• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone have the new systems?

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God for the ole xBox One... Especially when it has snowed here in Alabama & everything is shutdown til Thursday. Beer & gaming!!!!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to buy a slightly used PS4? I liked the system and played the fuck out of Marvel Lego, but I haven't used it for anything other than a Netflix/Amazon Prime player the past month.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living on my PS3 right now. And Steam.

Not worth making the jump yet. Might not be worth it for awhile, to be honest

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm only using my 360 to troll people on halo reach, and for HBO GO.

can't believe hbo will be a NO GO for the xbox one. oh well.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been pretty disappointed with the Xbox One. Been an Xbox guy since I received the original for Christmas in '01 and Xbox 360 was just a great console , but they fucked this one up. The graphics are great and the new controller design is absolutely perfect, and kinect is very convenient, but things start going downhill after that. Games take an at least an hour to download on to the xbox (mandatory). You now have to exit games to see your friends list and it doesn't give you notifications of when people log on. Party chats are annoying as hell to set up now. If you use too many apps or games it will fuck up Xbox and it won't load games/apps. Turning it off only puts it to sleep so I have to manually unplug it from the wall to fix this. My buddy's cod ghost won't play and he can't get his money back from best buy, they only give him new discs, which doesn't fix the issue.

If you can put up with the crappy controller, I haven't played the ps4, but get that instead.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been pretty disappointed with the Xbox One. Been an Xbox guy since I received the original for Christmas in '01 and Xbox 360 was just a great console , but they fucked this one up. The graphics are great and the new controller design is absolutely perfect, and kinect is very convenient, but things start going downhill after that. Games take an at least an hour to download on to the xbox (mandatory). You now have to exit games to see your friends list and it doesn't give you notifications of when people log on. Party chats are annoying as hell to set up now. If you use too many apps or games it will fuck up Xbox and it won't load games/apps. Turning it off only puts it to sleep so I have to manually unplug it from the wall to fix this. My buddy's cod ghost won't play and he can't get his money back from best buy, they only give him new discs, which doesn't fix the issue.

If you can put up with the crappy controller, I haven't played the ps4, but get that instead.

Apparently there is an update coming in March that will fix some of those issues amongst others.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have both...you still can't play with friends online in NBA2k14 on Live unless you play at the park (server issue) and I have BF4 on the PS4 and it needs a big update to fix a myriad of bugs. The only game I have that works smoothly in all facets is FIFA.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have both...you still can't play with friends online in NBA2k14 on Live unless you play at the park (server issue) and I have BF4 on the PS4 and it needs a big update to fix a myriad of bugs. The only game I have that works smoothly in all facets is FIFA.

The issues NBA2k14 has needs its own separate thread. POS.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issues NBA2k14 has needs its own separate thread. POS.

It's truly a great offline game (always has been) but they have never been able to figure out how to get the multiplayer games to run smoothly in any version of this game and I've been getting them since the OG XBOX.

My guy is only rated a 70 right now and my buddy and I are pretty tough to beat 2v2. I figured out that you can just run into the guy who is defending you (if you don't have the ball) and it basically works like a moving pick. It's really hard to stop because it makes you have to stop the guy on the dribble 1 v 1 and if you do I'm already open for a shot by that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's truly a great offline game (always has been) but they have never been able to figure out how to get the multiplayer games to run smoothly in any version of this game and I've been getting them since the OG XBOX.

My guy is only rated a 70 right now and my buddy and I are pretty tough to beat 2v2. I figured out that you can just run into the guy who is defending you (if you don't have the ball) and it basically works like a moving pick. It's really hard to stop because it makes you have to stop the guy on the dribble 1 v 1 and if you do I'm already open for a shot by that time.

It is and I really liked the myplayer blacktop on last years game. VC is ruining the game though IMO. It's a money grab and in 2k14 you need it for absolutely every mode. They need to cut that shit out. Plus, I can't complete a myteam game anymore without it booting me to the main screen. And the park is absolutely retarded, who thought it was a good idea to make you sit and wait 15 minutes for games?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is and I really liked the myplayer blacktop on last years game. VC is ruining the game though IMO. It's a money grab and in 2k14 you need it for absolutely every mode. They need to cut that shit out. Plus, I can't complete a myteam game anymore without it booting me to the main screen. And the park is absolutely retarded, who thought it was a good idea to make you sit and wait 15 minutes for games?

