• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle of the bads- Rangers vs tigers 05/07-05/09

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a stronger and more reasonable case can be made that IKF needs more time in AAA.

Uh yeah! Let him get some time at catcher down there too. If by some miracle our pitchers can go deep in games and pen not burnt to shreds and we somehow are contending for final spot then yes bring IKF back up. Guy is obvious keeper but more work is needed. Agree

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves to shine and he does

I read where DDJ was working with Calhoun which bodes well for him. Also Profar spending time with Beltre

Funny how both are in a good place. DDJ has a good head on his shoulders. Good hearted too. Read where he had to throw differently. Like an outfielder vs 2Nd baseman

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Beltre, Elvis, Odor, Profar and IKF are all here, what do you suggest. Surely it is not either sending Odor to AAA in this tryout season?
IKF can play multiple positions 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, C and all 3 OF positions so use him and Profar as your ultimate utility combo and send Nunez, Robinson and Rua down. you have your starting 8 with Chirinos at C, Guzman at 1st, Odor at 2nd, Andrus at SS, Beltre at 3rd with Gallo, DeShields and Mazara in the outfield. Choo at DH. Perez C, Profar and IKF your bench

Last edited:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to see if Odor can rebound. This board was just as faithless in Gallo last year. Way too much knee jerking IMO
I think we are several months past the outer fringes of the knee jerk stage. The number if AB that Joey had at that time compared to how many Odor has now is not even remotely close.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKF can play multiple positions 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, C and all 3 OF positions so use him and Profar as your ultimate utility combo and send Nunez, Robinson and Rua down. you have your starting 8 with Chirinos at C, Guzman at 1st, Odor at 2nd, Andrus at SS, Beltre at 3rd with Gallo, DeShields and Mazara in the outfield. Choo at DH. Perez C, Profar and IKF your bench
IFK needs additional development in AAA.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well

I guess people like the dodgers trade.

I like the giants trade for Bengie Molina even better.

I hope we make a lot of deals this year tho. I just hope we don’t trade anyone to the Astros and help them repeat.
I don't care who we trade with. Usually the team giving up prospects is worse off long term so it would be even better to trade with the Astros I would think.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Beltre, Elvis, Odor, Profar and IKF are all here, what do you suggest. Surely it is not either sending Odor to AAA in this tryout season?
Profar should play before Odor.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IFK needs additional development in AAA.
For me IKF plays so many positions that additional development in his case is much different than most players.If he is just going to sit on the bench when everyone gets back or we were in a pennant race I would agree with you. But if he gets playing time then I am okay with letting him stay up and play with how things are this season. So my main reason is not so much development but playing time. And I think that is going to drop way off soon.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late for that. lol
HA! No kidding. I was ready for this type of season when it began. I am just enjoying watching us retool with our young position players. If we can just get some pitching it will be back. But not this year.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are several months past the outer fringes of the knee jerk stage. The number if AB that Joey had at that time compared to how many Odor has now is not even remotely close.

He had one bad year and this year is about development. Let him try the whole year. But I would like to keep Profar. Changing mind on whether he can play 3rd base. Like to see Profar get full year of playing time too

Also Odor is younger than most guys in minors (AA)

Yes We need more contact guys. I am ok with Gallo and Odor being the sluggers but they need to learn how to make contact with 2 strikes late in the game. Let them learn in the majors

So dumping and giving up on Odor is knee jerk. Difference of opinion

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me IKF plays so many positions that additional development in his case is much different than most players.If he is just going to sit on the bench when everyone gets back or we were in a pennant race I would agree with you. But if he gets playing time then I am okay with letting him stay up and play with how things are this season. So my main reason is not so much development but playing time. And I think that is going to drop way off soon.

He needs regular playing time and IKF is not going to get in in the majors with a full roster. Yes that is the development. Defense is ok to do in minors but obviously he is not overmatched by MLB pitching so would be better to stay up if that is all he needed

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one bad year and this year is about development. Let him try the whole year. But I would like to keep Profar. Changing mind on whether he can play 3rd base. Like to see Profar get full year of playing time too

Also Odor is younger than most guys in minors (AA)

Yes We need more contact guys. I am ok with Gallo and Odor being the sluggers but they need to learn how to make contact with 2 strikes late in the game. Let them learn in the majors

So dumping and giving up on Odor is knee jerk. Difference of opinion
He has only had a handful of good months in his career.

Where do you play Profar and Odor if you want each to get playing time?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm all for Odor eating some humble pie, its worked before, I'd say out of Profar, IKF and Odor, he has the most to work on at the plate and defensively

He'll get his chance when he comes off the DL but once Beltre and definitely Andrus come off, all bets are off, only because has things he has to work on too and all that money Odor is getting

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nunez will have to be DFA'd so thats probably why that hasn't happened yet

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or, the Rangers will find out who is interested and ask Beltre if he would veto any of them and go from there. If a contender is interested and they have a legitimate shot then Beltre would most likely rather finish the last few weeks of the season with that team than stay here.