• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Quinn and Austin Davis signed

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not been able to confirm 100%, but reports are showing Quinn and Davis were the choices. I am ok with this... I would even be ok with Quinn starting after a week or 2...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I will take those 2.

I would say it could be worse, but not really by much. haha

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tankapolooza 2013!!!

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Brady Quinn. We all know who our last best back up QB was.... Marc Bulger and before him, Kurt Warner... Dang, what the heck happened to our back up QB selections over the years?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for Quinn, hope he can make some kind of impact.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, just as I predicted especially on Quinn. Davis was the sentimental favorite. Davis will go to the practice squad. That means somebody got bumped. Sammie goes to IR and Quinn takes his place. I'll give Quinn two games and he'll be the starter after the bye week. Not bad.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Quinn and Kellen Clemens have shown nothing in their NFL career and both are about 30 years old. The Rams might as well give Austin Davis a shot to see what he can do.

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams Will Probably Screw This Up

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Rams went on a winning streak but just miss the playoffs which would drop us further down in the draft where the players that we could really use are not there? LOL

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see Ramtim. I think Quinn is going to have a a renewed career and I am guessing will take the starting position away from Clemons by the bye week.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this snippet from an article on FoxSports about the difference between what is available and what the Rams chose very interesting. Perhaps the Rams FO and coaches and maybe even Fisher are corporately stuck on how they evaluate players. Check this out:

Two unispiring choices, writes NFL.com's Chris Wesseling: ' The Rams could have taken a chance on Vince Young or Tim Tebow, each of whom has proven capable of winning games at the NFL level. It's hard to blame coach Jeff Fisher for ruling out a return bout with Young's soap opera. Tebow was discussed internally, but was ostensibly shot down as a legitimate candidate because no NFL team is willing to welcome the circus to town. St. Louis fans will instead be subjected to Quinn, quickly becoming the patron saint of lost seasons. He and Clemens have combined for an 8-24 (25 percent) career record compared with 39-25 (60.9 percent) for Young and Tebow. '

They appear to focus on intangibles and not necessarily on proven statistics. WE all know Fisher disdains Vince Young and Young is probably past any further accomplishments that reflect what he has done but the Tebow diss is rather gossameric because he has a very high percentage of winning games compared to Davis and Quinn. But again, we can hash and re-hash the merits of Tebow which is already been done on other threads by SJ76, FastForward, and Dk7000.

The bottom line and the point of this post is Fisher believes he can take any player and get production out of him when he LIKES a guy and he chooses the guys he wants to work with based on that bottom line. Once he likes a guy, he sticks with him. Examples are Janoris Jenkins, Brian Quick, Pead, Trumaine Johnson, Jo-Lunn Dunbar, Sam Bradford, Rodney McLeod, etc. In other words, we are at the mercy of Fisher's selections because they appear to be based on who Fisher likes-or so it seems.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, just as I predicted especially on Quinn. Davis was the sentimental favorite. Davis will go to the practice squad. That means somebody got bumped.

retro... Davis is on the active roster. Brandon Washington was cut.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, KSUDodgers I saw that and I guess Quinn is going to be the new project for Fisher and company. They were considering signing Quinn before he left Cleveland (or was it the Jets) for the Chiefs. At any rate, we are going with Clemons and Davis is the back-up with Quinn on deck. Washington was a decent player. He'll hang around I am sure when another injury occurs and then he'll be back.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, just as I predicted especially on Quinn. Davis was the sentimental favorite. Davis will go to the practice squad. That means somebody got bumped.

retro... Davis is on the active roster. Brandon Washington was cut.

Neither Davis nor Quinn are eligible for the practice squad I believe.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this snippet from an article on FoxSports about the difference between what is available and what the Rams chose very interesting. Perhaps the Rams FO and coaches and maybe even Fisher are corporately stuck on how they evaluate players. Check this out:

Two unispiring choices, writes NFL.com's Chris Wesseling: ' The Rams could have taken a chance on Vince Young or Tim Tebow, each of whom has proven capable of winning games at the NFL level. It's hard to blame coach Jeff Fisher for ruling out a return bout with Young's soap opera. Tebow was discussed internally, but was ostensibly shot down as a legitimate candidate because no NFL team is willing to welcome the circus to town. St. Louis fans will instead be subjected to Quinn, quickly becoming the patron saint of lost seasons. He and Clemens have combined for an 8-24 (25 percent) career record compared with 39-25 (60.9 percent) for Young and Tebow. '

They appear to focus on intangibles and not necessarily on proven statistics. WE all know Fisher disdains Vince Young and Young is probably past any further accomplishments that reflect what he has done but the Tebow diss is rather gossameric because he has a very high percentage of winning games compared to Davis and Quinn. But again, we can hash and re-hash the merits of Tebow which is already been done on other threads by SJ76, FastForward, and Dk7000.

