• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Shouldn't Give Up on Fields

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love y'all to check out my new Bears article and let me know what you think.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tired of the blame game. Change has to start somewhere, and its the QB or its everyone else. Bears will always win or lose due to defense. When Martz came here and tried to run the greatest show on turn on a sloppy sod in Chicago, building the roster did not work.
Fields record is what should end these articles already and I dont know who wrote that thing, but its an easy way to get tagged and comments and keep getting money because a war will start with the dreamers and reality.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love y'all to check out my new Bears article and let me know what you think.

Very well thought and well written article. I'm pretty sure at this point a sizable majority of Bears fans will disagree with your take, but there are some salient points made here. I'm one of those who really hoped Fields would finally bring his 'A' game consistently, because I too feel this is otherwise a golden opportunity for the Bears to grab premium players at two different positions with the two high #1s we'll end up with. Or, as your other scenario suggests, trading that 1st of the two for even more draft capital. But so far, this has not been the case for Fields. Guess we'll have to see how the rest of this season plays out.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love y'all to check out my new Bears article
I dont know who wrote that thing

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: How many seasons are we gonna have to watch game after game with a QB going for 150 passing yards and a turnover or two to give up on him?

A: EVERY F*CKING SEASON BECAUSE COLE KMET SAID SO YA DUMBASS FANS.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: How many seasons are we gonna have to watch game after game with a QB going for 150 passing yards and a turnover or two to give up on him?

A: EVERY F*CKING SEASON BECAUSE COLE KMET SAID SO YA DUMBASS FANS.
I must've missed some news. What does this mean?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of opinions from all sorts of "professional analysts" on the subject from all sides. Solid write up stating your opinion. Thing is, the only real opinion that matters is the ownership of the Bears, the president of football operations and the GM (who coordinates with HC, OC, etc). Everything else, pro keeping, pro trading, etc... all up for speculation and one's own opinion.

Personally, would prefer to pick up Harrison an edge rusher and a center, toss in a 3tech. Trade a bit down in the first round to like pick 3 hoping the first two picks are the two QB prospects. >shrugs<

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must've missed some news. What does this mean?

Kmet is the biggest homer on the team. He told the media this past week that he's in "playoff mode." LOL...We have a quarterback that makes putting up 300 yards passing look like an impossible mission and this dude's talking "playoff mode."

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet is the biggest homer on the team. He told the media this past week that he's in "playoff mode." LOL...We have a quarterback that makes putting up 300 yards passing look like an impossible mission and this dude's talking "playoff mode."

Yeah but in fairness what is he supposed to say? Can't wait to take a vacation in a few weeks?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud has turned around the Texans, Fields has had three years and done nothing but have a few good games a year
In fairness it looks like Houston also has a good first year coach in Ryans.

Never underestimate good coaching.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with BWW here...I mean I'd much rather him believe that than not, whether silly or not. Like BWW, better than him telling us his vacation plans.:lol:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was year 2 i think id agree

Fields has improved every year

He's still not a top 20 QB but he has at least shown that it's possible he could eventually be an acceptable starter in the NFL

Issue is he's going into year 4 and the Bears are likely going to have 2 top 5 picks.

Do let's say you keep Justin. He gets moderately better next year to where he's QB 16 on the league and you go 7-10

Now what? Do you give him 46M a year and pray he keeps showing sought improvement each year? Do you let him walk for nothing? Do you pick up his 5th year?

You're not going to be picking top 5 in 25 of he gets a little better so if you decide to move on you get nothing for Fields and now you have to spend more draft capital to move up

The safest route is to draft QB, trade Fields for whatever you can get and reset the clock because the worst case scenario here isv also the most likely scenario where JF gets just good enough that you're not awful but also not good enough to compete and now you're screwed

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was year 2 i think id agree

Fields has improved every year

He's still not a top 20 QB but he has at least shown that it's possible he could eventually be an acceptable starter in the NFL

Issue is he's going into year 4 and the Bears are likely going to have 2 top 5 picks.

Do let's say you keep Justin. He gets moderately better next year to where he's QB 16 on the league and you go 7-10

Now what? Do you give him 46M a year and pray he keeps showing sought improvement each year? Do you let him walk for nothing? Do you pick up his 5th year?

You're not going to be picking top 5 in 25 of he gets a little better so if you decide to move on you get nothing for Fields and now you have to spend more draft capital to move up

The safest route is to draft QB, trade Fields for whatever you can get and reset the clock because the worst case scenario here isv also the most likely scenario where JF gets just good enough that you're not awful but also not good enough to compete and now you're screwed

Bears keep Fields and hes still not the guy we are looking for,Poles loses his job and Fields debacle will be on his resume for life.....not a good thing to have.
Atleast if Poles drafts a top qb,he will atleast have a two year window to get his qb of choice to showcase what he can do.....

And you are right,its very very unlikley we will ever get 2 picks in the top 5 if the season ended today,maybe in top 4.........not too mention a player of Moores stature added.

I say the Bears call Calebs bluff.......

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears keep Fields and hes still not the guy we are looking for,Poles loses his job and Fields debacle will be on his resume for life.....not a good thing to have.
Atleast if Poles drafts a top qb,he will atleast have a two year window to get his qb of choice to showcase what he can do.....

And you are right,its very very unlikley we will ever get 2 picks in the top 5 if the season ended today,maybe in top 4.........not too mention a player of Moores stature added.

I say the Bears call Calebs bluff.......
But can a black Poles, replace the leagues shining diamonds (17 black quarterbacks started this year, even though they never said half black for any of them) and replace Fields with Maye? Unanimous decision is Caleb, but have we all seen his losing record against top 25 teams? Have we all missed the Fieldsesque 162 yard average per in those games? All his highlights are against unranked opponents, how many of them are there in the NFL?
That is the choice, and either will always be compared to Fields. I dont know if you even take a flier on a mid to late round guy with what Bagent has done, or have we all seen what he cannot do to be replacing him?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bagent.....??.....no thanks.

I think the best test to see a little clearer if JF is our guy or not will be against a banged up Cle def......

And if we move from JF,yes I think Caleb will be our guy......Id be surprised if he was not.