• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Avengers 3: Infinity War (2018)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thread, but anyone else notice the

RED WEDDING

parallels?

Hey Marvel audiences, you've just been GRRM'ed.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen the movie yet, but I am thinking that Dr. Strange is going to use the Time Stone to bring back those that died and they will fight Thanos over and over until they beat him. If Thanos or Dr. Strange already died just disregard this post.

Dr. Strange is dead, however, he ALSO went forward and watched the 'millions' plus endings that could play out (guess he did it and then reversed time doing it), and there was only 1 way to 'win,' I'm assuming which involves by first 'losing.'

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Epic movie. Great story.

How can they kill so many of the new faces, including the box office champ Black Panther? I'm guessing that they will find a way to bring at least some of them back, but I hope they do it in a way that doesn't feel like a trick and doesn't cheapen this movie.

BTW, DC, this is how you make a world destroying villain. Thanos was great.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can they kill so many of the new faces, including the box office champ Black Panther? I'm guessing that they will find a way to bring at least some of them back, but I hope they do it in a way that doesn't feel like a trick and doesn't cheapen this movie.

On this question, my earlier post:

I'm almost certain what's going to happen in Avengers 4 is that the time stone is going to be used to reverse ONLY the deaths done with the "half the universe" snap, but NOT the deaths before that.

So that means Dr. Strange, Black Panther, and Spider-Man will be back for their movie sequels ---- but characters that died before the snap like Heimdall, Loki, and Vision really are permanently dead.

I'm not as sure about Gamora even though she was an earlier death, due to the unusual circumstances of her death as a sacrifice for the Mind Stone, due to the foreshadowing where Thanos sees a child version of her at the end, and because I think the movie studio will want her back because they would otherwise be missing a well-known female lead for Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the movie yet. Should I wait until next year and just watch them back to back?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by my recollection, who we have left:
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Black Widow
Hulk
Rocket
Nebula
War Machine
Wong
Hawkeye
Will take on his alter ego in the next film
Okoye
Ant Man
Wasp
Captain Marvel

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen the movie yet, but I am thinking that Dr. Strange is going to use the Time Stone to bring back those that died and they will fight Thanos over and over until they beat him. If Thanos or Dr. Strange already died just disregard this post.

Never tell...

giphy.gif

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does what happen at the end of the movie happen in the comics??

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Deadpool 2.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does what happen at the end of the movie happen in the comics??

Yes, sort of...:

The Snap that wipes out half the universe is the most iconic scene from the most famous Thanos storyline. However, the heroes affected and leading the fight against Thanos were vastly different in the comics, with the superhero leads being Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer instead of the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy as in the film.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a waste of an awesome fight scene with the villain to have such an awful script because MCU needs to add in....too lazy for spoiler tags.

Giving it a C+.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thread, but anyone else notice the

RED WEDDING

parallels?

Hey Marvel audiences, you've just been GRRM'ed.

Other way around: Jim Starlin wrote the Snap (1991) almost a decade before George R. R. Martin wrote the Red Wedding (2000). ;)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how much of a tool they made Star Lord. Every time they need something stupid to happen its because 'Love' and you see that cliche plot device multiple times in a movie and it turns to crap.

The actual fight with the Aliens on Wakanda where Proxima Midnight, Big dude and Sneaky dude attacked with the alien swarm was dumb as hell. They had a bottleneck and ranged weapons. They dont need to Braveheart in there like idiots. They could just sat in a defensive position and wiped out all of the enemies at the entry point.

But seriously....Star Lord knocking off Mantis is epically stupid. Actually making it like the comics held the movie back. We didn't need another movie. They could've wrapped it up. The fight with Iron Man, Dr Strange, Thanos, Star Lord, Mantis and Drax was fantastic. There won't be a better way to end it. Nebula? GTFO. Captain Marvel? I get that Superwoman has lots of fans and is too big to leave out but there isnt a way thats going to be better. Adam Warlock could be cool.

I get why the critics are pretty split on this. I'm fairly geeky and I'm split on it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, sort of...:

The Snap that wipes out half the universe is the most iconic scene from the most famous Thanos storyline. However, the heroes affected and leading the fight against Thanos were vastly different in the comics, with the superhero leads being Adam Warlock and Silver Surfer instead of the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy as in the film.

Ahhh thanks

So them being whiped out is reffered to as the Snap? I don’t read comics so I’ve never heard of Warlock and while I know Silver Surfer didn’t know he had a group of his own.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh thanks

So them being whiped out is reffered to as the Snap? I don’t read comics so I’ve never heard of Warlock and while I know Silver Surfer didn’t know he had a group of his own.

Yep, the wipeout is called the Snap because it happens when Thanos snapped his fingers. Silver Surfer didn't have a permanent team of his own. It was a temporary wide coalition of most major Marvel heroes, including the Avengers, but what I meant was that the leaders of the coalition, and the characters with the largest parts in the storyline, were Warlock and Surfer. The Avengers had only a small role in the original comics storyline, and the Guardians of the Galaxy did not yet exist at that time.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the wipeout is called the Snap because it happens when Thanos snapped his fingers. Silver Surfer didn't have a permanent team of his own. It was a temporary wide coalition of most major Marvel heroes, including the Avengers, but what I meant was that the leaders of the coalition, and the characters with the largest parts in the storyline, were Warlock and Surfer. The Avengers had only a small role in the original comics storyline, and the Guardians of the Galaxy did not yet exist at that time.

Gotcha. And it’s having all the stones that allows him to just mass dissolve people? Ha.How do they all return in the comics?