I don't mind 2v2 for now but I don't like the 3v3 and 5v5 mostly because I only play with one other person and if you play with randoms they don't pass and try to make circus shots. It does suck having to wait for the next game and I think they should have more courts or completely take out the 5v5 since nobody plays those.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now my friends and I can't even join the same park anymore to play. I would get my money back for this game if I could.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still playing ncaa14 on regular xbox and loving it.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You dont really "exit the game" to see your friends list. Instead of a pop-up, it takes you to the main screen and then a couple button presses. Then you can go back to the game (online, offline, w/e). I agree that its annoying...and I miss the popup that used to come up. So much easier.

Havent had any issues with party chat - other than having to toggle on the party chat. (which is stupid).

Not sure why you would unplug it from the wall vs. just putting it to sleep. :noidea:
I personally have mine on from the time I get home to when I go to bed. (cable/satellite is run through the system)(and using the kinect to seamlessly switch from game to tv is a thing of beauty)

That being said, I've lived through the 360 updates for it to become what everyone enjoyed...and I will do so with this one as well. The 360 wasnt perfect to start off with.... neither is the One. Updates (which are being worked on) can solve most of your issues.

Would hardly recommend a different system b/c of those "issues".

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont really "exit the game" to see your friends list. Instead of a pop-up, it takes you to the main screen and then a couple button presses. Then you can go back to the game (online, offline, w/e). I agree that its annoying...and I miss the popup that used to come up. So much easier.

Havent had any issues with party chat - other than having to toggle on the party chat. (which is stupid).

Not sure why you would unplug it from the wall vs. just putting it to sleep. :noidea:
I personally have mine on from the time I get home to when I go to bed. (cable/satellite is run through the system)(and using the kinect to seamlessly switch from game to tv is a thing of beauty)

That being said, I've lived through the 360 updates for it to become what everyone enjoyed...and I will do so with this one as well. The 360 wasnt perfect to start off with.... neither is the One. Updates (which are being worked on) can solve most of your issues.

Would hardly recommend a different system b/c of those "issues".

Working in an IT department during the summer I can tell you simply restarting technology can fix many isues, simply putting things in sleep mode doesn't. For Xbone if you open too many apps and play games they all run in the background and eventually it won't allow any of them to open (have to unplug it to fix this). Also, the only way to get games to play when they won't load (common issue with COD: Ghosts) is to uninstall the game, then unplug your xbox and reinstall. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work.

Reason I came back to this thread was to complain about Xbone's Netflix app. It streams fine through my computer, phone, and my motherfucking 360, but it runs like crap on Xbone. Quality is terrible and it kicks me out after every movie or show I watch ends saying it encountered an unexpected error or it says I need a Gold membership to watch and it forces me to sign into the account I'm already signed into and the only one on the XBox. They need to fix this shit.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try to make sure I close any games I have running when I'm done otherwise the loading seems to get screwed up. I can finally play with my friends online with NBA 2K14.

I downloaded the Titanfall Beta a few days ago and it's going to be unbelievably fun. I can't wait to jump into that chaos.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new update fixed a lot. Nexflix never freezes, friends list is easier to access, but party chat is still annoyingly long to wait for if you get one in the middle of a game. And it still doesn't tell you who just logged on.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to lean towards the PS4....It really is a tough decision as this will probably be the "Team" I stick with going forward with the next generation of consoles. I've been an Xbox guy since the early 2000's. I had a PS2, but then a year later got a Xbox and ever since stuck with Microsoft. I've been loyal, even though they screwed me on the red Ring of Death and the entire shipment process was an absolute painful joke, but regardless, I was loyal to them.

When the new systems were announced I was set on getting The One, but as I've researched and seen what games are coming out and what each system has to offer, im starting to think PS4 is the correct choice, and it seems a lot of other people have PS4 and loyal XBOX users are making the switch.

It is also $100 cheaper..But besides price, PS4 seems to have a lot better games out or coming out soon compared to Xbox. No baseball game??? wtf. Each will have Madden, NBA, NHL etc. But I need my sports year round.

PS4 also seemed to stick with their core consumer which is VIDEO GAME USERS, while XBOX went with the entire home entertainment we do everything equipment, which will make me believe their efforts in creating a new consumer base will hinder their original purpose. Also, the whole 24.7 online deal is stupid. Don't want to download my games, I would like to actually physically purchase it.

Don't know....Any previous loyal Xbox users make the switch to PS4? Like it?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Costco selling X-boxs for around $450 bucks a couple of days ago, what does one exactly get for that kind of money?

I don't play games, but was just wondering why it is so expensive.