• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bobrovsky

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well his brother came on the day of his death and posted about it, no one believed him for a day and then some of the more trusted posters backed the claim.

Here or at the swamp? I would like to think I wasn't so high I missed that entire thread? I remember Kegtap and thought I had seen him around here from time to time? Huh!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here or at the swamp? I would like to think I wasn't so high I missed that entire thread? I remember Kegtap and thought I had seen him around here from time to time? Huh!

yeah, all on the swamp, it is why you see the "KT" avatar's on a lot of the posters there

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers will make a play for Vokoun before the trade deadline. We have the cap space with his salary prorated to about $1.4 million for the remainder of the season.

For those of you who think Vokoun is not an upgrade over Boucher or Bob, I beg to differ. He has a similar save percentage to both of them, but he's been playing behind a weaker defense in Florida and backstopping a team that has a losing record overall. He would essentially be where Tim Thomas is right now had he played the entire season to this point with our Flyers and I'm thinking we'd also not be the last team in the Nhl without a shutout.

It's not that shutouts win cups or anything, but how confident does everyone feel if Boucher gets injured and we're forced to start Bob and his horrific puck handling skills throughout the playoffs?

Good point on the puckhandling but I'm more concerned about making that big save when needed and so far both goalies are similar Bob may have a little more zip to his reactions but we'll see how they play down the stretch. If its this close of a competition I won't be pissed either way.

Vokoun would be a nice signing but only if one of the goalies falter plus they have Leights in the minors so I doubt it. We're probably going to see a depth dman brought in especially if Bart is out for a while.

Keg was a good poster RIP bro! Go Flyers!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? i never got that vibe from him at all, we had good conversation. i mean i understand some folk don't get along with everyone over here but i don't see him at the swamp anymore either. i'm actually kind of worried about the guy, i mean as much as one would worry about someone you have never met. after what happened to the guy kegtap its kind of crazy ya kno.

Really.

Listen....Disagreeing is all part of the game on any message board and I'm cool with that. It's the "my opinion is always the right one and you are all idiots" attitude that turned me away from the guy.

There was never any compromise.

Yeah....the whole kegtap thing was pretty fucked up. I went through that with 2 different posters that I posted with often in the early 90's. Sad shit.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers will make a play for Vokoun before the trade deadline. We have the cap space with his salary prorated to about $1.4 million for the remainder of the season.

For those of you who think Vokoun is not an upgrade over Boucher or Bob, I beg to differ. He has a similar save percentage to both of them, but he's been playing behind a weaker defense in Florida and backstopping a team that has a losing record overall. He would essentially be where Tim Thomas is right now had he played the entire season to this point with our Flyers and I'm thinking we'd also not be the last team in the Nhl without a shutout.

It's not that shutouts win cups or anything, but how confident does everyone feel if Boucher gets injured and we're forced to start Bob and his horrific puck handling skills throughout the playoffs?

Interesting Mav. Like I've said since the beginning....I don't have 100% confidence in either of the B's to "steal" a game when we really need it, so I'm not against a Vokoun trade either.

Time is running out quick though..

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interesting Mav. Like I've said since the beginning....I don't have 100% confidence in either of the B's to "steal" a game when we really need it, so I'm not against a Vokoun trade either.

Time is running out quick though..

I dunno about Vokoun. Ever see his playoff record? I heard it wasn't all that great.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about Vokoun. Ever see his playoff record? I heard it wasn't all that great.

He's 3-8 in the playoffs, but have you seen the teams he was on?

2003-04 Nashville Predators Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

2006-07 Nashville Predators Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Outside of Timonen, who on those teams is any good? Zidlicky? A 21-year-old Shea Weber? Upshall? Hartnell? The 2007 playoffs weren't very good (2.96, .902) but he was dominant in 2004 (2.02, .939). All of this is a moot point; the Versteeg trade handcuffed Holmgren in terms of the cap. They might have been able to squeeze him in before hand, but not now. Especially since they don't have anything of value to trade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo vokoun is probably a top 3 goalie in terms of skill.. he's been putting up pretty quality numbers on absolute garbage teams.. teams that would lose to this years phantoms, and he somehow makes them a tough out..

i've been saying for 3 years that if the flyers were to acquire a 'top tier goalie' id want it to be vokoun, period.

but like ander said, i dont think they have the cap to do it after the steeg trade. but i'm not complaining cause i like that move too.. give steeg some time and he will be a force on this team i think.. IMO he was the hawks best forward in the finals last year

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo vokoun is probably a top 3 goalie in terms of skill.. he's been putting up pretty quality numbers on absolute garbage teams.. teams that would lose to this years phantoms, and he somehow makes them a tough out..

i've been saying for 3 years that if the flyers were to acquire a 'top tier goalie' id want it to be vokoun, period.

Vokoun is, without a doubt, the best goalie in the world right now. His sv% since the lockout is light years ahead of anyone else in the league. His worst year since the lockout is better than Lundqvist's career sv%. I know there won't be any cap space, but if they could somehow sign him this offseason, they will continue to be Cup favorites even as he, Timonen, and Pronger age.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why we are where we are? The depth. Vokoun is impossible to get without losing what makes us good in the first place.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why we are where we are? The depth. Vokoun is impossible to get without losing what makes us good in the first place.

1 line + 2 defensemen + Vokoun could make the ECF.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a trade idea.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 line + 2 defensemen + Vokoun could make the ECF.

Haha if they really wanted to they could have passed on steeg and used the picks to get vokoun plus waived Z like they did but send him down to the ahl...but Homer didn't he must be an idiot. ; )

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always go to the splits in the shootout and kick your leg to the side the shooter isn't going for.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Always go to the splits in the shootout and kick your leg to the side the shooter isn't going for.

when in doubt 4706...blame bob. o wait,how many goals did we scorein the shootout?