• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Average Joe's Quick Slant

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hail:
I bow to you Bandit.

Been home sick all day.
You guys made my day.

BTW: I've almost narrowed down my opening suicide pick - it's down to 6 guys now.

Actually I think it's a Joe brainer. You really should go with the Joe. Most experts say you should take a running back, but Joe what, what the hell do they Joe anyway? Pick whoever you want and make them all eat Joe. You're more of a fantasy Joe than any of them. Joe them all what your made of and maybe some day you'll be rolling the same fat Joe that they are. Okay I swear I'm done, Joe more jokes.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an effort to be more controversial, here's the 2017 ALL DUD TEAM.
Yep, an entire team of players being drafted way too early.
No way that their fantasy numbers coincide with their ADP.
As usual, please share/comment. Tell me I'm crazy.

The 2017 Fantasy Football All Dud Team

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to say you are crazy, but the 'DUD' title seems a bit harsh for those listed. I pretty much agree that only a couple may live up to their June ADP - but there are only a couple (barring injury) that will be actual duds (by my definition).
I actually think Winston does finish top 12 - just based on the weapons added.
As for the RB's, I currently have them ranked 15th and 28th overall, respectively - so agree the ADP denoted is too high. WR's, I think Cooks and Cobb both have a good chance to grossly under-perform, or they could be what they have in the past. Much like the example of Thomas (who I think still does well this season with Cooks gone), both are in situations where the targets will be harder to come by.
BTW - where did you get the ADP's from ?? Just wondering since fantasypro tells a different story (ex, D. Murray has an 11.7 ADP - that is unless you just counted the RB's before him in your number - in which case your number would be correct).

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the adp from fantasy pros but on the adp tab.
It listed the average of Yahoo, CBS and someone else I think.

Good feedback. I figure this is a list where not everyone agrees which is fine.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its well written, but just like any bust list it is boring unless you go way out on a limb...

I think another experiment you can do for a bust list is to take one player from each round based on ADP... You can skip Defense and kicker, as nobody cares to read about them...
and make a team that way...

you can probably even skip TE and QB... really the only thing readers care about is WRs and RBs... Unless it is a 2 QB or 2 TE league...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any bust list it is boring unless you go way out on a limb...

I think another experiment you can do for a bust list is to take one player from each round based on ADP... You can skip Defense and kicker, as nobody cares to read about them...

I would say that zeroing on guys ranked 9, 7, 7, 7 and 9 for their respective position is going out on a limb. :noidea:

I like the round idea. I'll have to add that to my list of possible subjects.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="averagejoe, post: 10103235, member: 4287"]I got the adp from fantasy pros but on the adp tab.
Good feedback. I figure this is a list where not everyone agrees which is fine.[/QUOTE]

I see that - you went by position, I went by overall. I think overall when I think ADP. ... so as to get a feel for when a guy normally goes in drafts including other positions as well. .... for those who think like me - it could be a little misleading. In the QB example, for instance, you stated Winston as the 9 QB taken that is clear, and made similar statement for WR.
It's no biggy, just me being anal - perhaps I should have assumed the same for RB since the others were based on positional draft position.

ps - with the way MBBRL favors RB's 11.7 overall is probably about right for Murray - although that would likely equate to the 9-10th RB taken. ....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the adp from fantasy pros but on the adp tab.

Good feedback. I figure this is a list where not everyone agrees which is fine.

you didn't mention the curse of Fitz for Winston as the reason he will bust... fear the beard!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can buy most of it but not cooks. I'll be shocked if he doesn't hit a thousand yards. I also don't see any value in excluding moss Edelman and welker. Cooks is at least as talented as Edelman and welker. And belicheck has traded a #1 pick for him and called him a "true #1 receiver". I don't see him behind Edelman on the pecking order and while gronk is the true #1 in that offense there will be plenty of yards touchdowns and targets to go around especially for somebody as talented as Cooks.

Of course I'm nitpicking that one part. Overall I enjoyed it and agree with a lot of what you wrote. :suds:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, I gotta catch up; good article, Joe! Amazingly, I found myself agreeing with most choices, the exceptions being Winston (and I am biased here to a point; been waiting for him and not gonna give up now) and Michael Thomas (that kid just has too much goin' on to be a bust).

It pains me to agree about Kyle Rudolph, but I fear for the Vikings this year...I see a major step back followed by another round of growing pains in our future. :tsk::tsk::tsk:

Anyway, good article!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe , if you find yourself struggling for an article, I have been pondering a question...

"How many times did you say ouch?"

Julio Jones is awesome. If you drafted him last year, you said ouch 7 times...

Taking the top *number* pre-draft/finishes for RB and WR.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done - left you guys an ata'boy for both. ... one comment to QB ranks - just feel Cam is too high. IMO - Not gonna be running as much and an average passer at best. ....
I did consider that too, Lefty. But ultimately had to lean with the totally, NON-statistical premise that Cam just can't help himself. He's been running his whole football life. More of a habit to him than an option.

if you find yourself struggling for an article, I have been pondering a question...

"How many times did you say ouch?"
Love it.
But I might be done writing this preseason? Rankings are in the works.
I'll jot it down.