• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avengers 4: Endgame (2019)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And a second nice congratulatory message from James Cameron for Avengers 4: Endgame taking over the all-time worldwide box office record from Avatar:

James Cameron said:
Oel ngati kameie, I see you Marvel--

Congratulations to Avengers Endgame on becoming the new box-office king.

Jim Cameron

EAEyaktWwAAJBHP.jpg:small

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russo Brothers thank James Cameron for the congratulations:

Russo Brothers said:
To @JimCameron- you're a monumental reason why we fell in love with film in the first place. Thank you for always inspiring us and opening the world’s eyes to what’s possible. We can't wait to see where you take us next... [Terminator] "Holy Sh*t!!!" [Aliens] "Holy Sh*t!!!" [Titanic] "Holy Sh*t!!!" [Avatar] "Holy Sh*t!!!"

EAFkKv1UEAEYwRd

EAFkKvyVUAEYAo0

EAFkKwEUwAACQ6D

EAFkKwCUEAAb9gV

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upcoming (Tuesday, August 13, 2019) home video release promo "The Avengers Honor Tony Stark" deleted scene:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw Endgame... Loved it. Lot of forced plot points but it felt like a very satisfying send-off to many of the original Avengers. And I don't care much for the time travel aspects as they present too many questions. However if you simply ignore some factual things then it's great popcorn entertainment. Biggest problems that I had were the Hulk character (WHAT A FREAKIN DISAPPOINTMENT THAT WAS), and quite honestly the girl-power assemble moment. Both felt cringe-worthy.

Not sure what they have in store for some of these characters... But some of my thoughts:

Thor... Teaming up with GOTG seems like an awesome idea. But I didn't really connect with any motive he had for the sudden change? What did I miss? They spent a lot of time building up Thor to lead his people, and now he deserts them leaving Valkyrie in charge? Yea it works, but felt like we needed more there.

GOTG... Obviously they setup the next film to search for Gamora, but feels like it would be an exhaustive story if they panned it out. Give it a quick 10-15min into to GOTG3 and then be done with it & refocus. Still going to be my most anticipated superhero film, even before we figured out Thor was onboard.

Falcon... Cap's send-off felt like a backburner story to IronMan. But I get it, IronMan started it all. Hence the post-credits clanging noises and all the character arc focus on Tony. But the nod to the comics with handing off the shield took a giant leap of faith. The evidence is there to bridge Falcon's character, but a lot of people won't necessarily agree with it until they do the digging themselves. I like what the future of the Falcon character, but I feel like there is a lot that could possibly go wrong with his presentation or story arc.

Black Panther... Nice & subtle tip of the cap to a possible Namor entrance into the MCU with the underwater earthquakes dialogue. Didn't care for how quickly Okoye was able to take out the Goblin dude (whatever his name was) when she's always been sort of a pushover before this. But when T'Challa made his entrance onto the battle field it felt like a monumental "passing of the torch" scene when him & Cap had an emotional stare-off before the battle commenced. Feels like this is a good message because who else would be capable of handling the 'captain' duties of the Avengers? T'Challa is a great character to move into that role.

Antman... Not sure where they go with this character from here, whether they do or not. Because honestly they capped his storyline just right so nothing more needs done. But what to do if they want to cap Antman with a trilogy? Well, even though the quantum realm was crucial to previous films, it still feels relatively unexplored.

Cpt Marvel... Still don't care for this character. Everything about this character feels forced into the story, and awfully convenient. Could have done without this character altogether honestly.

Probably forgetting about some characters but oh well... Again, loved this film. Top 3-4 in the MCU for me.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Infinity Saga Collector's Edition Box Set cover art by Matt Ferguson:

ixwnprx9x5r31.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the real and if so will it be available by Christmas?

Yes, The Infinity Saga Collector's Edition Box Set will contain all 23 MCU films and many extras and special features for $549.99 and be released on Friday, November 15, 2019, in time for Christmas gifting. :thumb:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Infinity Saga Collector's Edition Box Set will contain all 23 MCU films and many extras and special features for $549.99 and be released on November 15, 2019, in time for Christmas gifting. :thumb:

550? Daaaaaaaaamn. Doing a quick search and some math, its actually more expensive to buy the box set than it would be to buy them individually. It's rough 24 dollars per movie in the box set. Most stand alone movies cost 20 to 22 bucks.

Wonder if any place will discount it on a Black Friday type sale

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched endgame again. Why didn’t Captain Marvel use the infinity gauntlet? She could’ve ended the whole thing and survived while iron man lived on...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it first time. Where did she go?
She had other more pressing needs in the universe I guess. But, she had the gauntlet. She could’ve snapped Thanos and his minions out of existence pretty easily.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She had other more pressing needs in the universe I guess. But, she had the gauntlet. She could’ve snapped Thanos and his minions out of existence pretty easily.

You should watch it again. She couldn't Snap because she didn't have the Gauntlet. She was trying to grab it from Thanos, and he blasted her far away with the Power Stone.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should watch it again. She couldn't Snap because she didn't have the Gauntlet. She was trying to grab it from Thanos, and he blasted her far away with the Power Stone.
She was carrying it across the battlefield. Her, Spider-Man, black panther, and Hawkeye had it at one point.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was carrying it across the battlefield. Her, Spider-Man, black panther, and Hawkeye had it at one point.

Sorry, my mistake; I thought we were talking about after the destruction of the quantum tunnel.

You're absolutely right that she did have it earlier, at the time that the plan was to try to carry it to the quantum tunnel in the van to send it away to the past. None of them were thinking of using the Gauntlet at that time.

Snapping was Iron Man's desperation strategy only later, after Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel, because it seemed unlikely that whoever Snapped could survive it. I mean, Hulk has that whole speech about how only he might survive the extreme gamma radiation because of being a gamma creation himself, and even Hulk ended up with a ruined, scarred arm. Thanos also had a ruined arm and permanent scars after Snapping.

Could Captain Marvel have survived Snapping? Maybe; she has a really high power level, but she's not a gamma creature herself, and even if she did survive, she would likely have suffered severe injury and been scarred like Hulk and Thanos. At that time, though, she was just following the plan the other Avengers had of getting the Gauntlet to the quantum tunnel.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched endgame again. Why didn’t Captain Marvel use the infinity gauntlet? She could’ve ended the whole thing and survived while iron man lived on...

because that isn't the scenario that Doctor Strange gave up his life for. He wanted just Tony to die.... he was jealous.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because that isn't the scenario that Doctor Strange gave up his life for. He wanted just Tony to die.... he was jealous.
come on, he saw that Tony wanted out of the franchise.