• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bobby Bowden on Nebraska Football: "They're Back"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to strike up the conversation about Nebraska fans being great fans again, but..............

On Oct. 8, 1980, Head Coach Bobby Bowden wrote the following letter on Florida State stationary and sent it to Nebraska after his Seminoles beat the Huskers, 18-14 in Lincoln: "I have been coaching college football the past 28 years and have played before some great crowds in this country. I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska last week. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me a living testimony of what college football should be all about. I actually had the feeling that when we upset the Nebraska team that instead of hate and spite, the Nebraska fans thanked us for coming to Lincoln and putting on a good show. This is nearly unheard of in today's society. Nebraska, you are a great example for Americans to copy. I hope we show half the class your people do."

.......just saying

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't mean to strike up the conversation about Nebraska fans being great fans again, but..............

On Oct. 8, 1980, Head Coach Bobby Bowden wrote the following letter on Florida State stationary and sent it to Nebraska after his Seminoles beat the Huskers, 18-14 in Lincoln: "I have been coaching college football the past 28 years and have played before some great crowds in this country. I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska last week. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me a living testimony of what college football should be all about. I actually had the feeling that when we upset the Nebraska team that instead of hate and spite, the Nebraska fans thanked us for coming to Lincoln and putting on a good show. This is nearly unheard of in today's society. Nebraska, you are a great example for Americans to copy. I hope we show half the class your people do."

.......just saying

Jed and Fred will disagree with Bobby Bowden.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nebraska fans are great fans. i'm sure you're a great fan of your jayhawks shades. can you at least choose 1 alias. can you be any more of a loser. answering yourself in a thread is real original on your part.

now go boo hoo to the mods some more. it's what you do best.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it's funny that all of a sudden you think coach bowden is such a smart guy when you had nothing nice to say about the guy before.

You must be confusing me with someone else. You seem to have a problem with that type of thing.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You must be confusing me with someone else. You seem to have a problem with that type of thing.

just tellin the truth- and no, i'm not confusing you with anyone. although your posts at times can be shadyesque; even when you have an alternate screen name, you don't try to pretend to be someone else. although we disagree ALOT, i've NEVER called you shady and i never will.

if you can point to a post (other than in any threads related to this article) when you praised coach bowden- i'll be more than happy to admit i'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, FSU and N are almost 1 in the same

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost? how many national championships does fsu have? (compared to nu) wide right...i mean wide left......i mean wide right.....just kidding. lol.

don't kick us why we're down. pun intended.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just tellin the truth- and no, i'm not confusing you with anyone. although your posts at times can be shadyesque; even when you have an alternate screen name, you don't try to pretend to be someone else. although we disagree ALOT, i've NEVER called you shady and i never will.

if you can point to a post (other than in any threads related to this article) when you praised coach bowden- i'll be more than happy to admit i'm wrong.

Just because I've never praised the guy, doesn't mean I don't like him , or respect his coaching abilities. I actually was appalled at the way FSU treated him by forcing him out after what he's done for their university.

Also, I never accused you of calling me shady either.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just because I've never praised the guy, doesn't mean I don't like him , or respect his coaching abilities. I actually was appalled at the way FSU treated him by forcing him out after what he's done for their university.

good enough!

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

quit trying to cover your ass, shady. :p

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I own a pair of rose colored "shades" doesn't mean I'm shady. :rolleyes:

You may as well join the crowd Xorb......somehow most of us have multiple houses with multiple IP addresses which makes us all shady. It's the thing to do nowadays!!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
really you own a pair of rose colored shades... minus a rep point.

Relax man. I didn't say I use them, I only own them. They're leftovers from the Callahan regime.

I think I'm going to cut them up in little pieces and send the pieces to Callahan, Cosgrove, and Pederson.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the only things that are owned is xorbie and shady.

BY ME!

it disturbs me that you're more interested in me than in sports. what else is new?