• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Nix

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it with a grain of salt, but the reports from Senior Bowl aren't kind to Nix. Trouble operating under center and not processing the field well are the reports. That jives with what I saw as a shotgun one read QB even though he put up huge numbers in an easy system that didn't require much processing or any under center. I don't understand why people match him with Payton as Payton likes to be able to play from under center and requires his QB's to read the entire field. I am sure Nix can grow, but he is also an older prospect at 24.
Yeah - grain of salt - this report apparently came from a 4 play series of plays that didn't go well. Funny that this story is aimed at exactly the opposite of what I see in Nix - as ultra-aware of football situations and makes good decisions. My first thought is this came from someone's agent.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - grain of salt - this report apparently came from a 4 play series of plays that didn't go well. Funny that this story is aimed at exactly the opposite of what I see in Nix - as ultra-aware of football situations and makes good decisions. My first thought is this came from someone's agent.
It isn't the first report that says he has trouble processing though. Its funny as you and I don't see the same QB but that happens.....................

If we end up with Nix I sure will hope you were right and I was wrong though.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the arguments I saw is that the ‘simplified’ playbook of Oregon didn’t prepare him for the more complicated reads and defenses he’ll face in the NFL, as if he is a guy who panics when his first read is covered. I don’t buy that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the arguments I saw is that the ‘simplified’ playbook of Oregon didn’t prepare him for the more complicated reads and defenses he’ll face in the NFL, as if he is a guy who panics when his first read is covered. I don’t buy that.
One of the things I like about Nix and one of the things I saw him do maybe a half dozen times this past season - is the ball is snapped to him - there's a blitz coming at him, and he doesn't have enough blockers - Nix reads the play - dashes toward the hashmark and heaves the ball out of bounds downfield. Basically - Nix saw the play was a disaster and threw away the down in the safest way. Now some may have seen that same thing and think- Nix panicked. I saw a QB confident enough - and mature enough to throw the ball away based on his early read that the play got blown up. If you are able to do what Nix did - you avoided all the negative possibilities of the play such as sack, interception or injury. Mature QBs do that - guys who are confident that in three tries on a series of downs they can get 10 yards or better - throwing away one play isn't much of a sacrifice.

As for the suggestion that he is slow in processing the field - Bo Nix's dad Patrick Nix was a starting QB for Alabama and
Pat Nix actually coaches QBs - so there is very little Bo Nix doesn't know about his reads.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it with a grain of salt, but the reports from Senior Bowl aren't kind to Nix. Trouble operating under center and not processing the field well are the reports. That jives with what I saw as a shotgun one read QB even though he put up huge numbers in an easy system that didn't require much processing or any under center. I don't understand why people match him with Payton as Payton likes to be able to play from under center and requires his QB's to read the entire field. I am sure Nix can grow, but he is also an older prospect at 24.
Nick Kendal said no arm strength a well . He said he really don't like any of them at were w are .. so Nix needs to show some power in his throws . that might hep him at this point

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel arm strength is over rated at times. Look at Drew Lock, Jay Cutler.
Processing and reading defenses is a huge trait.
I think Nix's arm is good enough for the NFL.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to much at stake to not take a OT DE or TE at 12

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to much at stake to not take a OT DE or TE at 12
Agree with the OT. Would love to find a replacement for Bolles but not sure one of the top 2 will drop to 12.
Would also love to have the option of deciding between Brockers or QB at 12. Not sure Brockers will be there at 12.
And if we want DE....we can trade down and get more picks and get our DE.
I want a QB. Tired of kicking the can down the road with re-treads.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this guy we get him in the 2nd round though a trade down and two 2nd round picks .... Sing me up .

Good bad ugly of him. I really think our Coach can fix him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can make him climb the pocket he is a 100% stud .. he don't like to be hit .. so who knows ...The first year with him would be annoying IMO he will check down to the point of you going bald from you seeing all those wide open WR's not getting looked at....I do think he might get it at year 3 or 4 though.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this guy we get him in the 2nd round though a trade down and two 2nd round picks .... Sing me up .

Good bad ugly of him. I really think our Coach can fix him.
I like the analysis from this fellow on Nix. I agree with most of it. Except - what he points out as flaws in footwork or use of the pocket - to me are correctable through coaching.

Nix is still my favorite in the draft - I'd like to get him at the end of round one - for the 5 year contract.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel arm strength is over rated at times. Look at Drew Lock, Jay Cutler.
Processing and reading defenses is a huge trait.
I think Nix's arm is good enough for the NFL.
Jay Cutler was great with Shanahan. Developing very nicely. Should have kept the rat. Hindsight I know.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler was great with Shanahan. Developing very nicely. Should have kept the rat. Hindsight I know.
Yep I believe we would have seen more SB's had we .

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the analysis from this fellow on Nix. I agree with most of it. Except - what he points out as flaws in footwork or use of the pocket - to me are correctable through coaching.

Nix is still my favorite in the draft - I'd like to get him at the end of round one - for the 5 year contract.
THIS!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would work but no way is he #12 pick . I get that 2 is not getting the 5th year deal .. but by then we have the richest owner ...

Another thing is Nix would make Jerry Judy dominate IMO . I believe we should keep him .

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
processing speed is the #1-3 characteristic to look for. after that has to be hand size, height and then arm strength in no particular order. .

what i find interesting is it doesn’t take very long once in an NFL camp for players to know if a young QB is any good. they recognize game instantly.

we need to go back to the old NFL players vs College players all star game from the 70s.. lol

what did purdy do last year in practice to have Shanny say to York i think the 3rd string QB is our best QB?

didn’t take much time to see he could play.

what were they seeing in practice that wasn’t evident on tape at ISU?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
processing speed is the #1-3 characteristic to look for. after that has to be hand size, height and then arm strength in no particular order. .

what i find interesting is it doesn’t take very long once in an NFL camp for players to know if a young QB is any good. they recognize game instantly.

we need to go back to the old NFL players vs College players all star game from the 70s.. lol

what did purdy do last year in practice to have Shanny say to York i think the 3rd string QB is our best QB?

didn’t take much time to see he could play.

what were they seeing in practice that wasn’t evident on tape at ISU?
It's certainly an interesting question. On the other hand - 9ers may have liked a few things about Purdy - but lucked out in the result they got.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton was recently quoted as saying the #1 thing he looks for in a QB is processing speed. He said special players like Drew Brees and Patrick Mahomes are successful because they process how the play is unfolding so quickly.