I happened wanted to check out 4k, and BB was one of the few shows that had it, so I watched the "better call saul" episode, and that really really helped the show and brought it down to earth like it needed.

Finished up the entire show and watched the 1st season of better call saul after that.

I watched 10 minutes of Mad Men once and just wanted to smoke cigarettes the entire time.

Id have to put a TV outside to watch that series.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched 10 minutes of Mad Men once and just wanted to smoke cigarettes the entire time.

Id have to put a TV outside to watch that series.
giphy.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best scene from Mad Men, and maybe one of my favorite scenes ever. Shit is funny yo.

giphy.gif

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO Breaking Bad is one of the few shows where it gets better and better as the show gets toward the end. You don't see too many shows where the last season is the best one.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked them both a lot. Breaking Bad was much, much more intense. From like Season 3 on it was great up to the end.

Mad Men was slower and extremely well done but it was a real historical piece. You had to understand the times to really enjoy it.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw BB for the first time and binge watched it for the last 5 days. Fuck was it good. I think its the greatest series ever created. The writing, the characters, the development, everything was believable and made sense. The story all tied together and the foreshadowing, sometimes 3 episodes ahead at the beginning of every episode was pretty damn creative. There was nothing unsatisfying about this series. An incredibly dark series.

"IF HE DIES, HE DIES"

Everyone who i wanted to die died. I so happy Hank died. I wanted Marie to die, that chatty complaining ****. I was hoping that Skyler would die in that pool. I really wanted Jesse to die. I always knew Walt would die. I loved how Gus died. Also love how El Don died. That was boss. A little surprised Mike died. Glad that fat fuck Combo died. Was pretty boss how he got that hit on those 10 guys from jail. Oh god i was so glad that uptight **** died.

"SPEAK TO ME!!!"

On the other front. I was really upset Jane died. Thought that should have gone on longer. Damn was she a different person on drugs altogether. Sad how Andrea died. That sharp kid was surprising. Dumbass todd.

"WHY WONT YOU DIE!!!"

I cant stress enough how much i wanted Jesse to die. What a bumbling idiot, complaining whiner. Always crying, always yelling, always talking shit. Always complaining. Complete fucking teenager in a little mans body. He was partially responsible for Jane's death. And i'm pretty sure he blabbed about Andrea and got her killed. He was all high and mighty about kids and it was fucking disgusting considering,how much of a useless junkie he was before he met Walt. Hell, even the poisoning of Brock was only done to lure Gus to the hospital to kill him. Walt said there was a reason, though it was unsaid. He also never followed any directions and complained always. He never Killed Gus. He always had balls to die at the wrong times, but when it came to Gus, what a fucking bitch.

"1000 ways to die"

I dunno about you but when they finally got Gus that was satisfying. As well written as this series was, my mind figured it all out before it happened. I knew it was the bell. I was proud of myself. I was disappointed Hank didnt die in a hail of gunfire. But was happy he was buried in a shallow grave.

"Whose side are you on?"

I was on Walts side the entire time. Yet i could see his madness at around season 3. He was under so much stress and didn't stop to think about the real effects of his family. The greed all around was crazy. Everybody wanted more.

"Weirdest episode"

The fly episode. I think this is where his madness was going into full effect. Though it was boring a bit.

"Favorite Character"

Saul. Was hilarious always. A weasel but in the best way. Huell a close second.

side notes:

Skyler got progressively uglier as the series went on, and fatter. The only time the series didn't really make sense and the only hole i found in the entire story was when Hank was at the junkyard and followed Jesse to the RV. Right before, when Walt got there, he parked right next to the RV. When he got trapped inside when Hank pulled up. It was no longer there.

moral of the story everybody dies and drugs and greed are bad mmmkay

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll love Better Call Saul.
I just started the first episode. Little slow so far, a little weird to see the other side of him. But imma stick to it. Also i hope Saul dies as well.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started the first episode. Little slow so far, a little weird to see the other side of him. But imma stick to it. Also i hope Saul dies as well.

I actually think it's better than BB.

Definitely stick with it.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it's better than BB.

Definitely stick with it.
He seems like a shitty lawyer in the first episode, im guessing he gets better and eventually does some stupid shit and has to skip town again.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like a shitty lawyer in the first episode, im guessing he gets better and eventually does some stupid shit and has to skip town again.

It's just well done. Character development is great....it's a fun prequel. You'll dig it.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this entire thread

@beardown07 ”cracked out on a series” lmao I watched from like 8pm to 5am today cause I was on the last season and couldn’t stop

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw first season of episodes a few years back but started binge watching several days ago on Netflix. Great show, I have found myself laughing half the time at Walt’s unsuitability of this life. This is how I think it would go for me if I ever tried to dabble in the underworld.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw first season of episodes a few years back but started binge watching several days ago on Netflix. Great show, I have found myself laughing half the time at Walt’s unsuitability of this life. This is how I think it would go for me if I ever tried to dabble in the underworld.
Im glad you started watching it, im ashamed it took me so long. But fucking wow, i want to rewatch it im just not ready, i want it to fade from my mind until i do.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Saul ends, if someone hasn't watched Saul or Breaking Bad, than you would have to watch Saul first for the timeline.