• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Best ball league draft

slow draft or live draft

• slow draft

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • live draft

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to set up, I took most of fantrax suggested settings for best ball.

My vote would be slow draft with 4 or 6hr time limit.

Even with 20 rounds/ 280 picks, shouldn't take more than 1 wk, same as the slow drafts on here.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes,Live draft is ahead!:rockon:
Just remember 20 frigging rounds, 240 picks. As our other slow draft have shown, with the different work schedules, times zones and what not, It’s hard to get a round per day in per day. Or we could knock it out in a day.
Vote LIVE DRAFT!:nod:

We did the suicide in 7 days 19 hours, so just under two rounds per day. Even with all the issues and slow downs we had it was 187 hours to do 168 picks.

I voted slow draft but it should have no more then a 4-6 hour clock. With a stop over night

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did the suicide in 7 days 19 hours, so just under two rounds per day. Even with all the issues and slow downs we had it was 187 hours to do 168 picks.

I voted slow draft but it should have no more then a 4-6 hour clock. With a stop over night
Suicide took long enough to fray nerves and have posters snapping at each other, which lead to a some what quicker pace for a bit. This has many more rounds and is a new format to boot.....the best answer IMO is live draft. We all have other drafts coming up. Let’s see I plan to do Coma, then there’s Bandits league, which leaves 4 more dynasty leagues for me, plus MBBR league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned more rounds , but left off that this league has more members in addition.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to set up, I took most of fantrax suggested settings for best ball.

My vote would be slow draft with 4 or 6hr time limit.

Even with 20 rounds/ 280 picks, shouldn't take more than 1 wk, same as the slow drafts on here.

Sounds easy enough to run best ball. Not sure why you would say 280 picks shouldn’t take longer then 168 picks. Heck 168 picks had some folks praying for the draft to be done, it was like watching paint dry at times. Can’t image how much more painful a 100 plus picks would be.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds easy enough to run best ball. Not sure why you would say 280 picks shouldn’t take longer then 168 picks. Heck 168 picks had some folks praying for the draft to be done, it was like watching paint dry at times. Can’t image how much more painful a 100 plus picks would be.

In one now, 4hr draft clock, started may 24th at 1pm est, Clock shuts down from 12am - 7am, but you can still make picks, just not a running clock (we have a good share of night owls round here)

Tonight, 4days and 10hrs later, we are on pick 155, over memorial weekend, with random strangers.

154 picks in about 106hrs, making great pace

It's only 12 owners, but great reference point to how long it would take.

8-9 days were talking here, and you can set auto draft for a specific number of rounds too, like have it just pick 1 pick, and only put your top 3-4 options in queue (strongly suggest that draft process in this format).

Allows you to set up each round when you have a moment, regardless who's on the clock

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if we can find a date that works for everyone then sure lets do live... But it is harder to find in BB, because unlike MBBRL drafts it is utterly pointless to be auto drafted...

so the flexibility is just not there in BB...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one now, 4hr draft clock, started may 24th at 1pm est, Clock shuts down from 12am - 7am, but you can still make picks, just not a running clock (we have a good share of night owls round here)

This sounds like 2 weeks of no sleep for me. I usually go to bed right around 730am EST. I have a hard enough time fitting sleep in during a normal slow draft. I'm in if its live or maybe for a normal slow draft, but i'd be a major speed bump in the setup you're describing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if we can find a date that works for everyone then sure lets do live... But it is harder to find in BB, because unlike MBBRL drafts it is utterly pointless to be auto drafted...

so the flexibility is just not there in BB...
You want to explain why it’s pointless to auto draft in B.B. because I got no idea why that would be so.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tonight, 4days and 10hrs later, we are on pick 155, over memorial weekend, with random strangers.

154 picks in about 106hrs, making great pace

It's only 12 owners, but great reference point to how long it would take.

