• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back up PG and Back PF

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are our options at this point?

I was watching NBA TV, and apparently Calderon signed a 4 year team to go to DAL?

Realistically, what can we really get, a 2nd/3rd tier player at best? I was listening TO Marc Spears on KNBR, and he suggested Ryan Hollins from Flop City.

KMart, Jamison, Jermaine O'neal?

AK47, Millsapp, are probably out of our price range.

In terms of smalls,

Nate Robinson? Luke Ridinour out there? (seems like he's a FA everyear), Steve Blake?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What are our options at this point?

I was watching NBA TV, and apparently Calderon signed a 4 year team to go to DAL?

Realistically, what can we really get, a 2nd/3rd tier player at best? I was listening TO Marc Spears on KNBR, and he suggested Ryan Hollins from Flop City.

KMart, Jamison, Jermaine O'neal?

AK47, Millsapp, are probably out of our price range.

In terms of smalls,

Nate Robinson? Luke Ridinour out there? (seems like he's a FA everyear), Steve Blake?

What I want: Darren Collison or Beno Udrih at point and Millsap at PF.

What I expect: Jamaal Tinsley/Mike James type of player at point. Maxiell/DeJuan Blair at PF. I figure if I set my sights low, I cannot be disappointed.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Millsap has already agreed to a 2 year, $19M deal with Atlanta.

I'm suspecting that there's something dramatic and unexpected coming. (Like we haven't had enough of that today.)

Something like our trading Lee for a passable starting PF on a better contract, and also getting some depth.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford, Korver, Millsap in ATL?

Not sure where Josh Smith fits into that picture, I'm guessing he finds his way out of town there?

Problem with lowering your expectations is that folks always find a way to limbo below those, I keep telling my bosses that at work, they don't listen to me there either...

For some reason, I see Mo Williams ending up on the Dubs somehow now, I know we can't overpay due to league rules, but we could always give him a 3 year deal or something outrageous.

Wake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little more worried about C vs. PF, as Barnes is going to get minutes at the four.

Trade exception? (Did they have to renounce prior to signing Iguodala?)
Spencer Hawes
Varejao
Jameer Nelson
Dragic or Gortat

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a little more worried about C vs. PF, as Barnes is going to get minutes at the four.

Trade exception? (Did they have to renounce prior to signing Iguodala?)
Spencer Hawes
Varejao
Jameer Nelson
Dragic or Gortat

Nelson might be a little short to play C.

(Yeah, I know..... just messing with you......)

Wake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson might be a little short to play C.

(Yeah, I know..... just messing with you......)

Dragic too!

If MT2 is correct, and the Warriors have trade exceptions, I'm presuming Iguodala was a S&T via the Utah deal?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford, Korver, Millsap in ATL?

Not sure where Josh Smith fits into that picture, I'm guessing he finds his way out of town there?

Problem with lowering your expectations is that folks always find a way to limbo below those, I keep telling my bosses that at work, they don't listen to me there either...

For some reason, I see Mo Williams ending up on the Dubs somehow now, I know we can't overpay due to league rules, but we could always give him a 3 year deal or something outrageous.

Josh Smith is supposedly going to Houston to make Dwight happy. It was supposedly one of the reasons Dwight chose the Rockets.

The Hawks are supposedly going to get Asik and Lin for him.

And I hope it happens because Josh Smith is not the hotshot superstar everybody thinks he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Collison and Draymond Green? I would worry about the Green/Ezeli combo in crucial games, but as many posters have pointed out, Barnes will get some time at the 4 when it's beneficial to go small (and Green might be shorter than Barnes... just plays a little bigger :)). The next couple weeks just got a lot more interesting for Warriors' fans. Really stoked on the direction.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State is tough and the fans have a lot to get excited about. Hopefully Bogut remains healthy for you guys.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Golden State is tough and the fans have a lot to get excited about. Hopefully Bogut remains healthy for you guys.

We hope so too. When Bogut is on the floor, the team has a nasty streak and they are fun to watch. Unfortunately, the big Aussie is about as fragile as one of baseball's Drew brothers.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Josh Smith signed with Detroit for 56 million. The Pistons got robbed big time.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on here?

Didn't the Owners just lock the players out a season ago due to high salaries? They are just giving it away.

Poor D12, didn't get JSmooth to come to HOU with him. Apparently he can leave in 2016? How soon will he start complaining about his lack of support down south?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Houston will be very good and Dwight will have nothing to complain about. They just need a few more pieces and they are a contender.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collison off the board

Charles Jenkins anyone? I'm sure a 2 years, vet minimum contract would suit him jus fine?

1st year 1 mil
2nd year, team option 1 mil?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CJ Watson and Odom would be good fits for the warriors. Watson brings defense that curry lacks and warriors will miss from Jack. Odom can stretch the floor and can play 3 positions, giving more versatility in putting out line ups.

Im hearing warriors are after O'Neal? Does he have anything left to contribute?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odom

Even though Odom played in all 82 games last year, he's a shadow of what he once was.

I'm not even sure I would consider playing him in a position other than the 4 at this point.

He doesn't have the speed to stay in front of the quicker 3's in the league, he doesn't have the strength or skillset to guard most 5's.

LO was a beast back in the day, but 13 years later he's not really a standout player anymore.

However for the right price, I'd still take him on the team. He can stand there for 10 mins while D.Lee rests up.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver agreed on a three year $15M deal with Hickson.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several other teams have expressed interest in Kaman, including Golden State, Atlanta, Sacramento and New York, sources said.

Y! SPORTS