• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Shouldn't Give Up on Fields

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Poles came in he said it would bee a 2 year rebuild. Last year was getting rid of all the big money contracts. Crazy because last year Fields looked better than he did early this year while Getsy was trying to turn him into AR. I see steady improvement in this team with most bears fans wanting to trade the first pick to build a better roster. The fact is Getsy jumped 2 positions to be OC and 'Fluce" is learning on the job also. I see a team getting better. Media wants to blame the QB1 when bears lose, but while JF1 can frustrate me I still see an amazing competitive player getting better every week despite suspect coaching
Every week teams get more tape on JF1 yet he is still getting better. Like backups that shock the world their first game and a half D adjusts and we see the ceiling quick. JF1 is a force of nature despite teams knowing what he's going to do. That the Bears aren't in the playoff's is because of 4th quarter defensive letdown. Happy new years all. I really Bears have a competent game plan for GB tomorrow.
To make some counterpoints... while we have seen improvement from our Offense here in the second half, only one win has come against a decent team. (Detroit)

The 4th quarter defensive letdowns does not tell the whole tale. The Offense has disappeared far too often in the second half, and we all know the D is bound to break at some point when the opposing offense gets so many chances with little rest for the D.

Fields really didn't look better last year, he just ran it more aggressively. And I don't blame Getsy for trying to make him more like AR. He needed visible work on his dropbacks, timing, wind-up, footwork, pocket presence, trusting his eyes, reading defenses post and pre-snap etc....point-being, he needed a BUNCH of work.

Getsy bugs the shit out of me, and Flus seems to lack that cutthroat mentality, but ultimately it's Fields that is on the field making or not making plays. If the coaching is off, than freaking audible out of the shitty plays. The perfect example was last week, in a 20-pt win, dropping back to pass with 2:02 left in the game. That was an absolute insane playcall there. Totally retarded. Literally no reason to call that there. But it was called, and Fields went ahead and did the play, and he ended up getting fucking killed and FUMBLED IT!? We ultimately recovered it, but the sheer fucking insanity of that call making it through Getsy, Flus AND Fields is concerning. That's three sets of eyes that okayed the stupidest fucking playcall I've seen in ANY game ALL SEASON.

Tomorrow will tell the tale, be it good or bad. It might not matter either way, as they may have already made up their minds, but beating the Packers and spoiling their post-season aspirations might be enough.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I would have seen the same intensity in the trenches from both teams. I still see a young confident talent that the Bears should give a 4th year to. add some O line depth and another solid WR while trading the #1 pick for the future. CW will crumble under Chicago media. Just my wishes after watching the carousel of QB's over the years.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud is making me sick......

Could Fields take a long look at how this is done.....CJ is light years ahead of JF.....
Aww man. Not just QB play. Coaching and QB. Ryans is 10 times the coach Eberflus is.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we do go qb.......ask yourselves how many starting qbs is Justin better than......not many.

Can we just have one please......just one is all I ask. :hope:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we do go qb.......ask yourselves how many starting qbs is Justin better than......not many.

I wonder if Houston would have went with Young instead of Stroud with the 1 pick if Lovie didn't win that game?

Dude may be a hero for both Chicago and Houston with that win.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We should really get some coaches that have the ability to help a qb succeed b4 wasting a draft pick on another one. JF's college numbers were much better than CJ and if they would have come out in the same draft JF would have been picked first anyhow.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should really get some coaches that have the ability to help a qb succeed b4 wasting a draft pick on another one. JF's college numbers were much better than CJ and if they would have come out in the same draft JF would have been picked first anyhow.
No, they weren’t.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should really get some coaches that have the ability to help a qb succeed b4 wasting a draft pick on another one

We will be getting a new offcoordinator.......how do you know he will be a waste.....??

All rookie qbs come in and have new coaches.....no need to worry about having a decenet coach first when you dont know how good he is to begin with.....
Passing on CW or Maye is gonna be tough in my opinion,but I get it.....would love to get what some team offers up it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww man. Not just QB play. Coaching and QB. Ryans is 10 times the coach Eberflus is.
It really is tho. Go watch tape of the two, hell even just their throwing motions. Stroud's release is so fast, it is up and out in a split second, and looks completely effortless. That throw he made where he jump-stepped up into a completely collapsing pocket, and effortlessly flicked it 25 yards on a rope...that same scenario is a fumble for Fields. His windup is atrocious and always has been. Fields is always LATE. That has NOTHING to do with the coaches. That's his inability to process information quickly.

Having said all that, I am not a huge fane of Eberflus, and was very happy to see Getsy shitcanned. My biggest complaint with Flus, is he doesn't know how to coach with a lead. He lacks that killer mentality.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can nitpick to support their argument and both sides will be right. I see JF1 improving every season despite having one of the worst supporting casts in the league. I think the smart move for the bears is to fix the roster with a center, a top WR and whatever else they can get for the first pick, then in year 4 if JF1 doesn't show enough improvement draft a new qb next year with the draft capitol from this years trade. CW doesn't have the mental toughness for all the Chicago hate that he's gonna get if he plays on this roster. I'm probably repeating myself so signing off

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can nitpick to support their argument and both sides will be right. I see JF1 improving every season despite having one of the worst supporting casts in the league. I think the smart move for the bears is to fix the roster with a center, a top WR and whatever else they can get for the first pick, then in year 4 if JF1 doesn't show enough improvement draft a new qb next year with the draft capitol from this years trade. CW doesn't have the mental toughness for all the Chicago hate that he's gonna get if he plays on this roster. I'm probably repeating myself so signing off

"We need better players all around" is a stronger argument for Williams than Fields because of the rookie contract.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We need better players all around" is a stronger argument for Williams than Fields because of the rookie contract.

Thats just the begining of the arguement.....

Im not picking anymore till I see what happens in the combine.......

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats just the begining of the arguement.....

Im not picking anymore till I see what happens in the combine.......

I feel pretty confident 1 of 2 things is happening:

We get a ridic offer for #1 and take it.

OR

We take Williams.

Something Jalen Carter-esque would have to happen to change the second one.

We are NOT taking Marvin Harrison at #1.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s frustrating that we will replace JF, who has been great off the field, with CW who seems like sissy who wears dresses and paints his finger nails. But I get it.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty confident 1 of 2 things is happening:

We get a ridic offer for #1 and take it.

OR

We take Williams.

Something Jalen Carter-esque would have to happen to change the second one.

We are NOT taking Marvin Harrison at #1.

IM pretty much in agreement MHJ wont be in Chicago and its not because we dont want him,itllbecause of Williams or one of the other two qbs.....

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s frustrating that we will replace JF, who has been great off the field, with CW who seems like sissy who wears dresses and paints his finger nails. But I get it.

Historically, 52% of #1 pick QB's have made the Super Bowl.

That's more than a coin flip.

I wouldn't give those kind of odds to Justin Fields at this point.

Dude can wear whatever he wants and have fluorescent fingernails for all I care.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh,the pic I seen I believe is photoshopped.....

The fingernail thing is dare to be different.......college kid shit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem here, is that we won't be in a position like this again. It's amazing that we are here for the second year in a row. There won't be a third, and no amount of capital we may hypothetically gain this year, will be enough to secure this position again.

Between that, and the contract situations, I just don't see how they can stay pat.