• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ALL THINGS SUH

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Both won dd games vs bad teams and lost in round 1, but Schwartz cared like a muther. He gave this team an attitude and an identity. Schwartz would have burned the place down for his players and us fans.

Now, were just an 0-4 team that quietly shuffles their feet and walks away each time the NFL let's us know we don't count.
I respect Caldwell. But i respect a lot of people that don't seem inspirational. Remember when we got three minutes to accept the fact MMII fired him?

Schwartz tried to set a tone. And that tone was, you aren't gonna like playing us.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz tried to set a tone. And that tone was, you aren't gonna like playing us.

Yep. That's why it's unbelievable to see Lions fans shit on Suh while we sit here at 0-4. What's our identity now? What was it before Suh arrived? Where's all that money saved gone to? All these coaches are going to lose their jobs at the end of the season. Mayhew too. Winning is priceless. And the Lions won't have an identity again for a long time, other than same old Lions.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's why it's unbelievable to see Lions fans shit on Suh while we sit here at 0-4. What's our identity now? What was it before Suh arrived? Where's all that money saved gone to? All these coaches are going to lose their jobs at the end of the season. Mayhew too. Winning is priceless. And the Lions won't have an identity again for a long time, other than same old Lions.
Schwartz missed his window.

Five years too late. Too much violence in his gameplan for today's NFL. And now we search for choir boys and future doctors.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh with Payton would be siiiiiiiick

Why would Payton help Suh? Payton is a head coach who spent his entire career coaching on the offensive side of the ball. In almost 30 years of coaching, he has never held a position on the defensive side of the ball.

Or are you saying -- Payton could help mask the deficiencies on defense by outscoring other teams?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that was my wish for next season. He can't fix Stafford... Blow it up and start over.

Peyton to Detroit would make much more sense than Miami. He'd have more weapons to work with and if he was stuck with Stafford at QB -- at least he would have a QB who has worked in a similar system to what he ran in New Orleans.

I have a feeling he isn't going anywhere though. I believe Payton is signed thru 2017 and neither Detroit or Miami have draft picks they can afford to trade away.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Payton help Suh? Payton is a head coach who spent his entire career coaching on the offensive side of the ball. In almost 30 years of coaching, he has never held a position on the defensive side of the ball.

Or are you saying -- Payton could help mask the deficiencies on defense by outscoring other teams?

Actually Mike, when it comes to coaching many times the guy on the other side of the ball can help you out immensely. Coaches understand were they're most vulnerable within their schemes. So if you think Sean does not understand defenses, i got nothing for you. He has made a living studying them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that was my wish for next season. He can't fix Stafford... Blow it up and start over.

I have also been peeking at Reich also. Not sure he's ready but, peeking anyway. Not from behind a couch kinda peeking. Just noticing his ideas and scheme seem to suited to our current personnel.

Payton has mad pull. He's always had good defensive coordinators. Any SB winning HC would be a major grab for Detroit or Miami.

Not sure there's anyone out there who can replace Stafford though. At least not in this class. But it's early.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton to Detroit would make much more sense than Miami. He'd have more weapons to work with and if he was stuck with Stafford at QB -- at least he would have a QB who has worked in a similar system to what he ran in New Orleans.

I have a feeling he isn't going anywhere though. I believe Payton is signed thru 2017 and neither Detroit or Miami have draft picks they can afford to trade away.

Did Schwartz have time remaining on his contract? Two years of losing does not bode well for some owners. Especially after tasting a little success.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton has mad pull. He's always had good defensive coordinators. Any SB winning HC would be a major grab for Detroit or Miami.

Not sure there's anyone out there who can replace Stafford though. At least not in this class. But it's early.

No in this class Rob. I just meant if Sean can't fix it Staff after few seasons, I was correct in saying it wasn't goin to happen after year 10 either.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Schwartz have time remaining on his contract? Two years of losing does not bode well for some owners. Especially after tasting a little success.

I read Schwartz is still being paid by the Lions AND the Bills. If true, he's a lot smarter than he's given credit for.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Mike, when it comes to coaching many times the guy on the other side of the ball can help you out immensely. Coaches understand were they're most vulnerable within their schemes. So if you think Sean does not understand defenses, i got nothing for you. He has made a living studying them.

Ya, I haven't go the energy to post w Mike anymore. Payton would be incredible for Suh. If he thinks that's me looking dumb, I can live with that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I haven't go the energy to post w Mike anymore. Payton would be incredible for Suh. If he thinks that's me looking dumb, I can live with that.

If Suh wanted to run some patterns at TE, ala JJ Watt, then I agree. As far as the defensive side of the ball -- only way Payton would be incredible for Suh is if he brought in an incredible DC.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. He has one of the best offensive minds in the game. He has made a living figuring out how to attack defenses and find weaknesses to exploit.

Do I think he could give ideas to a defense? Yes. Do I think he is going to change the complexion of a defense by hiring him? No. I do think, because of his elite status in regards to his offense, he will probably be able to lure a top DC to work with him.

I think it'd be incredible for Tannehill to get to work with Payton.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He has one of the best offensive minds in the game. He has made a living figuring out how to attack defenses and find weaknesses to exploit.

Do I think he could give ideas to a defense? Yes. Do I think he is going to change the complexion of a defense by hiring him? No. I do think, because of his elite status in regards to his offense, he will probably be able to lure a top DC to work with him.

I think it'd be incredible for Tannehill to get to work with Payton.

Glad Rob gets it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry & Suh Earn All-AFC Honors From PFWA 

Congrats to Suh and Landry, two elite peices Miami will be centered around for years. Too bad too, since both could and should be Lions

Jarvis Landryicon-article-link.gif and Ndamukong Suhicon-article-link.gif both were recognized Monday when the Professional Football Writers of America announced its All-NFL and All-Conference teams.

Both Landry and Suh were selected to the All-AFC team, Landry as a punt returner and Suh at defensive tackle.

Landry averaged 9.9 yards on punt returns in 2015 with a long of 69 yards, his game-winning touchdown in the season opener at Washington.

Suh led all AFC defensive tackles in tackles for loss with 17 and was second in quarterback hits with 20.

The Dolphins had no selections on the All-AFC team last season. Suh earned All-NFL and All-NFC honors from the PFWA with the Detroit Lions in both 2013 and 2014.

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-20_18-31-37.gif
    upload_2016-1-20_18-31-37.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 27

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on being all-AFC. Maybe next year, for 19 million a year, he can get named All-NFL by the sportswriters.

Almost forgot to give props to Landry on the kick return spot.