• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All-Time NBA Mock Draft Playoff Game 1: Shane vs UK

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a vote I think i'd lean UK here because his second unit is so strong. Shane has the slightly better starting five but those 18 minutes of backups would not be kind to Shane IMO. Jordan and Nique together is kind of redundant, they arent both gonna be flying through the air, I think I would have put Mullin in the starting lineup. These are freakin crazy good teams, too bad they had to meet in round one, how the heck were you guys able to draft such amazing teams, what the heck does everyone elses team look like, lolzzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Earlier you had him "clogging the lane"

Sikma doesn't spread the floor much either but if I want someone to clog the lane I want it to be a rim protector

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a vote I think i'd lean UK here because his second unit is so strong. Shane has the slightly better starting five but those 18 minutes of backups would not be kind to Shane IMO. Jordan and Nique together is kind of redundant, they arent both gonna be flying through the air, I think I would have put Mullin in the starting lineup. These are freakin crazy good teams, too bad they had to meet in round one, how the heck were you guys able to draft such amazing teams, what the heck does everyone elses team look like, lolzzz

Well thanks for your honest opinion and no I would NEVER put Mullin the starting lineup bc he would be guarding Lebron or KD. That is a matchup in hell for close to 30 minutes. Nique was an athletic freak with helps the overall one-on-one matchups.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised here although Shane has a great team of course. UK's bench is insane

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the only one thinking like that Nos...the ONLY one
Maybe that's because Nos is over the age of 40....I should have gone with the surefire strategy of not taking anyone who played before 1980, because all the old guys are "overrated".

Couple of statistical comparisons, Best season followed by career average

Player A 38.3 ppg. 18.6rpg, 4.6apg...27.5/13.5/4.3
Player B 26.5/5.9/5.1......18.2/4.1/3.1

What the Hell, add player C
Player C 37.1/5.2/4.6.....30.1/6.2/5.3

A is Baylor, B is Mullin, C is Jordan. One is "overrated"

One more

Player D 30.8/12.5/11.4......25.7/7.5/9.5
Player E 16.9/6.4/9.8......12.6/6.3/8.7

D is Oscar E is Kidd

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's because Nos is over the age of 40....I should have gone with the surefire strategy of not taking anyone who played before 1980, because all the old guys are "overrated".

Couple of statistical comparisons, Best season followed by career average

Player A 38.3 ppg. 18.6rpg, 4.6apg...27.5/13.5/4.3
Player B 26.5/5.9/5.1......18.2/4.1/3.1

What the Hell, add player C
Player C 37.1/5.2/4.6.....30.1/6.2/5.3

A is Baylor, B is Mullin, C is Jordan. One is "overrated"

One more

Player D 30.8/12.5/11.4......25.7/7.5/9.5
Player E 16.9/6.4/9.8......12.6/6.3/8.7

D is Oscar E is Kidd

It has nothing to do with not liking any older generation players but by going by numbers Wilt dominates anyone by a lot. Baylor played in a different era and that ALWAYS has to enter the conversation. If Baylor is so great why didn't you insert him into the starting lineup?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with not liking any older generation players but by going by numbers Wilt dominates anyone by a lot. Baylor played in a different era and that ALWAYS has to enter the conversation. If Baylor is so great why didn't you insert him into the starting lineup?
Oh, I don't know, maybe because I was already starting "the 2nd greatest player ever" at SF and figured I'd let Baylor crush Mullin off the bench. Who knew someone who couldn't guard average players of his era one on one could actually check Baylor.

Here's an admission...I never saw Oscar or Baylor play live...but there are a lot of guys who played against and saw MJ, Oscar and Baylor play that will tell you there was no difference in the 3 players. Now, you may choose to set that aside, but you may remember it when your kids are telling you Andrew Wiggins was better than MJ and DeMarcus Cousins was better than Shaq

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't know, maybe because I was already starting "the 2nd greatest player ever" at SF and figured I'd let Baylor crush Mullin off the bench. Who knew someone who couldn't guard average players of his era one on one could actually check Baylor.

