• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to make same changes

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Stevie Y to make some changes to this team. This team is going nowhere but down. They played by far there most important of the season so far yesterday in Phily and they were embarassing, no compete level whatsoever.

The core players need to remain that being - Stamkos, Kucherov, Palat, Johnson, Drouin, Killorn, Point, Hedman, Stralman & Vasilevski.

Players I would like to see us move - Bishop, Filppula, Callahan, Boyle, Sustr & Garrison

We need to clear out and create some cap space for our upcoming RFA's plus try to improve the team in the offseason.

Bishop - Vasilevski is the #1 goalie of the organization, need to move Bishop and get something while you can for a goalie that is a top 5 goalie in the NHL.

Filppula - Think it might be hard to move Val but I would try and move him and possible eat some of the salary or ask for less in return. Think Val might be a useful piece for a playoff team with somebody who can play all situations and be a relaible contributor. You have Vladdy or Pointer who can play that 3rd line Center position in Val's place.

Callahan - Doubt you will be able to move Cally in a trade but we have to buy him out in the summer. I admire his game but he's simply not worth his cap hit. His style of play and injuries have affected his game, he's gone from a top 6 forward when we acquired him to nothing but a 4th line role player. You don't pay a 4th liner north of $5.5 mill per year.

Boyle - The only reason I would trade Boyler is because he's going to get a better deal elsewhere in the offeseason when he becomes he's a UFA. He's having a career season so his value isn't going to get any higher and most playoff teams would really want to acquire him.

Garrison - He's a -8 of the season and thin his play has regressed over time since the Lightning trading for him. He's got 1 year left on his deal so I could see him being moved in the offseason more so than the regular season.

Sustr - He's a -9 and was a healthy scracth the other night. Lightning need to improve their defense and therefore it would help to move someone like Sustr who really doesn't offer much. His 6"8 220 lbs and by the far the softest player on the team, slowest skater on the team, provides no offense at all and it's not as if he's a shutdown defenseman to make up for all of that. He's a 6th of 7th defenseman at best who shouldn't be relied on as much as he is.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't fix this team now it's pretty much over ! Time to prepare for the summer better!

1. Trade Ben bishop get the best prospect or draft pick return possible

2. Trade Brian Boyle should be able to get a 2nd round draft pick at least we don't have the funds to resign him anyway.

3. Trade Jason garrison to a contender for prospects or draft picks clear his money out

4. Callahan- no one will take him just going to need to eat that buy out I'd bring him back next year see if he can rebound if not ltir like ohlund or buyout.

5. Flipper retain 1.5 per year some one will take him in a trade for 3.5 per year next year.

6. Resign drouin, Johnson and palat to deals

7. Build a package in the 2017 NHL draft move up and pick the best right handed defenseman possible. With our assets we gain selling garrison, Boyle and bishop we should be able to do it easy.

8. Trade sustr for a 4th rounder or a bag of hockey pucks.

9. I would personally set my sights on trading for honka who plays for the stars this team needs a rhd other the hedman who can skate and move the puck! Always thought that he could be had to Dallas in exchange for Ben bishop they need a goalie.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your ideas Danny hope yzerman reads this lol

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheers Guys! I just don't see the bolts being a playoff team now and it's time to re-tool on the fly for Stevie Y. In order for the bolts to make the playoff the need a long winning streak just to get the back into contention and with their inconsistent play, injuries, i just don't see that happening. Move some dead weight, create some cap space, improve your farm system and go again next year!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Danny, with all the injuries that started this downfall
and all the Crunch players called up its easy too see why we
went in a tailspin. But Stamkos and Bishop the only major players
still missing. Moral on this club is at an all time low, plus Cooper's
reluctance to start Gudlevski baffles me. AS they say ( it couldn't hurt ).

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Val is quite a puck handler. I would hate to lose him! Great on faceoffs and having a break out season. Already has 20 assists and 6 goals. I also see him get back and play defense quite often to help out our crippled defenders. The guys I would love to see leave are the ones that we can count upon to get injured every season at least once! I'm starting to feel like the Bolts need to resign Bishop. When he's not injured he really can play! Vasi needs more starts in the AHL. That my 2 cents worth guys! :2cents:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the player I named above I could only see 3 of them being realitically traded this season, that being Bishop, Boyle & Sustr.

Lets start with Bishop. When healthy he's a top 5 goalie in this league in my opinion. Potential playoff teams that need goalie help include St. Louis, Calgary, Edmonton and obviously Dallas. I would say Dallas is the team that makes the most logical sense to acquire Bishop, but working out a trade with their goalie situation would be difficult. Edmonton is a team that could upgrade over Cam Talbot but I don't see them making a move to acquire Bishop. That leaves Calgary & St. Louis. The Blues are an interesting option as they have recently comitted to Jake Allen who is good goalie but has really stuggled this season. St. Louis would be appealing to Bishop it would be a homecoming for him. The Blues are a good team but find themselves fighting for a playoff spot due their play in goal so I think they could make a play for Bishop. The other team is the Flames who actually were interested in Bishop in the offseason as a deal was supposedly discussed around Bishop for Sam Bennett. It's funny how things turn out as the Flames didn't want to give up on Sam Bennett so they settled on Brian Elliott, turns out Elliott has been poor and backup Chad Johnson has been the Flames #1 goalie, additionally Sam Bennett who is vastly talented has had a down year (9G & 9A) and was healthy scratched the other night. So with that said it makes you wonder if the Flames may revisit the deal centered around Bishop for Bennett. If I were Yzerman I would offer Bishop and Namestinkov for Bennett, Elliott and draft pick. With Bennett you get a really talented player who you could keep for the long term or potentially move to upgrade on defense or alternatively help you enbale to move a piece like Johnson to upgrade on defense and with Elliott you get a goalie who can be a solid 1B goalie and that is what we need if Vasy is going to be the #1 next year. For that reason alone I would even move Bishop for Elliott, a prospect and a pick.

