• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are lines next season

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st line Palat, Stamkos and St.Louis. 2nd line Drouin, Filppula and Purcell. 3rd line Malone, Johnson and Killorn. 4th line Pierre-Cedric Labrie, Thompson and B.J. Crombeen extra Tyrell, Pyatt. 1st defenseman Hedman, Salo. 2nd Carle, Gudas .3rd Brewer, Aulie extra Sustr. if he looks good in camp goalies- Bishop Lindback Is it a playoff team I say they will make a run but come up short I see us picking 10th or 14th in the draft next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop will be the biggest improvement IMO. Sure they have to work on defense still, but it's nice to have a goalie that could bail the defense out, which was lacking until they acquired Bishop last season. I think Lindback has talent, but he just strikes me as raw and needs to improve in the technical aspects of the goaltending position.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop's first game with the Bolts was a gem ( shutout- 45 saves ). After that not so good but I blame the defense more than him. Lindback seemed solid on long shots but he struggled on close in shots or one on one.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop's first game with the Bolts was a gem ( shutout- 45 saves ). After that not so good but I blame the defense more than him. Lindback seemed solid on long shots but he struggled on close in shots or one on one.

No doubt, it was the defense that let him down. I think you guys got a good system at play, and I would be SHOCKED if you guys don't find yourselves in the Stanley Cup race within the next 3 years.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, it was the defense that let him down. I think you guys got a good system at play, and I would be SHOCKED if you guys don't find yourselves in the Stanley Cup race within the next 3 years.
Ya I would say 2 or 3 years should be about right doobee. I think yzerman will have us on a playoff streak of 20 years in a row if he keeps up his drafting.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killorn-Stamkos-Marty
Drouin-Fippula-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Pyatt-Labrie

Hedman-Salo
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Aulie

Barberio

Bishop-Lindback

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killorn-Stamkos-Marty
Drouin-Fippula-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Panik
Malone-Thompson-Crombeen

Pyatt-Labrie

Hedman-Salo
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Aulie

Barberio

Bishop-Lindback
funny we are all in agreement that Lindback is the back up goalie! I see Palat or panik not making the team because I think they will want labrie playing more for grit.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Labrie a lot as does Cooper and with his "if we don't be you, we'll beat you up" mentality you've got to believe Labrie will in the lineup. Personally i'd prefer to have both Palat and Panik playing on the NHL roster next year, keep Syracuse's number 1 line together (Palat-Johnson-Panik), their chemistry is awesome and I love the balance on that line a mixture of playmaking, goal scoring, grit, speed, reliable play, I like that line a lot. I'd actually like to see us make a splash via a trade for a defenseman but that seems very unlikely based off Yzerman words. Our D core looks set but i'd like to add a 7th defenseman, in other words an upgrade over Barberio and give him another year in the AHL. Perhaps we can sign Mike Lundin, Kurtis Foster or Matt Gilroy to a cheap 1yr deal, personally i'd like to see Mike Lundin back.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Labrie a lot as does Cooper and with his "if we don't be you, we'll beat you up" mentality you've got to believe Labrie will in the lineup. Personally i'd prefer to have both Palat and Panik playing on the NHL roster next year, keep Syracuse's number 1 line together (Palat-Johnson-Panik), their chemistry is awesome and I love the balance on that line a mixture of playmaking, goal scoring, grit, speed, reliable play, I like that line a lot. I'd actually like to see us make a splash via a trade for a defenseman but that seems very unlikely based off Yzerman words. Our D core looks set but i'd like to add a 7th defenseman, in other words an upgrade over Barberio and give him another year in the AHL. Perhaps we can sign Mike Lundin, Kurtis Foster or Matt Gilroy to a cheap 1yr deal, personally i'd like to see Mike Lundin back.
ya I would love to get Mike Lundin back but he signed a one year deal in the KHL last month. I never understood why yzerman let him go and then signed gilory ? Foster would not be bad he has a big right handed shot.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know Lundin signed in the KHL? I think Gilroy would be a nice addition to be honest as a 7th defenseman because Cooper likes to play with 7D. With Brewer and Aulie projected to be our # 5 and # 6, we lack mobility and puck moving ability on that bottom pairing, Gilroy adds that, I think he'd be a nice fit to round off our D core.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Barberio signed a one year-two way contract so with that deal Yzerman may look to add a 7th defenseman.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I would say 2 or 3 years should be about right doobee. I think yzerman will have us on a playoff streak of 20 years in a row if he keeps up his drafting.

