• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Dalton

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at his stats, and they don't look that bad. Don't like the INT but he was accurate at 11-15. Not a lot of yards but you can't throw a lot of different routes when your rookie QB and rookie WR have only had 2 weeks of practice. What was so bad about his last night? I had to work and didn't get to watch the game.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It wasn't the numbers. It was just the quality of play. It wasn't there at all. The throws looked weak and off

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't the numbers. It was just the quality of play. It wasn't there at all. The throws looked weak and off

Dalton's throws looked just fine to me considering tha amount of time he had to throw. He was pretty accurate. I knew his first series would be rough. He missed his first two passes with an INT, and after that he was 11-13 with a decent amount of yards. The offensive line is just atrocious though. His numbers were amazing considering. The best part of our OL was watching Andre Smith run block. Pancake galore.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton's throws looked just fine to me considering tha amount of time he had to throw. He was pretty accurate. I knew his first series would be rough. He missed his first two passes with an INT, and after that he was 11-13 with a decent amount of yards. The offensive line is just atrocious though. His numbers were amazing considering. The best part of our OL was watching Andre Smith run block. Pancake galore.

the whole inside of your line was just awful, of what I saw your tackles weren't too bad.

the Dalton pick was because he had a defensive lineman in his face.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he looked like you'd expect him to. Doesnt show any arm strength. Didnt attempt a pass beyond 15 yards. Lots of dinking and dunking. To his defense, the offensive line is just atocious up the gut...but there were no moments when he looked like a bonafide franchise QB. There were no throws where you were like 'man, that Dalton is a friggin' stud' He looked like a really good college QB with a limited skill set trying to make it in the pros...which he is.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he looked like you'd expect him to. Doesnt show any arm strength. Didnt attempt a pass beyond 15 yards. Lots of dinking and dunking. To his defense, the offensive line is just atocious up the gut...but there were no moments when he looked like a bonafide franchise QB. There were no throws where you were like 'man, that Dalton is a friggin' stud' He looked like a really good college QB with a limited skill set trying to make it in the pros...which he is.

Well said.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is no such thing as "accurate" when you average just over 4.5 yards per attempt and you connect on 73% of them.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna take much stock in the game last night especially as far as Dalton goes. I expected our coaches to not have out players prepared. Dalton had 2 weeks to prepare and I didn't expect the coaches to really let Dalton throw anything over 10 yards. I like that Benson seemed to look good. I also expected the interior of our line to be terrible. I hope we pick Kalil next year. I will give the first game and probably the second a pass. I will start to take stock in the 3rd and 4th preseason games. Thank god we play absolutely 0 good teams until week 6 or so. Maybe by then our coaches will have our players slightly prepared.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no such thing as "accurate" when you average just over 4.5 yards per attempt.

that whole short passing game is going to get Green and Simpson killed. Those guys are lanky athletic types. Not really the stout possesion recievers for that type of game. Like I said, as I see it the strenght of the roster is the athleticism of the WR's and TE. But when you're offensive line cant block and your QB cant throw with any velocity beyond 15 yards it really doesnt matter.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not gonna take much stock in the game last night especially as far as Dalton goes. I expected our coaches to not have out players prepared. Dalton had 2 weeks to prepare and I didn't expect the coaches to really let Dalton throw anything over 10 yards. I like that Benson seemed to look good. I also expected the interior of our line to be terrible. I hope we pick Kalil next year. I will give the first game and probably the second a pass. I will start to take stock in the 3rd and 4th preseason games. Thank god we play absolutely 0 good teams until week 6 or so. Maybe by then our coaches will have our players slightly prepared.

I'm taking into account more what I saw out of him at TCU coupled with how he looked last night. Just dont think the guy has the skills.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know who did look like every inch of a franchise QB...Ryan Mallett. Folks up in NE are going apeshit after watching him against the Jags.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Mallet. He will easily be the best QB in the draft. And I 100% believe will be a top 3 QB in this league when he gets that starting job. I think he is a better on field QB than Luck.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guards and center are horrible. Bobby Williams is finished, and there's no viable replacement for him. Nate Livings is horrid and Cook has not progressed since taking over in 2009 and showing some promise. The best looking lineman, amazingly, was Tits McGee....he got a couple pancakes in the running game and just demolished someone on Benson's 16 yard run. The pass rush is gonna come storming up the middle all season, which doesn't bode well for a rookie quarterback.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton didn't have a chance at throwing a pass over 15 yards, by the time the recievers ran that far he would have been sacked.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that whole short passing game is going to get Green and Simpson killed. Those guys are lanky athletic types. Not really the stout possesion recievers for that type of game. Like I said, as I see it the strenght of the roster is the athleticism of the WR's and TE. But when you're offensive line cant block and your QB cant throw with any velocity beyond 15 yards it really doesnt matter.

Julio Jones would have been a better fit, especially if Dalton is supposed to be our long term fit. Jones fits this offense much better.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought it was funny when our fans talked about how happy they were to have a west coast offense. Nobody seems to remember the last time we ran a WC before Brat arrived. We had Neil O'Donnel and the 3 yard horizontal passing game. It's looking like we're running the same playbook.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought it was funny when our fans talked about how happy they were to have a west coast offense. Nobody seems to remember the last time we ran a WC before Brat arrived. We had Neil O'Donnel and the 3 yard horizontal passing game. It's looking like we're running the same playbook.

"Catch the Fever!"

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton - A poor man's Neil O'Donnel. Who-Dey!

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andy Dalton - A poor man's Neil O'Donnel. Who-Dey!

pretty much...how long till you think AJ Green calls bullshit on all the 5 yard routes. Seriously if you're going to dink and dunk what is the point of having two 6'5" lanky guys on the outside?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy we can say dink and dunk without being reprimanded.......