I can see Brian Boyle ending up in Columbus, I think he's a perfect fit. They are going to be looking to add veteran depth pieces to help with their playoffs run and I just think Brian Boyle is a good fit. He's a vet, good leader & teamate, he's had 3 straight years of deep playoff runs, he's versatile, hard to play against and he can play in all situations. I think there will be a lot of teams in on Brian Boyle for the reason I just mentioned and because of the year his having. I just think you look at Columbus and they way they play, they aren't built on skill, they are a deep, versatile, hard working team that are hard to play against and Brian Boyle fits the model and he's played under Torts as well.

I think with Sustr I'm sure a bubble team will give up a draft pick or prospect to have him as a 3rd Pairing defenseman.

In regards to the others (Filppula, Garrison & Callahan), I think Filppula and Garrison are more likely to be moved in the offseason when they will be entering their final year of their contract. Realistcially the bolts will probably need to retain salary in a respective deal or take a player on with some salary to make a deal work. In terms of Callahan I think the fact he's had another setback (4 weeks) with his hip injury shows he's pretty much done and that the bolts will need to buy him out in the summer.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best trade that makes the most sense to do is Palat for sami vatanen gives yzerman that puck moving RHD he truly needs. I'd agree with you danny trade bishop and Vladdy for Sam Bennett and Elliot would be a fine move! I'd assume bishop would need to agree to a deal with them to do that. I'd agree send boyle to the blue jackets for picks. This summer i'd look to weed out flipper, Callahan and garrison and create cap space.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think realistically Bishop gets move to the Flyers for Steve Mason, and one of Hagg/Morin/Sanheim (top D prospects) and a draft pick. Boyle gets moved to the Columbus for a 2nd in 2017 and a 4th in 2018.

In regards to acquring a top 4 defenseman I think it will be extremly hard for Yzerman to acquire one. The Lightning could really use Kevin Shattenkirk and his name continues to be linked to the Lightning and the Blues have been scouting the bolts. The Blues are looking to improve their forward group and more specifically at Center so would a Johnson, Sustr and a draft pick for Shattenkirk work? I think Johnson fits the bill of the Blues getting a #2 Center, Sustr slides in as their #5/#6 defeseman with Parayko moved into the top 4 to replace Shattenkirk and they get an additional pick.

Team when healthy this season:

Namestinkov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Filppula-Drouin
Killorn-Point-Callahan
Erne-Paquette-Brown

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Shattenkirk
Coburn-Koekkoek/Witko/Dotchin

Vasilevski
Mason

When it comes to the offseason I would make sure Shattenkirk, Drouin and Palat are all re-signed. I would buyout Callahan, move Garrison and let Mason walk as an FA and sign a backup. I would keep hold of Filppula just to protect and not expose Point and hopefully the year after Point would be ready to take over as the teams #2 Center. In FA look to add a 3rd line RW to replace Callahan

Team:

Namestinkov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Filppula-Drouin
Killorn-Point-FA
Erne-Paquette-Brown

Hedman-Stralman
Koekkoek-Shattenkirk
Hagg/Morin/Sanheim-Coburn

Vasilevski
FA

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Tampa...

The Lightning is obviously setting up their next move and I continue to hear Shattenkirk for Bishop +... According to sources Bishop is most definitely their chip and they have spoken to several teams beyond the Blues. The Flyers and Islanders as well...Dallas and Calgary may be getting into this as well, but so far I don't hear their names in anything substantial.

So the Lightning are talking to the Blues about Bishop but it says Bishop + for Shattenkirk. If you ask me Bishop and Sustr for Shattenkirk and Hutton makes sense in terms of swap deal. Essential the main assets in the deal are both UFA's but in the meantime Blues get their #1 goalies, Lightning get their top 4 dman. The others assets Sustr and Hutton counter balance each other in terms of Blues get a top 6 dman who can be on the Blues 3rd pairing with Parayko moving into their top 4 to replace Shattenkirk and the Bolts get a solid backup goalie to backup Vasi.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think the loss of Bishop is a shot in the foot. Vassi clearly needs more AHL starts. Guys, I would not be looking at the players, I think a new coach would be a huge plus (especially a hard-nosed, no bullshit coach) and the riddance of players that are injury prone. After all, what good is an injured, sidelined Stamkos? Look at his career stats (total goals, assists) and divide them by the exact number of seasons that the Lightning have paid him to work. The stats are not that great.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It averages to 35 goals per season and 29 assists per season. Is this "superstar" stats? No way!!!!!:nono: