• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Best Shooter in NBA History

Best shooter ever?

• Larry Bird

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Reggie Miller

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Ray Allen

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Stephen Curry

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. If we are talking the best, it means guys who can do it for a long time and be efficient. But I agree is without a question the best at this point bc how great he is, his release, the fact he can do it spot up or off the dribble, etc. All these are factors. If he continues the shooting, he will be the best by a wide wide margin, but what if he has 3-4 season shooting below 35%. I don't think it will take him out of the top spot but the margin will close bc those other guys were great shooters for so long and not just a couple years.

If Curry retired today, he would be the best shooter ever because of what he has already done. his impact on the game is astounding also, because unlike past icons, he is a real person, not some athletic freak. Kids see the way he plays as being attainable to them. You will see a dramatic shift in the way the game is played over the next 10-15 years because of Curry. I can't recall any player in recent memory to have such a large impact.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember nash shot a better 3pt % and fg % and ft %

But hey...

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if kids are now going to try to shoot the ball like Curry does, and I'm talking about his actual shot motion and not just jacking up 3's all the time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if kids are now going to try to shoot the ball like Curry does, and I'm talking about his actual shot motion and not just jacking up 3's all the time.

Every kid wants to be Curry today.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson belongs on the list.

Tough to vote Klay when he is a distant second on his own team.

Like you say today's game favors the shooters, and hard to find a scheme that favors them more than the Warriors one. You can at least argue the past vs. present differences with the other guys, not Klay vs. Steph.

Klay could well be a top 2 all time shooter when all is said and done though.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph Curry is the best pure shooter I've ever seen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Curry retired today, he would be the best shooter ever because of what he has already done. his impact on the game is astounding also, because unlike past icons, he is a real person, not some athletic freak. Kids see the way he plays as being attainable to them. You will see a dramatic shift in the way the game is played over the next 10-15 years because of Curry. I can't recall any player in recent memory to have such a large impact.

Longevity still plays a part in all-time great shooter, however I would still put him as best ever now bc it is unlikely his shooting to drop off bigtime. While I agree with everything, I think this is a problem going forward. They see Curry pull up from 30-35 feet and yes he can make it, but I have never seen a player do it as much as him and make it. We saw him go cold in the most crucial moments in the Finals and maybe if he drives more he is more likely to score. While he is the greatest shooter at this point I don't think it is good for the game and especially for young kids seeing this poor shot selection, it just shows how great he is but he is one-of-a-kind IMO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longevity still plays a part in all-time great shooter, however I would still put him as best ever now bc it is unlikely his shooting to drop off bigtime. While I agree with everything, I think this is a problem going forward. They see Curry pull up from 30-35 feet and yes he can make it, but I have never seen a player do it as much as him and make it. We saw him go cold in the most crucial moments in the Finals and maybe if he drives more he is more likely to score. While he is the greatest shooter at this point I don't think it is good for the game and especially for young kids seeing this poor shot selection, it just shows how great he is but he is one-of-a-kind IMO

That is on youth coaches though. Kids see the finished product, they don't see the work that goes in.

I actually met Curry and watched him workout when he was in high school. He was working on his form (his release was a little too low) and he was practicing his catch and shoot game, just like every other high school shooter. Coaches need to make sure kids understand that Curry built his game from the basics. He started with catch and shoot midrange and built from there, only moving on to more difficult shots when he had mastered the easy ones.

Coaches must make sure their players understand the process. No Kids should be practicing those shots Curry takes (aside from goofing around), because they lack the skill base that he built first.