• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Average Joe's Quick Slant

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love evans but i think he is being vastly over drafted at #4 wr, TY hilton should drop due to lucks injury

Theres a typo on cooke(cooks) and davarte adams

kinda shocked joe that u have jarvis landry at #12 yes he catches yards, but hes always lean in td's

what do you guys mean by davante adams is a bankable #2 wr, when most #1 wr are still on the board? why take a #2 when the #1's are still there?

good article

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys mean by davante adams is a bankable #2 wr, when most #1 wr are still on the board? why take a #2 when the #1's are still there?
I'm the one who said Adams was bankable. My view is that Adams as the WR2 in GB will outproduce many starting WR1 on other teams.

You may be right about Hilton, Evans and Landry.
But my man crush on them won't let them drop.

Hilton still had nearly 1200 yards in 2015 when Luck missed half the season.
And Landry may not be flashy but he is consistent. I'm a big fan of consistency over potential.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the one who said Adams was bankable. My view is that Adams as the WR2 in GB will outproduce many starting WR1 on other teams.

You may be right about Hilton, Evans and Landry.
But my man crush on them won't let them drop.

Hilton still had nearly 1200 yards in 2015 when Luck missed half the season.
And Landry may not be flashy but he is consistent. I'm a big fan of consistency over potential.
So you mean WR2 for NFL terms and not fantasy terms, I agree that he could put up really good numbers again.

Some people use the terms differently between NFL and fantasy so it can be confusing. I know @SteelersPride and I had a similar issue when discussing a trade a while back in PMs.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you mean WR2 for NFL terms and not fantasy terms, I agree that he could put up really good numbers again.

Some people use the terms differently between NFL and fantasy so it can be confusing. I know @SteelersPride and I had a similar issue when discussing a trade a while back in PMs.

I understand how it may be confusing.
Trying not to add to it.
But Adams is a WR2 in both aspects. 2nd on GB and most likely the 2nd WR drafted on a fantasy squad.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand how it may be confusing.
Trying not to add to it.
But Adams is a WR2 in both aspects. 2nd on GB and most likely the 2nd WR drafted on a fantasy squad.
agreed

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah that was my confusion

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR are a different animal. Especially when you only need to start two.

imo, there is Brown and Beckham (barely, I go back and forth with him).... and then everybody else!

One example, last year was Crabtree. I can't remember when I drafted him in KOTF, but it was middle-late, then spent a couple months trying to move him, thinking "he won't keep this up".... trying to "upgrade". Thing is, there's just no such thing ........usually. Weekly waivers are always ripe with potential in 2-WR leagues.

Now, Mike Evans is a big example of why to take a chance on some of the early picks, but the chance of him repeating last year's totals are statistically slim.

Thing is, if you drafted Julio last year you were disgusted 7 times... I think he missed two games, so he was a dud in 5 out of 14 weeks.... that's a big no-no for a first round pick for me. bye bye Julio.

I used to love the 'stud WR/loads of RB' strategy... but I just can't do it anymore.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no steelers respect

200.webp

I ranked them higher than the other 4.
I also picked them as a breakout candidate.

BTW... I tried a new calculation this year.
I factored the prowess of each offense as far as yards and points (and a couple other categories), then I ranked the best to worst.
Then I took these rankings and popped them into each NFL team's schedule.
Steelers play the against the 7th worst offenses (on average) this year.
Which is another way of saying their defensive schedule is easy. Or should be.

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, good work. Left comments on both. ....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.webp

I ranked them higher than the other 4.
I also picked them as a breakout candidate.

BTW... I tried a new calculation this year.
I factored the prowess of each offense as far as yards and points (and a couple other categories), then I ranked the best to worst.
Then I took these rankings and popped them into each NFL team's schedule.
Steelers play the against the 7th worst offenses (on average) this year.
Which is another way of saying their defensive schedule is easy. Or should be.
they gonna be good

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, Mike Evans is a big example of why to take a chance on some of the early picks, but the chance of him repeating last year's totals are statistically slim.

Thing is, if you drafted Julio last year you were disgusted 7 times... I think he missed two games, so he was a dud in 5 out of 14 weeks.... that's a big no-no for a first round pick for me. bye bye Julio

These are two great comments; I love both of these guys, but I can see why anyone would be skeptical of either.

Format (especially Milkian formats!) considered, the only WRs I would think about drafting in the first round would be Brown or Beckham.

In the second? Gimme Gimme Gimme either one of 'em.