• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

all i'll say is...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was kinda thinking the same. as an organization unfortunately we've never been good at drafting new QB's. lol guess now's a good time to start...

course it ain't gonna matter at all if we can't fix our line problems...
This is why I was terrified of putting a Geno Smith (oh good lord, that would have been miserable) behind this O-line after 2012. This roster has made a ton of progress outside of probably OL and LB- but it appears we need a franchise QB for that next step to happen. My guess is we draft Cook out of MSU to compete with Murray for the QB2 spot for 2016; and invest heavily in the OL this offseason. This OL is something I'd like a young QB to avoid without question. LT and RG are massive holes. C and RT currently appear salvageable.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the Chiefs beyond the Broncos game this year but I was wondering if Reid is asking Alex Smith to be more than what he is? What I mean by that is the addition of Jeremy Maclin comes with the idea of trying to go deep on a more regular basis to really stretch the field. Alex Smith has never really been known for that style of offense so I was just wondering if he is trying to force it more and it just isn't working too well.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the Chiefs beyond the Broncos game this year but I was wondering if Reid is asking Alex Smith to be more than what he is? What I mean by that is the addition of Jeremy Maclin comes with the idea of trying to go deep on a more regular basis to really stretch the field. Alex Smith has never really been known for that style of offense so I was just wondering if he is trying to force it more and it just isn't working too well.
There has been a few junctures where he has flat forced it to Maclin for no discernible reason; and a few times where being normal Alex smith scrambles for a 1st down vs looking downfield and taking a sack. It's really an all of the above type of problem. As a Chiefs fan, this is very disturbing and a serious discussion on if Reid is capable of leading a championship team going forward; and if so, in what capacity?

I'd need to rewatch all the games to be sure, but it sure looks like he is looking downfield more and taking a lot more sacks as a result. Somewhat predictable given he had questionable pocket presence to begin with. O-line not exactly making it easy so that compounds any flaws in Alex's game as well. 3rd year in the system with adequate receiving options leads me to give Alex no rope here. This is all on him to pick it up- or be replaced by 2017.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a few junctures where he has flat forced it to Maclin for no discernible reason; and a few times where being normal Alex smith scrambles for a 1st down vs looking downfield and taking a sack. It's really an all of the above type of problem. As a Chiefs fan, this is very disturbing and a serious discussion on if Reid is capable of leading a championship team going forward; and if so, in what capacity?

I'd need to rewatch all the games to be sure, but it sure looks like he is looking downfield more and taking a lot more sacks as a result. Somewhat predictable given he had questionable pocket presence to begin with. O-line not exactly making it easy so that compounds any flaws in Alex's game as well. 3rd year in the system with adequate receiving options leads me to give Alex no rope here. This is all on him to pick it up- or be replaced by 2017.

I appreciate your answer. I'll have to go watch some of the Chiefs games this week. Like I said haven't really watched much of them this year just see that the offense hasn't quite clicked. Very interested to see how Kniles Davis does now though. Went and put a Waiver Claim in for him in every one of my fantasy leagues as I think the Chiefs run game will still be pretty effective with him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, I am leaning towards removing Sutton and keeping everyone else; this team is lacking a certain amount of aggression on defense. Too many times has that unit folded when the going got tough this year. It's already happened twice against Denver and Chicago. If this team shows no signs of life, I may reconsider this position and just promote Toub to HC.

I think Reid would do well with a QB without the mental baggage Smith has, imo. Just hasn't worked out.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't particularly expect much. Just an opportunity to see if there is progress on the O-line and WR front. Will be anxious to see Ramik Wilson and Charcandrick West as well. A shame it has come to this early in the season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season kind of reminds me of the 2013 Texans. QB regressed and Foster was hurt. This offense just isn't getting it done with Smith.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist Ive gotten about the Chiefs is that you guys are awful on third down offense and your secondary is awful. Bad combination even before Charles went down.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist Ive gotten about the Chiefs is that you guys are awful on third down offense and your secondary is awful. Bad combination even before Charles went down.

worst part is the secondary was SUPPOSED to be a strength. but the disappointment from this team is huge. time for some sweeping changes imo...INCLUDING coaching...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst part is the secondary was SUPPOSED to be a strength. but the disappointment from this team is huge. time for some sweeping changes imo...INCLUDING coaching...
I personally am seeing a lot of snaps where this team is getting zero pressure. Particularly snaps where the QB can step up- we're used to Poe snuffing those out. With that being said, 4 of our 6 games the defense wasn't particularly the problem. Berry and Howard are guys I'd like to re-sign. Going to have to draft/sign a CB in the offseason to replace Smith.

