• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Nix

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the debate is drafting a QB this year and Caleb and Maye are off the board that leaves: Penix, Daniels, Nix and McCarthy.

I really like this YouTuber. He isn't VERY well-known but he goes over all the QB's here. Looks like so far he has looked at film for Williams, Maye, Penix, Daniels and Nix. Nothing on McCarthy yet but honestly I think he is the least talented of them all.

https://www.youtube.com/@ThatFranchiseGuy/videos

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the debate is drafting a QB this year and Caleb and Maye are off the board that leaves: Penix, Daniels, Nix and McCarthy.

I really like this YouTuber. He isn't VERY well-known but he goes over all the QB's here. Looks like so far he has looked at film for Williams, Maye, Penix, Daniels and Nix. Nothing on McCarthy yet but honestly I think he is the least talented of them all.

https://www.youtube.com/@ThatFranchiseGuy/videos
I think we are guessing that Williams, Maye and Daniels are off the board. So that leaves the discussion to Nix, Daniels and McCarthy - or pass on a QB this year in round one.

And thanks for the link.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If we need to wristband it we will wristband it" something along those lines. The hints of not grasping the offense have been there since early in the season and the missed wide open receivers are all the proof I need that Wilson isn't getting it done. When I can see it live you know it ain't good. It was time to move on, just wish the financials weren't so bad.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If we need to wristband it we will wristband it" something along those lines. The hints of not grasping the offense have been there since early in the season and the missed wide open receivers are all the proof I need that Wilson isn't getting it done. When I can see it live you know it ain't good. It was time to move on, just wish the financials weren't so bad.
The financials aren't bad - IMO. Raising the salary cap last year and this year - added nearly $40 million to league payrolls. Of course - the salary cap is tied to revenues - so don't cry for me Argentina.

Functionally, this will mean the Broncos can't sign a top QB to a contract for a couple of years - meanwhile they can have all the Stidham they want and the draft QBs. Continuing to establish the run game and give the QB play action opportunities - will work for Stidham and any rookie QB of merit. Stuff they shouldn't have needed to do to protect Russell Wilson.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the level of quarterback talent in this year’s class, a first-round selection isn’t guaranteed for Nix, but he is still one of the best prospects in the draft. On Tuesday, Trevor Sikkema of Pro Football Focus (PFF) listed the best draft prospect for all 32 NFL teams, and he named Nix as the Denver Broncos top prospect. Sikkema had this to say about the former Ducks QB.

“If they stay in the middle of the first round, where they are projected to pick, Nix would be an ideal option. Nix has legit NFL arm strength in both distance and velocity, as well as added mobility with his legs. He’s also the most experienced college quarterback of all time with 60 games as a starter. He and Sean Payton could work well together.”

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are guessing that Williams, Maye and Daniels are off the board. So that leaves the discussion to Nix, Daniels and McCarthy - or pass on a QB this year in round one.

And thanks for the link.
If Nix, Penix and McCarthy are OTB for Denver I think it comes down to what you prefer.
I think Penix might have some of the best QB fundamentals in this draft and he has great precision. He has an arm and mobility too. Injuries is the issue but we have seen other QB’s with injuries in college. Always a risk in a sense.
Nix is not as polished. I think his ceiling is much lower than Penix. I think he can be an average QB and maybe even progress into a nice starter.
I am the least impressed by McCarthy. I think he has backup written all over him.

I am interested to see where they have Penix on the boards after the combine.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy reminds me of Zach Wilson and I don’t like that. I don’t even know if they play the same style maybe it’s that they look the same, but I’d prefer anyone else over him.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy reminds me of Zach Wilson and I don’t like that. I don’t even know if they play the same style maybe it’s that they look the same, but I’d prefer anyone else over him.
So all white dudes look the same?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL- Curious why they remind you of each other? I don't think they look anything alike. They have some of the same tools coming out... Or do yo think McCarthy is a tool like Wilson? ;)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL- Curious why they remind you of each other? I don't think they look anything alike. They have some of the same tools coming out... Or do yo think McCarthy is a tool like Wilson? ;)

You're telling me you could pick either one out of a lineup????

Attachments

• IMG_3600.jpeg
    IMG_3600.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3601.jpeg
    IMG_3601.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 2

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't adding draft assets be high on the list because of dead cap issues? I like waiting for 25 for QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries scare me off him big time. Missed two different years with ACL injuries- 2 of them and then two other years with shoulder joint injuries.
Now he's all fixed!