Here's an admission...I never saw Oscar or Baylor play live...but there are a lot of guys who played against and saw MJ, Oscar and Baylor play that will tell you there was no difference in the 3 players. Now, you may choose to set that aside, but you may remember it when your kids are telling you Andrew Wiggins was better than MJ and DeMarcus Cousins was better than Shaq

The only player I will EVER compare to MJ is Lebron. Oscar was a great and top 10 but Baylor was a great scorer. The difference is Lebron and MJ are all-around greats.

Mullin is average?? :laugh3: He is just in the Hall of Fame and one of the best shooters ever...but he is average lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks for your honest opinion and no I would NEVER put Mullin the starting lineup bc he would be guarding Lebron or KD. That is a matchup in hell for close to 30 minutes. Nique was an athletic freak with helps the overall one-on-one matchups.

Guarding LeBron or KD? ok I guess I just dont see how him guarding Baylor is any better. Helps on one on one matchups? You realize Nique wasn't known for his defense, at least Mullin tried defensively.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any way this was a great matchup and congrats to whoever won!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guarding LeBron or KD? ok I guess I just dont see how him guarding Baylor is any better. Helps on one on one matchups? You realize Nique wasn't known for his defense, at least Mullin tried defensively.

So Baylor vs Mullin wins this matchup for Uk. All 18 mins...lol

Baylor was 6'5 225

Lebron 6'8 260
KD 6'11" 240

No difference :L

I will have to get Nique's word on it...that he never tried on defense. I bet he wasn't Harden lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess next draft I will get Baylor. I knew he was great but I didn't know he was top 5 lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player I will EVER compare to MJ is Lebron. Oscar was a great and top 10 but Baylor was a great scorer. The difference is Lebron and MJ are all-around greats.

Mullin is average?? :laugh3: He is just in the Hall of Fame and one of the best shooters ever...but he is average lol
I'm a big fan of Mullin, but don't make him something he wasn't.

ESPN will tell you every team that wins a Title now is an all time great. If you want the truth, go to the start of a great players career and how they did against older guys. Example...greatest PG to most is Magic(me included). The first few years Magic was with the Lakers, he wasn't their best player...KAJ was...an old KAJ, not the guy he was in his prime, when he was far more dominant .Listen to KAJ talk about guys like Wilt, Oscar, Baylor and West and whether or not they'd be the best in the game if they played today. Mullin vs Baylor would equate to Dirk guarding KG. As a Dallas fan, I've seen that horror show

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Mullin, but don't make him something he wasn't.

ESPN will tell you every team that wins a Title now is an all time great. If you want the truth, go to the start of a great players career and how they did against older guys. Example...greatest PG to most is Magic(me included). The first few years Magic was with the Lakers, he wasn't their best player...KAJ was...an old KAJ, not the guy he was in his prime, when he was far more dominant .Listen to KAJ talk about guys like Wilt, Oscar, Baylor and West and whether or not they'd be the best in the game if they played today. Mullin vs Baylor would equate to Dirk guarding KG. As a Dallas fan, I've seen that horror show

I have already said Baylor wins the matchup, but it doesn't make you win this matchup IMO You were the one comparing Baylor to MJ and Oscar lol. There is a reason he isn't top 10 or even top 25.

while I do agree with everything you said, you still have to take in all the factors. Yes, Mullin is not Baylor and will never be compared to him but Mullin brings something different to my team and the matchup. You are going to have guys that cant guard but it is part of the matchup and part of every winning team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already said Baylor wins the matchup, but it doesn't make you win this matchup IMO You were the one comparing Baylor to MJ and Oscar lol. There is a reason he isn't top 10 or even top 25
He'd light Mullin up like a freaking Christmas tree

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd light Mullin up like a freaking Christmas tree

EwKiDI.gif

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I notice you posted Mullin shooting, not getting blown by and dunked on. Mullin was a great "help" defender, meaning he would match up with the worst offensive player on the other team and be the designated double teamer against great players. Any great scorer would destroy him one on one, and as I said, I've been a fan of his since his days at St. Johns.