• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone know what Saban ranked the Buckeyes?

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is he too smart to put that out there?

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong but I thought I heard Saban say "Ohio State was the best division 2 school out there "

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say is good luck covering Smith, Clemson doesn't have a WR like him and frankly Harris is a better RB than Etienne.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say is good luck covering Smith, Clemson doesn't have a WR like him and frankly Harris is a better RB than Etienne.

First part: Ohio State isn't going to do well against Smith. He is going to have a big game. Hopefully they can slow him down a tiny bit.

Second part: Debatable. Etienne is probably a more dangerous receiver well Harris is probably a better straight up runner. Both are very good though.

Bama is going to score on Ohio State, no doubt, but they have not seen anything like the Ohio State team that played against Clemson. If that team shows up again, we are gonna have some fireworks.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First part: Ohio State isn't going to do well against Smith. He is going to have a big game. Hopefully they can slow him down a tiny bit.

Second part: Debatable. Etienne is probably a more dangerous receiver well Harris is probably a better straight up runner. Both are very good though.

Bama is going to score on Ohio State, no doubt, but they have not seen anything like the Ohio State team that played against Clemson. If that team shows up again, we are gonna have some fireworks.
Notre Dame held Etienne to twenty something yards the first time they played no way they hold Harris to that. Also that is why I called him a better RB not receiving RB.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame held Etienne to twenty something yards the first time they played no way they hold Harris to that. Also that is why I called him a better RB not receiving RB.

They sold out to stop Etienne without Lawrence. With Lawrence, Etienne averaged 12 ypc.

In today's game pretty much every RB has to be a receiving RB now. It's not a distinction anymore, it's just expected.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sold out to stop Etienne without Lawrence. With Lawrence, Etienne averaged 12 ypc.

In today's game pretty much every RB has to be a receiving RB now. It's not a distinction anymore, it's just expected.
They are completely different backs.

That said, Harris is a better receiver than suggested in here.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are completely different backs.

That said, Harris is a better receiver than suggested in here.

Harris can be dangerous as well but I feel like he will hurt you more on designed screens or a check down rather than actual routes in the passing game.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far be it that I have to defend Dabo, but Him ranking OSU #11 isn't taken exactly in context.

At the time he did it, he remarked that he didn't rank anyone who hadn't played at least
9 games in his top 10. He actually paid OSU a compliment when he ranked them as the
best team in America that hadn't played 9 games.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far be it that I have to defend Dabo, but Him ranking OSU #11 isn't taken exactly in context.

At the time he did it, he remarked that he didn't rank anyone who hadn't played at least
9 games in his top 10. He actually paid OSU a compliment when he ranked them as the
best team in America that hadn't played 9 games.

Downplay it all you want. it was serious disrespect. And Ryan Day, the coaching staff, and the team used it for inspiration all week.

I don't understand why people can't separate the concept of 1- how good a team is vs. 2 - how many games they played. OSU just proved you don't have to play 9+ games to be "good". or "great". They obviously are. and its obvious dabo didn't WANT to play OSU. turns out he knew in himself, how good they really were and didn't want that kind of challenge.

and now....... people are doing it again. no-one giving OSU a chance against bama. bad move. OSU will be the best team saban has faced all year. Very short sighted to go into this game thinking you are going to bulldoze OSU. The Buckeyes do have the horses to run with bama. better get that into your heads.......

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downplay it all you want. it was serious disrespect. And Ryan Day, the coaching staff, and the team used it for inspiration all week.

I don't understand why people can't separate the concept of 1- how good a team is vs. 2 - how many games they played. OSU just proved you don't have to play 9+ games to be "good". or "great". They obviously are. and its obvious dabo didn't WANT to play OSU. turns out he knew in himself, how good they really were and didn't want that kind of challenge.

and now....... people are doing it again. no-one giving OSU a chance against bama. bad move. OSU will be the best team saban has faced all year. Very short sighted to go into this game thinking you are going to bulldoze OSU. The Buckeyes do have the horses to run with bama. better get that into your heads.......
You are mistaking what others say vs. what our players and coaches think. No one from Alabama is saying they are going to “bulldoze” them. That said, most of the analysts aren’t saying it, either. The whole “everyone thinks Bama is going to bulldoze tOSU” is a false narrative all around.

People love to criticize Dabo for manufacturing “disrespect”, but most use it if they can. To my knowledge, no coaches or players from Bama have said anything remotely disrespectful of the Buckeyes. People are making a lot out of what Saban’s daughter tweeted, but Day himself made provocative comments about both CU and Bama prior to the CFP semi. So what? It’s his job to motivate his team. I didn’t take it as “disrespect”, but I’m sure some would consider it “bulletin board material”.

In any event, “anger” isn’t scoring any points for either team. Both will be ready because they have great players and great coaches.