• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone have the new systems?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xbox One or PS4? How is it? Really disappointed in the games being released for it right now, so I don't see the rush in getting one. The only one that sounds good is COD Ghost.

No NCAAF, no NHL.

Your thoughts on those who have the new system?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xbox One or PS4? How is it? Really disappointed in the games being released for it right now, so I don't see the rush in getting one. The only one that sounds good is COD Ghost.

No NCAAF, no NHL.

Got it under the tree. I gave it a test run though. Wanted it ready to play when they open it. Played Killzone Shadowfall and it is a very good game.

COD Ghosts sucks. Have it on PS3 and Battlefield 4 is 10x better. Play Bops2 for my COD fix still.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a PS4 and played a few hours on a XBOX One. The difference is basically the usual, XBOX has better media integration and software (the only noticeable thing Sony has done is include party chat) while the PS4 has better hardware. In some of the currently released games the PS4 runs at full 1080 while the XBOX is at 720-900. I honestly can't tell enough of a difference between them for that to be a big deal though.

I do like how on the XBOX you can sign in with multiple accounts if you have a guest over with a Live account. They can also download games they've bought to your XBOX so you can play wherever you want without needing the physical disc (but that guest has to be signed in to play so no free games :( ).

I agree with the disappointing launch titles. Normally there is a "must have" game that drops with the consoles and I haven't really seen one yet.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the PS4...I like it...graphics are great...ghosts needs to bring back demolition, some of the new game modes suck balls....one thing to remember is that these systems are capable of alot more than what is available right now

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xbox one is nice. fast when changing between different apps and game play, and the snap feature is good.

really looking forward to some new games.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting to research between the two as im trying to figure out which one I want to buy......

I was originally a loyal PS guy, had a PS1 and PS2. But then I got the Xbox and Xbox360 and have been an XBOX guy since. Really like XBOX, but have heard bad things with this Xbox One. I also feel that the One just is WAYYYYYYYYYY too much. I just want to pop a game in and play my game. I don't want to have to be constatntly connected to the internet. Seems The One has focused a lot more on the media entertainment than just the gameplay of a video game system.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting to research between the two as im trying to figure out which one I want to buy......

I was originally a loyal PS guy, had a PS1 and PS2. But then I got the Xbox and Xbox360 and have been an XBOX guy since. Really like XBOX, but have heard bad things with this Xbox One. I also feel that the One just is WAYYYYYYYYYY too much. I just want to pop a game in and play my game. I don't want to have to be constatntly connected to the internet. Seems The One has focused a lot more on the media entertainment than just the gameplay of a video game system.

If gaming is the only thing you are worried about and you can adapt to the controller difference and the Playstation Network then the PS4 should be your choice.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like my PS3

lol jk I can't afford a PS4
:help:

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought the kids a xBox One for Christmas.... I have 2 xBox 360's & still have them all hooked up until more games arrive for the One. What sucks is the xBox 360 supports Windows Media Center & the One does not, so all these movies I have DL on my CPU hard drive will not play on the One. So the 360 still has some value to me. Can't wait for Titanfall tho.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought the kids a xBox One for Christmas.... I have 2 xBox 360's & still have them all hooked up until more games arrive for the One. What sucks is the xBox 360 supports Windows Media Center & the One does not, so all these movies I have DL on my CPU hard drive will not play on the One. So the 360 still has some value to me. Can't wait for Titanfall tho.

I just use a HDMI from my computer for that.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timer on the shutdown feature seems to be pretty spotty on the PS4. Sometimes it works and sometimes I'll wake up with it still on in the morning if I pass out watching something. I'm not sure if it's the app or not but sometimes I need to restart to get sound to work on Hulu Plus as well.

Also, I've had my PS4 for about a month and a half and the rubber on the left thumbstick is already coming off. I've never had that happen to a controller before.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you go from Xbox to Xbox One do you have to create a new gamertag? Or does your old tag carry over?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you go from Xbox to Xbox One do you have to create a new gamertag? Or does your old tag carry over?

Carries over. I play BF4 on the 360 with a few friends still and play AC4 on the xbox one.

(and no, you do not have to recover your GT every time)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill look to get the ONE in the Spring.....Just trying to figure out what sport games to get. Maybe MLB?

Really kills it that no more NCAA football.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how difficult is it to get the new systems? They still sold out everywhere?

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No NCAAF, no NHL.

I played some Ghosts on my 360 before I got rid of it. It was awful. Such a camper's paradise. If I end up getting a new gen system, I'm only going for the Treyarch COD's

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$500 seems like so much though right now for something that doesn't offer amazing sport games...yet.

metal.face

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a $50 limit over Christmas with the missus. I only broke it by $50, she broke it by, well, I got a PS4...

crazy-dance.gif

I had Xbox 360 rather than PS3, now I've got PS4 and I frickin' love it. It really makes no difference to me, not worth getting anxiety over the right choice. I just play the games and have fun.

I spend 90% of my time playing sports games so, I like the launch titles.

I've got FIFA 14, Madden 25, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and Battlefield: 4.

Battlefield has always been better than Call of Duty since BF:1942 and CoD: 1. No really, it has...If you wanna talk FPS, sure, maybe they'll be close, but if you wanna talk war games, BF every time man..you can drive a fucking tank for fuck's sake...

FIFA 14: Incredible graphics, just, flawlessly insane. I watch all 30 seconds of replays every time I score. The game, as always, has been like playing a slot machine..."almost! so close! one more time damnit!" It keeps me busy for sure.

Madden 25: This is my first Madden since 2001 on PS1. I like it. Can't complain about the graphics although the design is kinda funky sometimes. The coaches all look like they've been going to the gym and working their upper body getting jacked but working nothing else at all. And the ball caps the players wear on the sidelines and the referees...look absolutely retarded, they fit like hard hats. Game is pretty fun as always. I'm easily impressed though.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag: Haven't really played it much. Feels like work to me sometimes, but I understand why people like it.