• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And to think 12-9 without Cutch hitting

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marte has been great early
Pedro has been hitting a ton the last 6 games

But Cutch has been pretty quiet so far

How many people would believe we would be above .500 without McCutchen playing like the NL MVP this year?

Here is to hoping that he gets hot and the Bucs can go on a winning streak and get 10 or 12 games above .500 by the all star break.

It would be nice to see the team 6+ games over the .500 mark come June when they may or may not call up Cole...Also Black, Contreras, Morton, Liriano will might come into the picture at some point. The team is playing well..The pitching staff is hanging on so there is no need to rush Contreras, Morton or Liriano....Maybe a month from now all three could be on the team helping out.

And the question remains...Will the Bucs trade an arm ( and maybe a prospect) to get a bat? With the pitching help that is on the way and a good start to the season... Should they make a move help out the offense a little for a stretch run? I am in favour of them making a move in May or June instead of at the trading deadline...

I know at some point McCutchen will get red hot and carry the offense! But Pedro is streaky so he will be hot and cold several times this season.

Flags fly forever, and if this team has a decent record come june when we have a couple of extra arms...Why not make a move for a bat and take a shot at making the post season?

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is somewhat of a sense of urgency with Liriano and Morton, both are on rehab assignments and only have a max of 30 days from when the assignment began. I will also say this, the sooner both are in the rotation, the better I will feel about our chances of not being a sub .500 team.

The way Cole is pitching right now, I don't see him being called up this year unless there is just a slew of injuries.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crow

You are right Cole is not lights out at this point.. but there is about 2 months from now until the time they would call him up...So a lot could change between now and then.