• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AZ @ Michigan

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you type "bear down" and then press "enter" the first listing will be a wiki page about bear down as the arizona motto. FACT

and the next 20 links ==> all chicago

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect. Google "Bear Down" and the first link listed is to the Wikipedia page for Arizona's moto: Bear Down.

If you don't have the time to read it, it has to do with the QB and student body president on his death bed after a car accident telling his coach to tell the team to bear down.

You can make fun of it all you want for the Arizona "Wildcats" using the moto Bear Down... but just know that when you do it is you who looks like a fool.

at the end of the day......

it was chicago that made that chant famous not arizona

kinda like michigan with the winged helmet ==> we didnt invent it, but we made it famous.....

hence it is ours

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way.....

type bear down in google and it shows up as "bear down chicago bears"

Hey John. Michigan played one hell of a game. Made shots they should have missed, got points from players who normally don't contribute as much as they did tonight and played in a crazy home court environment. Yet they still lost while connecting 47% of their three pointers. Maybe you should just stop arguing and admit Arizona is a great team.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey John. Michigan played one hell of a game. Made shots they should have missed, got points from players who normally don't contribute as much as they did tonight and played in a crazy home court environment. Yet they still lost while connecting 47% of their three pointers. Maybe you should just stop arguing and admit Arizona is a great team.

i will admit AZ is a great team if they can go the next 10 games without having to pull out a nail biteing win

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I heard my Cardiac Cats are back ! Lol. Great win! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BearDown&amp;src=hash">#BearDown</a></p>&mdash; Kevin Parrom (@KevinParrom3) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinParrom3/statuses/411936946651283456">December 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the end of the day......

it was chicago that made that chant famous not arizona

kinda like michigan with the winged helmet ==> we didnt invent it, but we made it famous.....

hence it is ours

"Famous"?

So first you said that Arizona was copying everyone else... and now that you have decicively been proven to be mistaken, you have flipped your "argument" to who "made it famous"?

The moto Bear Down has nothing to do with marketing for us. It has to do with giving it everything that you've got. Clearly you have missed the point, again.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Famous"?

So first you said that Arizona was copying everyone else... and now that you have decicively been proven to be mistaken, you have flipped your "argument" to who "made it famous"?

The moto Bear Down has nothing to do with marketing for us. It has to do with giving it everything that you've got. Clearly you have missed the point, again.

just saying its a stupid chant and it always makes me think of cincy or chicago whenever yall do it

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will admit AZ is a great team if they can go the next 10 games without having to pull out a nail biteing win

Haha wow and the award for the person with the "highest unreasonable expectations" goes to you my friend.

Zona_Men

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying its a stupid chant and it always makes me think of cincy or chicago whenever yall do it

Well if you understood the story behind it, you wouldn't think it was stupid.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha wow and the award for the person with the "highest unreasonable expectations" goes to you my friend.

well so far in the season they have had to pull 3 wins totally out of their ass. if they can win by......i dunno TWO SCORES ==> id give them a little bit of credit

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following year, the University of Arizona student body stole the slogan "Bear Down" from the professional football team the Chicago Bears to use for all Wildcat athletic teams.

from wikipedia ^^^^^

:lol::10::omg: