• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assassin's Creed Unity

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't bought the new system yet as I'm still deciding between PS4 & Xbox One. But I was curious if there was anyone on here that has tried the new AC? Thoughts/opinions? I've been a long time fan of the game and I'm very eager to get started on it.

:suds:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I game share with my buddy on Xbox One... "we" have it...but I havent played it yet. Got it for $40 when the digital code was on ebay.

I've been holding off on playing it until Ubisoft gets everything hashed out with it. I dont feel like having my whole progress wiped b/c of a bug. No thank you.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty good but it can be glitchy. I've played a mission with a friend where I got stuck in the middle of a wall the whole time. They definitely make you play the missions with a higher degree of stealth than I have played in the previous games.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, Unity was really broken and buggy at launch but Ubisoft has supposedly released patches to fix it.

I gave up the AC franchise though. Last one I played was AC 3 (the 5th game in the series). I just got fed up with constant bait and switch with the main story line and also from repetitive gameplay. It just became too obvious they didn't care enough to make quality games anymore but only about dragging things out with yearly releases to make more money

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, Unity was really broken and buggy at launch but Ubisoft has supposedly released patches to fix it.

I gave up the AC franchise though. Last one I played was AC 3 (the 5th game in the series). I just got fed up with constant bait and switch with the main story line and also from repetitive gameplay. It just became too obvious they didn't care enough to make quality games anymore but only about dragging things out with yearly releases to make more money

That has always been the biggest knock against the franchise though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started the game last week... Have to say... Lovin' it so far. I don't see how they didn't come up with the controlled descent (RT+B) until this game... That shit would have saved countless hours of my life from the previous games.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished it about a week ago and thought it was a let down. Assassin's Creed IV was by far the best game in the series, but for some reason they decided to take out everything that was good about it when they made Unity.

The sailing mechanic is gone and they didn't replace it with anything interesting. The map is smaller, the side missions are glorified fetch quests, and the controls somehow got worse. You can't run around in a building without accidentally climbing on top of a lamp or something. Visually everything was cool, but the gameplay and story were just meh.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only about 30% through and I definitely know what you're talking about... I loved ACIV. This one reminds me a lot more of the Ezio series of AC, but more limited. I first read that this was the largest city they had ever made, but I don't agree... It's not that big. It's definitely more condensed and populated, which is frustrating to maneuver through. I like how it returned to the stealth aspect though. Sailing the seas and all that was more about power & weapons. I like the tactical side of the game where you have to plan out all your moves and it gives you the opportunities to get through entire missions without encountering a shit ton of resistance. But of course its all about personal preference. So far I would have to say this one rivals the Ezio series but doesn't beat it. So I'd have to put it somewhere near the bottom of the list of AC's.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only about 30% through and I definitely know what you're talking about... I loved ACIV. This one reminds me a lot more of the Ezio series of AC, but more limited. I first read that this was the largest city they had ever made, but I don't agree... It's not that big. It's definitely more condensed and populated, which is frustrating to maneuver through. I like how it returned to the stealth aspect though. Sailing the seas and all that was more about power & weapons. I like the tactical side of the game where you have to plan out all your moves and it gives you the opportunities to get through entire missions without encountering a shit ton of resistance. But of course its all about personal preference. So far I would have to say this one rivals the Ezio series but doesn't beat it. So I'd have to put it somewhere near the bottom of the list of AC's.

I'd probably put it below IV, III and Brotherhood but at about the same level as Revelations. I never played the first one, and hardly touched the second so I can't really rate those

The other thing that really bummed me out about this game was the lack of competitive multiplayer. The online co-op just doesn't do it for me.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll finally have it tomorrow. Not expecting much but I'm sure it will get me by until the order:1886 comes out next month

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just as entertaining as they always have been... But I wish they didn't completely remove the naval aspect.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to ditch all this locksmith skill bullshit for opening these chests

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven't found the time to finish this sumbitch

I'm only about 65% through the campaign but 75-80% through all the side missions. Already 5 gold stars though. And I've only done probably 2 or 3 multiplayer missions.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven't found the time to finish this sumbitch

I'm only about 65% through the campaign but 75-80% through all the side missions. Already 5 gold stars though. And I've only done probably 2 or 3 multiplayer missions.

I think i'm on sequence 9 or 10. Have gotten all the enigmas, and am working on all the murder mysteries. Haven't tried the multiplayer stuff yet.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i'm on sequence 9 or 10. Have gotten all the enigmas, and am working on all the murder mysteries. Haven't tried the multiplayer stuff yet.

I'm not a fan of the multiplayer crap. I always play them solo lol. I played one with someone online once and they just bull rushed the entire mission. Took all the fun out of it.

Have you finished all the riddles for the Master Assassin outfit? That was probably my favorite part of the game so far.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the multiplayer crap. I always play them solo lol. I played one with someone online once and they just bull rushed the entire mission. Took all the fun out of it.

Have you finished all the riddles for the Master Assassin outfit? That was probably my favorite part of the game so far.

Yep i got the Nostradamus riddles done one day last week. Cheated like a sum bech reading where the clues were online though. :pound:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep i got the Nostradamus riddles done one day last week. Cheated like a sum bech reading where the clues were online though. :pound:

lol I started out doing all the easy ones until they got ridiculously hard. I had to get help on all the 4-5 star difficulty ones... I don't see how anyone could have figured those out unless you are a history buff majoring in all things French/Paris.

I figured out the room riddles at the cafe though. Those weren't very hard. The planet alignment took a while.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished the main campaign.... Meh

Felt far too easy to take down the final bad guy (Germaine?). Thought it was going to be harder. Now I'm contemplating whether I want to go back and finish the side stories & co-op missions or just say fuck it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished the main campaign.... Meh

Felt far too easy to take down the final bad guy (Germaine?). Thought it was going to be harder. Now I'm contemplating whether I want to go back and finish the side stories & co-op missions or just say fuck it.

Go play some Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor if you want something good. It's basically what Assassin's Creed should be, only it uses the same fight mechanics as the Batman Arkham games. I still have not beaten it, but that's more due to my lack of time to play than anything.