• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone have the new systems?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Costco selling X-boxs for around $450 bucks a couple of days ago, what does one exactly get for that kind of money?

I don't play games, but was just wondering why it is so expensive.

The One offers pretty much an entire in one home entertainment system. Gives your Kinect play, where yourself is the controller. Built in camera, but overall nothing much more than what PS4 offers. In fact, PS4 system is actually more powerful than The One, the One just seems to be more entertainment based, while the PS4 seems to be more gamer based.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD, if you're patient enough, you should wait till the Black Friday/Christmas season. By then, both systems should have whatever kinks are left worked out and will have a decent sized library to choose from. And most importantly, you'll likely be able to find some good bundle deals for the holiday season.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD, if you're patient enough, you should wait till the Black Friday/Christmas season. By then, both systems should have whatever kinks are left worked out and will have a decent sized library to choose from. And most importantly, you'll likely be able to find some good bundle deals for the holiday season.

Yeah, but I don't know if I can wait that long, lol. I'm proud of myself right now that ive waited this long to get one. I need something for the Summer.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no complaints about my Xbox One. The last few system purchases I've made (Xbox 360/one) have been highly influenced by what my friends have; and I suspect this is true of a lot of people. The systems are pretty compatible otherwise. There aren't too many brand-specific games anymore. Both systems have seen problems in one area or another and both are under-powered compared to computers that are out currently.

With that said, I think the xbox has more potential than the PS4 does because of the connectivity it has built in with your cable box and the kinect. Though, I bought the new system almost exclusively to play Battlefield 4.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinect is not a selling point for me, because I refuse to dedicate video game playing time to movement, I want the controller. The moving stuff is fun for little games like on the Wii, but when it comes to sitting down and playing a game, well I want to be lazy and play a game.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still wondering if they will ever make XBOX Glass a useful feature while in a game for something other than looking at a leader board. The Kinect would be a better feature for the XBOX if they didn't have that stupid layout for Netflix. I mainly use the on and off feature and use the controller everywhere between.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinect is not a selling point for me, because I refuse to dedicate video game playing time to movement, I want the controller. The moving stuff is fun for little games like on the Wii, but when it comes to sitting down and playing a game, well I want to be lazy and play a game.

Yup, and I don't want to have to worry about being in multiplayer and forgetting to disable the camera and having everyone see me making stupid faces/hold my tongue just right as I "steer" the helicopter around a corner. :whistle:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and I don't want to have to worry about being in multiplayer and forgetting to disable the camera and having everyone see me making stupid faces/hold my tongue just right as I "steer" the helicopter around a corner. :whistle:

yeah no...that doesnt happen. (unless you're skyping with someone while playing)
I use my kinect for voice features and that's it.

In Maize's example for the kinect... he was referring to the voice commands. (IMO) Not so much on the movement.

IE... its kinda nice to be able to say "xbox on" and have everything turn on w/o picking up a remote. Or while gaming to pause the game and say "xbox watch tv" and have it flip over quickly to check the score of the game, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah no...that doesnt happen. (unless you're skyping with someone while playing)
I use my kinect for voice features and that's it.

I thought they had a commercial about how you can see the people you are playing with in co-op or multiplayer.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't a huge selling point for me either, but it has the possibility to be made into great things. Also, the voice commands are effortless and I've actually found a lot of use for them since I got the xbox one.

For instance, in Battleflield you can yell out "I need ammo", or something like that, and it will activate one of the default commands you can request out to your team...rather than having to hold down a button and select the command you want. Similarly, if you just did something awesome in-game you can say, "xbox record that" and it will grab the last like 30 seconds of game play. I like it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI for anyone looking to buy an Xbox One; Wal-Mart and Best Buy (and I think Amazon as well) are currently selling the XB1 Titanfall bundle for 50 dollars off. And I believe Wal-Mart has a Forza 5 bundle too for the same price. What this basically means is you're paying the same price you would have if you bought a PS4 + a game. That could be a big selling point for anyone who was ruling out the Xbox due to the console itself being more expensive than the PS4.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I plan to buy the xbox one... But not until they get all of the bugs sorted out. I'm still ballin on the 360 with Black Ops 2 getting my competitive gamer fix.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they had a commercial about how you can see the people you are playing with in co-op or multiplayer.
You can but only if you're connected on the Skype app. I haven't even tried that out yet to be honest.

It isn't a huge selling point for me either, but it has the possibility to be made into great things. Also, the voice commands are effortless and I've actually found a lot of use for them since I got the xbox one.

For instance, in Battleflield you can yell out "I need ammo", or something like that, and it will activate one of the default commands you can request out to your team...rather than having to hold down a button and select the command you want. Similarly, if you just did something awesome in-game you can say, "xbox record that" and it will grab the last like 30 seconds of game play. I like it.

But at the same time your XBOX will record a lot of random unimpressive clips for no reason.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the PS4 come with any mini games or anything upon purchase?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless you're getting something in a bundle that explicitly says it on the box.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with PS4 have a game that is a must buy with the system?