8-9 days were talking here, and you can set auto draft for a specific number of rounds too, like have it just pick 1 pick, and only put your top 3-4 options in queue (strongly suggest that draft process in this format).

Allows you to set up each round when you have a moment, regardless who's on the clock
Funny Milk who also wants a slow draft says auto drafting in best ball isn't a option that works. I would guess you got lucky with the mix of members. None of this late riser on one end and early to bed on the other perhaps. In any slow draft you can leave a list, same as setting up a que, yet many resist or flat don't leave one. They want to wait until they are OTC to make a decision, simply because it's a slow draft versus a live draft.
Every slow draft I've been in pretty much sucked, like being in rush hour traffic, a whole lot of waiting without any progress for a long period. This one with way more picks can't be better.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to explain why it’s pointless to auto draft in B.B. because I got no idea why that would be so.

there are no add/drops, no roster management... what you draft is what you have.... if your not there for the draft, then what is the purpose of being in the draft?? there is no way to fix your mistakes...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are no add/drops, no roster management... what you draft is what you have.... if your not there for the draft, then what is the purpose of being in the draft?? there is no way to fix your mistakes...
If you set up a que for auto draft you are making choices for the draft. I would assume they would be the same if you are online. I won’t recommend doing a whole draft that way however. So if you can’t make draft at all, your right, might as well pass. However if you are simply inflicting your lack of time for a draft in a slow draft onto others, you probably shouldn’t have been in the draft in the first place. I pretty much believe anyone who can’t make a live draft, would most likely be a pain in a slow draft. It really comes down to making time. If your willing you can fit your time in a live draft, if your not....your going to that guy that makes others wait in a slow draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you set up a que for auto draft you are making choices for the draft. I would assume they would be the same if you are online. I won’t recommend doing a whole draft that way however. So if you can’t make draft at all, your right, might as well pass. However if you are simply inflicting your lack of time for a draft in a slow draft onto others, you probably shouldn’t have been in the draft in the first place. I pretty much believe anyone who can’t make a live draft, would most likely be a pain in a slow draft. It really comes down to making time. If your willing you can fit your time in a live draft, if your not....your going to that guy that makes others wait in a slow draft.

lets see if we can find a date that works for everyone... i dont think anyone would rather have a slow draft... people just assume that it is too hard to find a time that works for 12-14 people... and for a league that is just not as important as other MBBRL leagues, nobody is going to change their schedules for this...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see if we can find a date that works for everyone... i dont think anyone would rather have a slow draft... people just assume that it is too hard to find a time that works for 12-14 people... and for a league that is just not as important as other MBBRL leagues, nobody is going to change their schedules for this...
Awesome Milk! We can do it. Let’s just knock this out! :thumb:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome Milk! We can do it. Let’s just knock this out! :thumb:

just be careful... we are likely to lose owners if we decide to do live... as not everyone can do the same times.. and people around here are willing to sacrifice themselves for the rest...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little too black and white for this guy, I live life in the grey area.
Love slow drafts this time of yr, always make my picks timely as possible, and don't mind the anticipation.

This is a free league, best ball drafting in June.

If you don't have time to draft, don't join. (Not serious about that, just pointing out silliness of "if you want a slow draft that means you make others wait")

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just be careful... we are likely to lose owners if we decide to do live... as not everyone can do the same times.. and people around here are willing to sacrifice themselves for the rest...
Think we lose guys either way we go TBH. I’m available to draft any day of the week as long as I’m not at work or asleep. Really want to give best all a whirl.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick a date, I'll let you know if I can swing it

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little too black and white for this guy, I live life in the grey area.
Love slow drafts this time of yr, always make my picks timely as possible, and don't mind the anticipation.

This is a free league, best ball drafting in June.

If you don't have time to draft, don't join. (Not serious about that, just pointing out silliness of "if you want a slow draft that means you make others wait")
Seriously Monkey if we could see who voted, the folks who voted live draft would be the quickest in a slow draft, they just want everyone else to do the same.