• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beth Mowins and Rex Ryan calling MNF.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mowins to be first woman on MNF play-by-play

Longtime play-by-play commentator Beth Mowins will be the first woman to call a nationally televised NFL game when she announces the second game of ESPN's Monday Night Football Week 1 doubleheader, the network announced Tuesday.

Mowins will be joined by former coach Rex Ryan in the booth for the Los Angeles Chargers-Denver Broncos contest that follows the New Orleans Saints-Minnesota Vikings matchup.

"This is an amazing opportunity and I look forward to working with Rex and our entire ESPN team," Mowins said in a news release. "As lifelong fans of the NFL Monday Night Football franchise, we want to bring the same passion to the broadcast as our predecessors have all done."

Mowins will also be the first woman in an NFL booth for a regular-season game since 1987, when Gayle Sierens did play-by-play for a Seattle Seahawks-Kansas City Chiefs matchup that aired regionally.

Mowins has done play-by-play at ESPN since 1994 and has called NCAA championships in basketball, softball, soccer and volleyball. She has experience with NFL broadcasting by doing Oakland Raiders preseason games since 2015.

Ryan is the outspoken former Buffalo Bills and New York Jets coach. He will be part of ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown this season while also contributing to SportsCenter, ESPN Radio and other ESPN platforms.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with this for the most part I don't care the only tandem I dislike is Aikmen and that Puff that seems to oogle him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is she hot?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mowins to be first woman on MNF play-by-play

Longtime play-by-play commentator Beth Mowins will be the first woman to call a nationally televised NFL game when she announces the second game of ESPN's Monday Night Football Week 1 doubleheader, the network announced Tuesday.

Mowins will be joined by former coach Rex Ryan in the booth for the Los Angeles Chargers-Denver Broncos contest that follows the New Orleans Saints-Minnesota Vikings matchup.

"This is an amazing opportunity and I look forward to working with Rex and our entire ESPN team," Mowins said in a news release. "As lifelong fans of the NFL Monday Night Football franchise, we want to bring the same passion to the broadcast as our predecessors have all done."

Mowins will also be the first woman in an NFL booth for a regular-season game since 1987, when Gayle Sierens did play-by-play for a Seattle Seahawks-Kansas City Chiefs matchup that aired regionally.

Mowins has done play-by-play at ESPN since 1994 and has called NCAA championships in basketball, softball, soccer and volleyball. She has experience with NFL broadcasting by doing Oakland Raiders preseason games since 2015.

Ryan is the outspoken former Buffalo Bills and New York Jets coach. He will be part of ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown this season while also contributing to SportsCenter, ESPN Radio and other ESPN platforms.
i dunno...i never got around to women doing nba games. i dont like the idea of football. reserve analysis for former players, coaches, etc.

i think ryan will be absolute gold. our new madden.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno...i never got around to women doing nba games. i dont like the idea of football. reserve analysis for former players, coaches, etc.

i think ryan will be absolute gold. our new madden.

I'm still having a hard time with the occasional female official.

We'll see though. I know I'll be watching anyway.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Chargers vs the Broncos nobody will watch ..........

It's one game, and ESPN/TMZ trying to save face after letting well liked folks walk......

J'onn Jo'nzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues with that.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex will probably miss a couple of his cues because he will be distracted by her feet

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upside down in the dark on the couch they are all kind of the same.....

Hank, you tiger! I thought you were politically correct?
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROWL

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the mute button.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a picture of Beth? I'm at work, can't search

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have a picture of Beth? I'm at work, can't search

th

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that bad huh? Can't google her currently. At work...
You know four beers, four bourbon shots, half a joint sure why not, otherwise you wouldn't double take if you saw her walking down the street.