• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona at San Francisco

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is very up and down but I will take 4-2 with the injuries this team has had and Aldon's situation.

They need to get Manningham and Crabtree back because kaepernick has lost his confidence.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, he made it to the 2nd quarter before starting his game day ritual, "They Suck... They just lost the game... Kap sucks... Smith sucks... coach sucks...the D sucks..."

Wait a minute now, I didn't say the D sucks. They carried the day and with a ton of guys injured. Kaepernick I'll give you, but that was painfully obvious.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. :suds: Good win, fellas.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. :suds: Good win, fellas.

cheers.gif

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprisingly a good defensive day except for that one minute AZ TD drive in the 1st lol....

Reid is a beast, again! where my boy Bingo... i like to rub it!!! lol

Kap is killing me but good play later on... I am convinced he does not look at anyone not named Boldin or Davis... absolutely convinced...

oh i hope watching our "run game" has finally convinced Roman, Harbs or Kap to run first in the redzone... please for the love of freakin gawd.....

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get Manningham and Crabtree back because kaepernick has lost his confidence.

Didn't look that way when he was smiling on the sidelines with Vernon and the offense after the scores.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's lost his nuggets for sure. Damn you Larry Bird!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall good job by The D and Kap and VD connection.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't look that way when he was smiling on the sidelines with Vernon and the offense after the scores.

That's what worries me. He's playing like shit but still shucking and jiving over on the sidelines. Its like he can't see how bad he is playing.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what worries me. He's playing like shit but still shucking and jiving over on the sidelines. Its like he can't see how bad he is playing.

From the Wikipedia page for "shucking and jiving":

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuckin'_and_jivin'
Origin

According to linguist Barbara Ann Kipfer, the origins of the phrase may be traced to when "black slaves sang and shouted gleefully during corn-shucking season, and this behavior, along with lying and teasing, became a part of the protective and evasive behavior normally adopted toward white people."[2]

According to the 1994 book by Clarence Major, ‘Juba to Jive, a Dictionary of African-American Slang,’ ‘shuck and jive’ dates back to the 1870s and was an ‘originally southern ‘*****’ expression for clowning, lying, pretense.[3]

Modern usage

The use of the phrase in modern American politics has generated controversy at times. In 2008, then New York attorney general Andrew Cuomo said of then Democratic Party candidate Barack Obama (who was running against Hillary Clinton, the candidate Cuomo supported): "You can't shuck and jive at a press conference." Cuomo received criticism from some for his use of the phrase, with Roland Martin of CNN stating that "'Shucking and jiving' have long been words used as a negative assessment of African Americans, along the lines of a 'foot shufflin’ *****.'"[4] Similarly, on October 25, 2012, former Republican Party Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin generated controversy when she stated "President Obama's shuck and jive shtick with these Benghazi lies must end".[5][6]

At the 2008 ESPY Awards, Justin Timberlake used the phrase to describe the play of African-American basketball player Paul Pierce. This segment was cut out of the broadcast by ESPN due to "the phrase's racial overtones".[7]

On September 2013, Rush Limbaugh referred to President Barack Obama's strategy on Syria, as "shuck and jive." He was criticized by Joan Walsh, Salon's editor-at-large as a "a racist troll".[8]