• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 3 opt out

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
we won back to back championships with essentially 3 max deal guys.. the idea we 1 max deal guy doesn't leave enough money for a title team is willful ignorance of recent history.
That worked when all 3 were max players and played at that level not when 1 if not 2 are no longer functioning at that level and hence why there needs to be change. My comment about Lebron and the max deal is about chemistry and how interested they are in picking up much needed pieces. So condescending....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? This isn't football.. you can go over the salary cap in basketball. How much money does he make the Heat? Wade isn't worth a max deal neither is Bosh. Haslem wasn't worth his contract. LeBron is worth a max deal...period.

Lebron is certainly worth the max. But we'll be handicapped at getting other quality players to the team. The cap is set at $62 million. If Lebron makes the max ($23 mil per year), then he's looking at taking up a third of the salary cap, while Wade and Bosh take up the other 1/3. That gives you about $15 mil (give or take) to fill out the 12 roster spots. I think Lebron should be making around $16-$18 million. He definitely deserves to be the highest paid on the team. But within reason. We're still operating at a cap.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worked when all 3 were max players and played at that level not when 1 if not 2 are no longer functioning at that level and hence why there needs to be change. My comment about Lebron and the max deal is about chemistry and how interested they are in picking up much needed pieces. So condescending....

This! The big 3 experiment needs to be altered after San Antonio exploited it to perfection. Other more talented pieces have to be added. Essentially, Miami needs to follow the Spurs blue print in all 3 of their stars taking a pay cut. Besides, Lebron's endorsement money makes his salary look like a joke.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is certainly worth the max. But we'll be handicapped at getting other quality players to the team. The cap is set at $62 million. If Lebron makes the max ($23 mil per year), then he's looking at taking up a third of the salary cap, while Wade and Bosh take up the other 1/3. That gives you about $15 mil (give or take) to fill out the 12 roster spots. I think Lebron should be making around $16-$18 million. He definitely deserves to be the highest paid on the team. But within reason. We're still operating at a cap.

this isn't football you can go over the cap in basketball.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
andre-

if what I said came off as condescending.. sorry. not trying to disrespect anyone on this board whose posts I can still see.

I just find the idea that the heat cant put together a championship team with 1 max deal guy a bit crazy. just exceed the cap to sign back Wade and Haslem.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
andre-

if what I said came off as condescending.. sorry. not trying to disrespect anyone on this board whose posts I can still see.

I just find the idea that the heat cant put together a championship team with 1 max deal guy a bit crazy. just exceed the cap to sign back Wade and Haslem.
No worries. I don't disagree with you. I just think that Lebron needs to sacrifice a little given what the others are being expected and will likely sacrifice in both money, shots and their game. So far it's looking pretty good. Will be interesting to see what happens from here out.