Denver, Chicago, and Minny were all extremely winnable games. Offense wasn't up to task all 3 times.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally am seeing a lot of snaps where this team is getting zero pressure. Particularly snaps where the QB can step up- we're used to Poe snuffing those out. With that being said, 4 of our 6 games the defense wasn't particularly the problem. Berry and Howard are guys I'd like to re-sign. Going to have to draft/sign a CB in the offseason to replace Smith.

Denver, Chicago, and Minny were all extremely winnable games. Offense wasn't up to task all 3 times.

I have cautiously projected a PIT win this week, surprisingly the Steeler D is playing better than expected and Bell/cast makes the QB job a little easier...but, I'm bracing for a loss....Landry with a week to prepare is scarier than him coming in mid game...new LT starting his 1st game at the position this week.

The bigger reason is KC's record is baffling. Charles going down seemingly has the OFC in neutral but you have to think the DEF is better than the results...you know they are motivated to get after a young inexperienced QB... eventually the OFC will click....I think this will be a low scoring, close game.

Wish you guys the best.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have cautiously projected a PIT win this week, surprisingly the Steeler D is playing better than expected and Bell/cast makes the QB job a little easier...but, I'm bracing for a loss....Landry with a week to prepare is scarier than him coming in mid game...new LT starting his 1st game at the position this week.

The bigger reason is KC's record is baffling. Charles going down seemingly has the OFC in neutral but you have to think the DEF is better than the results...you know they are motivated to get after a young inexperienced QB... eventually the OFC will click....I think this will be a low scoring, close game.

Wish you guys the best.
Best of luck. I am just approaching this as an opportunity to evaluate. This Chiefs team is too erratic to predict much of anything.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense looks like it has gotten its shit together. Offense is stalling with Smith... as expected. Also, the sack to end the half was just dreadful. May or not be the difference in a made FG.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense looks like it has gotten its shit together. Offense is stalling with Smith... as expected. Also, the sack to end the half was just dreadful. May or not be the difference in a made FG.

DEFNITELY a team with a lot of issues, but i'll gladly take the win. btw nice game outta West...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEFNITELY a team with a lot of issues, but i'll gladly take the win. btw nice game outta West...
Some progress out of the young WR's and the OL was nice to see. Still some head-scratching moments out of the guard spots, but Allen seems to have fixed our OT issue for the time being. Defense has done an acceptable job the past 3 weeks. Having a +3 (really 2 with leverage) TO margin with only 23 points, is very underwhelming for me. Falls on Smith when redzone possesions aren't being punched in.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, Conley looks incredibly promising if he keeps putting in the time and effort. He hasn't had a huge problem being open which was my biggest concern. I am really liking the progress I am seeing week to week out of him since OTA's when it was pretty clear he was learning a complex playbook. He'll have a chance to make some noise opposite of Maclin (hopefully) next week in London. Very intrigued after the past two weeks; just hold onto the ball. He needs a date with that jugs machine.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, Conley looks incredibly promising if he keeps putting in the time and effort. He hasn't had a huge problem being open which was my biggest concern. I am really liking the progress I am seeing week to week out of him since OTA's when it was pretty clear he was learning a complex playbook. He'll have a chance to make some noise opposite of Maclin (hopefully) next week in London. Very intrigued after the past two weeks; just hold onto the ball. He needs a date with that jugs machine.

I really liked him coming out of college. I was pounding the table for the Broncos to draft this kid as I think he has the ability to be that great route runner with very good hands. I don't think he will ever be a top-10 type WR but I do think he has a great chance to be a very good #2 in this league.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...

where's THIS Chiefs team been all season? maybe we should play ALL our games overseas...