• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there will be a lot of Gene in the coming weeks, but we still have some issues to resolve (some minor, some major)

Saul still needs to finish his dealings with the corrupt couple. They have his “dancing constitution” man that he has on his roof during BB.

Kim will likely leave Saul after the shit he pulled on her tonight.

Saul was told that Lalo is dead. His scene with Walt and Jesse doesn’t make sense now. They will clean that up. Cranston and Paul are both supposed to make appearances in these coming episodes.

Don't think anything Saul did tonight is what forces Kim out. Itll be the fact that Mike made it abundantly clear that the shit they both pulled was the reason not just for Howards death, but the reason he gets a horrible rememberance as well.
'
Technically Mike didnt tell Saul that Lalo was dead. Sure, he should be able to do the simple math but all he said was that he wont be coming back. Had to repeat it a few times as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there will be a lot of Gene in the coming weeks, but we still have some issues to resolve (some minor, some major)

Saul still needs to finish his dealings with the corrupt couple. They have his “dancing constitution” man that he has on his roof during BB.

Saul was told that Lalo is dead. His scene with Walt and Jesse doesn’t make sense now. They will clean that up. Cranston and Paul are both supposed to make appearances in these coming episodes.

He wasn't technically told Lalo was dead. Mike just told him he wouldn't come back. While the implication should be clear, Saul might not pick it up given the traumatic circumstances. Lalo's events haunt him to the point where he never truly thinks he's gone

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't technically told Lalo was dead. Mike just told him he wouldn't come back. While the implication should be clear, Saul might not pick it up given the traumatic circumstances. Lalo's events haunt him to the point where he never truly thinks he's gone

He also tried to blame Nacho with Lalo tonight the same way he does with Walt and Jesse so that was a good tie in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think anything Saul did tonight is what forces Kim out. Itll be the fact that Mike made it abundantly clear that the shit they both pulled was the reason not just for Howards death, but the reason he gets a horrible rememberance as well.
'
Technically Mike didnt tell Saul that Lalo was dead. Sure, he should be able to do the simple math but all he said was that he wont be coming back. Had to repeat it a few times as well.

I see your point, but I think Mike made it too clear for Saul not to pick up on it.

If there is something that happens in the next episode or two that makes Saul question Lalo’s death, or if Saul gets the dancing man within the next “day or two” and immediately gets kidnapped by W&J, than I could see him saying what he said in order to continue selling the fact that “this never happened”.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'
He’s the kind of guy you need to see a picture of.

No way Jimmy is confident Lalo is dead and gone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard’s funeral…

How’s that gonna play out? It has to be a scene or two, right?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. None of the known players would be there, so no need to show it.
Jimmy has an Asston of money hanging out there. Howard was his mark. Now Howard is dead.

And Jimmy and Cliff from Davis and Maine have a conversation that has to happen.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So good I watched the replay afterwards. I don't think it's too much hyperbole to state that one ranks up there with any Breaking Bad episode.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mmm, I dunno about that. Saul told Lalo he should send Kim to in essence tell Kim to get in witness protection/leave the Country and get her out of the current situation... basically sacrificing himself for her, even Kim said that. Saul also knew that the target was likely highly protected, etc. Given Kim would be frantic and obviously coerced into the position, it's logical that the target's bodyguards/henchmen would interrogate her for information and keep her in the safest place possible in the event something went wrong (which even Mike says the situation could've gone wrong - had Lalo killed Saul, he likely would've gone back and killed Kim/Saul both just to cover up the situation).

I think Lalo in fairness just agreed because it was honorable. Lalo was going to use Kim/Saul as a pure distraction anyway... but he may have killed Saul/Kim as witnesses afterwards, maybe not. Who knows?

Lastly, if you really think about it, Lalo is not the kind of criminal mastermind to have an f'ing lawyer who has never killed anyone go kill a high profile/protected target. Give me an f'ing break. Kim was frantic but I got the feeling Jimmy picked up on it pretty quick. It didn't make sense. It was 100% a diversion for Lalo to do exactly what he did. That said, it was the aftermath that was the problem. Had Lalo killed Gus, it wouldn't shock me if Kim would've been killed while Saul remained in Mike's custody (safe). Mike arrived after Lalo was dead after all.

All said, Kim loves Jimmy and couldn't bring herself to do that, hence her going to the house ready to murder. That was not Jimmy's decision/ask, he put Kim out of harm's way (or at a minimum the LEAST amount of harms way). I think Saul is the one who leaves Kim and breaks her heart after what he just put her through (he can't live with the thought of letting that happen to her again).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could take weeks.

Has to be reported missing first.
Then they have to find his car.
Then they have to search for a body.
Right.

He’ll be missing by lunch. Bet they find his car within a couple days. Then they never find his body.

The Sandpiper settlement is looming. And his funeral seems like a great place for Cliff to need to talk to Jimmy.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

He’ll be missing by lunch. Bet they find his car within a couple days. Then they never find his body.

The Sandpiper settlement is looming. And his funeral seems like a great place for Cliff to need to talk to Jimmy.
With Howard gone, maybe the Sandpiper residents lose faith and Cliff turns to Jimmy for help because they still talk about him?

Sure, there are a lot of ways they can go here, but Howard's funeral wasn't exactly at the top of my list for things I want to see happen. Great actor, great role, but his death might ultimately be what divides Kim/Jimmy. Oh, and that Lalo thingee....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had a feeling we weren't really caught up with the BB days.

But with that ending, now we truly are.

Damn that was well done. Figured a break up was the only way to go but they did it really well and we got the time jump to Saul. Now it should be a lot of Saul/Gene these final 4 to wrap up his journey. Everyone else is pretty set.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy has an Asston of money hanging out there. Howard was his mark. Now Howard is dead.

And Jimmy and Cliff from Davis and Maine have a conversation that has to happen.
Like one second after we see Howard’s picture… there’s Cliff…

Wasn’t expecting Kim to make such a cruel final pitch to the widow Hamlin though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like one second after we see Howard’s picture… there’s Cliff…

Wasn’t expecting Kim to make such a cruel final pitch to the widow Hamlin though.
She really didn’t have a choice. The widow wasn’t buying the story, so the story had to be shoved down her throat.