He's made some good moves no doubt. Lightning will be a very very scary team 2-3 years down the road when that talent makes its way into the NHL. I think Lightning fans have a lot to look forward to.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Barberio signed a one year-two way contract so with that deal Yzerman may look to add a 7th defenseman.
I think yzerman will sit tight like he said and go with sustr or Barberio as the number 7 defenseman. Unless a great trade comes along that makes sense!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made some good moves no doubt. Lightning will be a very very scary team 2-3 years down the road when that talent makes its way into the NHL. I think Lightning fans have a lot to look forward to.
We sure hope doobee we have a good owner and GM who really want to win long term we have not had that in a while in tampa. There is no doubt yzerman has been building the farm system up and I'm shocked he has done it in 3 years being here.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barberio will likely be the 7th defenseman but with it being a two way contract, Yzerman may bring in some competition for that spot. You could say Sustr is competition but he needs a year in the minors like J.T Brown needed last year after playing a couple of games with the lightning. I imagine the competition for the 7th defenseman will be Barberio, Sustr, Lee and Korobov. Cooper may like Barberio, I like his mobility and puck moving ability as well as the ability to QB the PP but I do have my concerns with Barberio. He looked out of place when he played in Tampa and he wasn't too good after the Crunch loss Gudas to injury during the finals, infact Korobov was the best and most consistent D man on that team form what I saw. I'd like to see Korobov given the chance to make the team. My real concern is if someone goes down with an injury, your putting an inexperienced player in there e.g Barberio or Korobov rather than a proven NHL caliber defenseman.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barberio will likely be the 7th defenseman but with it being a two way contract, Yzerman may bring in some competition for that spot. You could say Sustr is competition but he needs a year in the minors like J.T Brown needed last year after playing a couple of games with the lightning. I imagine the competition for the 7th defenseman will be Barberio, Sustr, Lee and Korobov. Cooper may like Barberio, I like his mobility and puck moving ability as well as the ability to QB the PP but I do have my concerns with Barberio. He looked out of place when he played in Tampa and he wasn't too good after the Crunch loss Gudas to injury during the finals, infact Korobov was the best and most consistent D man on that team form what I saw. I'd like to see Korobov given the chance to make the team. My real concern is if someone goes down with an injury, your putting an inexperienced player in there e.g Barberio or Korobov rather than a proven NHL caliber defenseman.
Ya I have to think yzerman still makes a trade like he did Ashton for Aulie. We do lack depth on defense big time with nhl ready guys I have to think yzerman is working the phones.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Yzerman to go out of his own way to make another prospect trade that fills a need, if the right deal is there, take it but don't force it. Looking 2 or 3 years down the line the defensive core is going to be Hedman, Carle, Gudas, Aulie, Sustr and Barberio, 5 of those 6 are 24 and younger, they need time and games to develop. Don't forget about Slater Koekkoek and 2nd rounder Dylan Blujus who the team are very high on. Although there isn't an overwhelming amount of depth on the backend in our system in comparision to our forward group, I think we have just enough talent and depth on the backend to get by.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Yzerman to go out of his own way to make another prospect trade that fills a need, if the right deal is there, take it but don't force it. Looking 2 or 3 years down the line the defensive core is going to be Hedman, Carle, Gudas, Aulie, Sustr and Barberio, 5 of those 6 are 24 and younger, they need time and games to develop. Don't forget about Slater Koekkoek and 2nd rounder Dylan Blujus who the team are very high on. Although there isn't an overwhelming amount of depth on the backend in our system in comparision to our forward group, I think we have just enough talent and depth on the backend to get by.
Ya they have some very good young talent on defense Blujus and Koekkoek are just some long years away. For now I would bet yzerman sits tight and lets cooper run his system and see what happens. I think the team is hoping Brewer and Carle will be better next season. I see Barberio making the team sustr will go to the AHL! but if yzerman gets a good trade offer for a future top 4 defenseman for a forward or two he will look hard at it. IDK another option could be to trade purcell for a vet defenseman to fill a top 4 hole for 2 or 3 years till the young guys are more ready.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see Yzerman staying pat now unless he can move Malone which they are still trying to do, this would create cap space for Yzerman which he could use to try and land top 4 dman. Again i'd be trying to get Alex Edler or Kevin Bieska if possible. I like Edler a lot as he gives us a clear # 2 but I wouldn't mind Bieska's tough Gudas-like play paired with Hedman, either one would be a nice fit.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can not believe that the Bolts went for all forwards in the draft and FA acquisitions. Our D wasn't much good last year and they remain the same? What's next Stevie Y., a 600lb Sumo wrestler wedged between the pipes?