The bottom line and the point of this post is Fisher believes he can take any player and get production out of him when he LIKES a guy and he chooses the guys he wants to work with based on that bottom line. Once he likes a guy, he sticks with him. Examples are Janoris Jenkins, Brian Quick, Pead, Trumaine Johnson, Jo-Lunn Dunbar, Sam Bradford, Rodney McLeod, etc. In other words, we are at the mercy of Fisher's selections because they appear to be based on who Fisher likes-or so it seems.

So, the fact that nobody else in the NFL wanted Tebow or VY doesn't hold any water, it's just Fisher's problem with playing favorites? That makes no sense. We know you like Tebow, and that's all fine and good, but you're reaching here. Jenkins, Pead, Quick, and Tru are all in their second season and were day 2 picks, you expect them to be dumped already? You can hardly argue that he's playing favorites with Pead and Quick, as they have rarely seen the field. If anything, he's holding them back.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signings of Davis and Quinn are practical solutions rather than players Fisher likes. Davis was originally signed as a #3 developmental QB who might become a potential future franchise QB after a few seasons ala Tony Romo. The plan was that he would overtake Clemens as the #2 QB this year. Preseason games showed that his pocket presence had deteriorated. He was more concerned with the opponents pass rush. He ended up running, (unsuccessfully), when he should have been throwing the ball away or finding a receiver. He didn't outplay Clemens and the team can't carry an unlimited amount of projects on the roster, (Quick, Austin, Bailey, Pead, Jones, Washington, et al). He's pretty much done as an NFL QB. His only value is that he's spent 16 of the last 18 months on the Rams roster. He should know 85% of the playbook and he has familiarity with the Rams receivers for tendency and timing purposes. For a week or 2 he'll be miles ahead of any other QB we could sign. Consequently he's been signed as the short-term #2 QB. For him to play in relief of Clemens he has to be on the active roster. Quinn isn't viewed as a much better QB than Clemens. However, he is seen as a quick study and he could be a competent option who surpasses Davis in 2-3 weeks. At that point Davis may become expendable again. Quinn isn't eligible for the practice squad and even if he was it would be a bad move. (Someone else could sign him to a better offer). Young is a superior long-term option but he's slow to pick things up. The Packers weren't interested in a back-up QB who could play early in the season. If Rodgers went down that early they were likely done anyway. They wanted a QB who could take a 5-1 team through the rest of the season. Even with 2 weeks of preseason the Packers felt Young wouldn't be ready with another 6 weeks of work. We have an immediate need for a QB and we want to discard him in 10 weeks time. He'd be a bad fit even without the personality conflict. Tebow has a unique skill-set but he doesn't generate many points on offense. Our defense couldn't hold many teams to a total he could be competitive with. For better or worse Clemens is our QB with Davis as the #2. Quinn will take over the back-up duties at some point in the near future but I expect Clemens to keep his #1 QB position until the end of the season, if he can stay healthy.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out why they released Davis. it's not like they had the 2nd coming in Kurt Warner backing up Bradford....Real head scratch'r.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out why they released Davis. it's not like they had the 2nd coming in Kurt Warner backing up Bradford....Real head scratch'r.
You don't keep a 3rd QB for depth if you have a clear #1 QB who's healthy. There are always options like Quinn, Skelton, Batch, Gradkowski, etc who switch from roster to FA to practice squad. You keep a #3 QB as a project. You look for a guy with #1 potential. If and when they stop showing you that potential you dump them for the next guy. Ricky Stanzi was in the same situation at the Chiefs this year.

Prior to Thad Lewis we had Keith Null. Most guys don't pan out.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemens is still starting Monday though right?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemens is still starting Monday though right?
Clemens will be the starting QB.

kapow1.jpg

2204769017_b3a50068f3_z.jpg

bam.jpg

serie_sock.jpg

whamm.jpg

The finishing QB has yet to be decided!

Stay tuned for another exciting episode of...

Rams football!