• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another day, another Tulo injury

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of like a Kenny Chesney show, people just show up. the mainstream sheep. :L

Are you one of those "If it's popular, it must suck" types? Pretty much all the old CBS Prons felt that way. To me, it is counter-intuitive to say the least.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you one of those "If it's popular, it must suck" types? Pretty much all the old CBS Prons felt that way. To me, it is counter-intuitive to say the least.

nah, i'm not that way.

i'll prove it

nickleback>>>metallica

ya, i went there lol

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOOOO

To ESPN Insider content!!!!

Dodgers are #3
lad.jpg

The Overview
There may come a time in a few years where the Dodgers' financial power might not be able to make up for a lack of minor league depth, but right now they have a number of star players in their prime, some solid prospects on the horizon, and enough financial clout to stay atop the NL West for the forseeable future. -- Buster Olney

The Dilemma
This one is obvious: How do you handle four outfielders who are all paid like superstars? For now, it's Yasiel Puig in right, Andre Ethier in center, Carl Crawford in left, and Matt Kemp on the DL. This will get tricky once Kemp is healthy, particularly if the other three are playing well. And let's not forget top prospect Joc Pederson, an athletic center fielder who could be ready this year. -- Jim Bowden

Make-or-break year (Law's top 10 Dodgers prospects)
Pedro Baez is entering his second full year as a pitcher, showing the arm strength but not the feel or command last year to be a major league reliever; this should be the year he takes that step, and the bullpen is one of the only places where there might be room for a prospect in L.A. this year. -- Keith Law

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, i'm not that way.

i'll prove it

nickleback>>>metallica

ya, i went there lol

Good. I do best in dealing with people who make logical sense.

And, I too like Nickleback. In fact, because the wife is such a fan, we went to their show here in San Jose last year, and did so on a V.I.P ticket. Got in early. Got free stuff. Sat about 20 feet from the stage. Good times.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are #3
lad.jpg

The Overview
There may come a time in a few years where the Dodgers' financial power might not be able to make up for a lack of minor league depth, but right now they have a number of star players in their prime, some solid prospects on the horizon, and enough financial clout to stay atop the NL West for the forseeable future. -- Buster Olney

The Dilemma
This one is obvious: How do you handle four outfielders who are all paid like superstars? For now, it's Yasiel Puig in right, Andre Ethier in center, Carl Crawford in left, and Matt Kemp on the DL. This will get tricky once Kemp is healthy, particularly if the other three are playing well. And let's not forget top prospect Joc Pederson, an athletic center fielder who could be ready this year. -- Jim Bowden

Make-or-break year (Law's top 10 Dodgers prospects)
Pedro Baez is entering his second full year as a pitcher, showing the arm strength but not the feel or command last year to be a major league reliever; this should be the year he takes that step, and the bullpen is one of the only places where there might be room for a prospect in L.A. this year. -- Keith Law

As you must then be an ESPN insider, would you mind if I hit you up for some of that info from time to time?

Either way, thank you for sharing this. And, call me a bit surprised on their high ranking. I guess it is all about the Benjamins after all?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the rest and the rankings methodology
0214Szym.png

CATEGORIES
MAJORS (full weight): Quality of current big league roster
MINORS (full weight): Quality and quantity of prospects in their farm system
FINANCE (2/3 weight): How much money do they have to spend?
MANAGEMENT (2/3 weight): Value and stability of ownership, front office and coaching staff
MOBILITY (1/3 weight): Do they have a lot of young, cheap players, or old, immovable guys?

1. Boston Red Sox
2. St. Louis Cardinals
3. Los Angeles Dodgers
4. Texas Rangers
5. Pittsburgh Pirates
6. Washington Nationals
7. Chicago Cubs
8. Detroit Tigers
9. Atlanta Braves
10. Kansas City Royals
11. New York Mets
12. Tampa Bay Rays
13. New York Yankees
14. Baltimore Orioles
15. Cincinnati Reds
16. Oakland Athletics
17. Houston Astros
18. San Diego Padres
19. San Francisco Giants
20. Arizona Diamondbacks
21. Cleveland Indians
22. Toronto Blue Jays
23. Minnesota Twins
24. Los Angeles Angels
25. Colorado Rockies
26. Chicago White Sox
27. Philadelphia Phillies
28. Seattle Mariners
29. Milwaukee Brewers
30. Miami Marlins

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you must then be an ESPN insider, would you mind if I hit you up for some of that info from time to time?

Either way, thank you for sharing this. And, call me a bit surprised on their high ranking. I guess it is all about the Benjamins after all?

Nope, not at all. Just give me a link and I can post it or PM it if you want. Same goes for the rest of you guys. :suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not at all. Just give me a link and I can post it or PM it if you want. Same goes for the rest of you guys. :suds:

Thank you VERY much. I will try not to be a bother about it though

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i haven't received a PM since i signed up. didn't know it was available lol

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want this guys job. And, laugh if you must, but I have had at least 100 people tell me over the years that I would be good at it, or anything like this.

Apparently, I give very good phone. And, I very well know that I have a face for radio, so, it would be a great fit.

Chances are you don't recognize his face, but you definitely know his voice.
It is the sound of Saturday matinees. Of action films. Heart-wrenching dramas. And slapstick comedies. The promise of another world.
The sad news arrived today that Hal Douglas, one of Hollywood's most prolific voiceover artists, died last Friday at his home in Lottesville, Virginia.
The 89-year-old legend, who continued to work steadily until just two years ago, succumbed to pancreatic cancer. He is survived by his wife, Ruth Francis Douglas; his daughter, Sarah; and two sons, Jeremy and Jon.
Douglas was one of the most recognizable voices in the industry for decades, with a rough-and-low baritone so deep, it evoked the voice of god — or at least someone of supreme authority.
"Hal Douglas was one of those voices everyone has heard," says Robert Thompson, pop culture expert and media professor at Syracuse University. "His voice has probably penetrated the lives of more Americans more times than probably anyone. But he's totally anonymous," Thompson tells Yahoo Movies, calling Douglas "the ultimate voice."
Douglas voiced literally thousands of coming-attraction promos over the course of his career, and his voice can be heard on trailers for "Philadelphia," "Coneheads," "Forrest Gump," "Waterworld," "Lethal Weapon," "Con Air," "Men in Black," "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs," and "Meet the Parents," to name but a few.
"He sounds like what a movie voiceover is supposed to sound like because he's done so many of them," Thompson says. "He is the rule. He's become the model."
Thompson points out that Douglas's voice even gave bad movies a lift: "He did a lot of really good, major movies… to the extent that with Hal narrating your trailer, you could make a really horrible movie at least sound like it's big time. With that voice you could make it sound really imprortant."

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have a good night, see ya tomorrowz!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have the Cliffs Notes version of today's thread? Are the first ten pages worth reading?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston was down nine at half and came back to beat 25th ranked SMU in the conference tournament today! Game was awesome. Tashawn Thomas, the guy in my av, had a huge block with about 30 seconds that was key to the win! I will be rolling in vCash soon!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow we play defending national champions Louisville, who today beat Rutgers 92-31. I am not too optimistic in that one, but I will definitely watch!